Home

Bait ingredients

Posted By: Hoosier71

Bait ingredients - 08/06/18 07:32 PM

I bought Mr Dobbins' Bait Solution and am now try to come up with the meat for bait. I just killed a groundhog the dog had treed in the yard, I am hoping my son or I will get a couple of early October deer and am trapping a few mice. My question is, could I mix a little groundhog, deer liver, deer scraps and mice all into one bait for the Bait Solution or should they be kept separate?

Also, I threw the groundhog in the freezer whole. I assume you just skin and debone and just use the meat?
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Bait ingredients - 08/06/18 08:07 PM

That is a good Bait Solution, and any combination of your chosen bait ingredients will be fine. I would taint it for 2 weeks or so, but make sure to keep flies out until you put the final SB.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Bait ingredients - 08/08/18 04:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Hoosier71
I bought Mr Dobbins' Bait Solution and am now try to come up with the meat for bait. I just killed a groundhog the dog had treed in the yard, I am hoping my son or I will get a couple of early October deer and am trapping a few mice. My question is, could I mix a little groundhog, deer liver, deer scraps and mice all into one bait for the Bait Solution or should they be kept separate?

Also, I threw the groundhog in the freezer whole. I assume you just skin and debone and just use the meat?
Yes any combination of meats will work, as bob stated before do each meat differently then blend for a different response
© 2024 Trapperman Forums