Home

Butterscotch coon bait

Posted By: wormbobskey

Butterscotch coon bait - 09/25/18 06:30 PM

Anyone know what went into that butterscotch coon lure/bait? Where can I get butterscotch oil?
Posted By: tbn

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 09/25/18 07:48 PM

I thought Grawes or JR and sons carried it.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 09/26/18 10:17 AM

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_butterscotch/

I think coons would like it. I know I do. doubt it works better than a seine full of crawdads though that were ground whole and fresh then froze.
Posted By: Dfabs

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 09/26/18 11:16 AM

Snare Shop sells it
Posted By: etxwoods

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 09/27/18 08:16 AM

Go to a grocery store and buy a bottle of butterscotch or caramel flavoring. Fill a plastic jar
(I use empty peanut butter jars or gator aid bottles) abt 3/4 full of shelled corn. Pour a half teaspoon of the flavor
-ing inwith the corn. Put lid back on & give it a good shake. Leave lid on tight & shake a couple
times during next 24 hrs. Put a marshmallow under the trigger & abt half tsp of the flavored
corn in your d/p. Other sweet flavoring work well, as does floating catfish food pellets. My
favorite flavoring is anise. Cheap and Works great!!
Posted By: Terrence j

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 09/27/18 10:47 AM

You could get some green death butterscotch sent and out some on your prefered bait. I think cumberlands has it. It's really potent
Posted By: Dfabs

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 09/27/18 12:00 PM

I like to use floating catfish pellets. I coat them with pancake syrup mixed with molasses. Just enough to coat them though, and it will absorb into the pellets and you will not have a sticky pellet. They will smell like molasses and still be kinda dry.
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 09/28/18 05:25 PM

I make a bait with fish pellets, molasses and anise oil. I make it 5 gallons at a time and use it in my cages for ADC work. I also make a bait with persimmon oil. Not as attractive as the anise oil, but it works. Was just looking for a new one to throw at them tis year.
Posted By: Sanford Otte

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 10/12/18 12:07 PM

Has anyone tried caramel flavoring that you use for ice cream in place of butterscotch?
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 10/13/18 01:57 AM

Unless someone is just curious in using other odors to attract coon vs trying everything in their tool box and being unsuccessful, and now just going all in, you're giving raccoon too much credit. High probability that you're doing something wrong out in the field if you're having no success.Locations etc jmo
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: Butterscotch coon bait - 10/14/18 11:42 PM

Fish flavored cat food and a shot of carmel or Butterscotch ice cream topping. Doesn't get much faster and works well in early fall or summer ADC work.

Brian
© 2024 Trapperman Forums