Home

Add anything to deer liver??

Posted By: greggsinthehouse

Add anything to deer liver?? - 09/23/18 03:52 AM

Shoud i add anything to my fresh deer liver i put in big peanut butter jars? Should I freeze them ? Will they dry out?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Add anything to deer liver?? - 09/23/18 11:44 AM

Cut into small pieces,age for two days, drain off liquid,add Jamison's bait solution and SB and you will have a top quality bait.
Posted By: mikehunterman

Re: Add anything to deer liver?? - 09/25/18 05:50 PM

I usually make quart with 5 to 10 drops of civit another with muscaro. If you wanted something for cats try valerian or catnip or fish oil or a tiny bit of caster. You could pretty much use anything. I usually do not shoot any deer until the end of November so it is cool so I let it sit all season tainting. If I think I want to keep it for next year I put it in a cold refrigerator until the next season and let it slow taint.
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: Add anything to deer liver?? - 09/27/18 11:03 PM

I know that calf liver with a little Tonquin is good in the spring!

Scott
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Add anything to deer liver?? - 09/28/18 01:24 AM

IMHO its hard to go wrong with any liver! Pork, beaver and deer are my top 3 picks. With or without additives I never preserve mine. It will eventually preserve its self, into a lumpy black semi liquid state.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Add anything to deer liver?? - 09/28/18 12:38 PM

Someone on here said he added deer hair to his liver, sounds like a good idea to me . I will be trying the short hair off of the legs, including the hair off the tarsal glands . I’ve have used plain chunky deer liver in the past with good results!

PS. If you grind the liver use the large plate only not the small plate ! If you grind it fine ( into a paste ) and then get a rain it will lose all color and smell !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums