Home

Urine antifreeze?

Posted By: Mattie

Urine antifreeze? - 10/09/18 09:34 PM

Living in Canada can make it difficult to keep urine from freezing. Would anyone want to share their opinion on adding glycol to urine as an antifreeze. Are there better options? Maybe glycerin is the better option
Posted By: yukonal

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/10/18 02:14 AM

20% glycerin to 80% urine is what I use after freeze up. It works!
Posted By: sgs

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/10/18 09:24 AM

I start out with salt and add glycerine if needed.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/10/18 05:00 PM

As a rule of thumb 25% volume of antifreeze to a water soluble or based material will provide good freeze proofing prevention to most products.
Posted By: Mattie

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/10/18 06:52 PM

Thanks for the response guys.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/10/18 09:06 PM

According to one of my lure making books Glycol can at times totally destroy the odor of urine after a period of time.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/11/18 01:18 AM

x2 glycol once air hits it turns sour glycerine
Posted By: lureintheanimal

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/11/18 04:57 AM

x5 , Glycol, has No value in natural products, it was designed for use in artificial products, the longer it lays in natural products the more damage is done.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/11/18 06:07 PM

Or just condense your urine you are using by doing so changes its freezing point.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 10/12/18 03:03 AM

red I don't want to give out your secret but that's done by freezing it correct?
Posted By: Nefru

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 11/13/18 12:07 AM

Can I ask what happens if you leave the urine somewhere and it freezes? Will it be ruined? Is there a difference between home made and store bought in that situation?
Posted By: late bite

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 11/29/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by red mt
Or just condense your urine you are using by doing so changes its freezing point.

Can I get an Amen!
mine has been in the back of my truck in the teens and has yet to freeze.......
Posted By: tbn

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 11/29/18 11:14 PM

There is an education on pee. Some does and some don't. Just have to figure out who to buy from. I know the pee I just received sat out in 15 degrees temps and no frozen pee here.
Posted By: Coon Duke

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 11/30/18 02:10 AM

When it’s real cold (around 25 degrees or less) I have had to thaw my fox urine from my fox pen every morning.its not frozen solid but there is ice formed. I keep an eye on the water dish and I know it isn’t watered down.

I add glycerine at a 1:7 ratio for all urine used on the trapline. It works as antifreeze and helps urine resist dessication.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 11/30/18 10:23 AM

keep your pee bottle on the pickup dash by the defroster vent or inside coat pocket if your afoot. it smells but no worries about nontrapping riff raff wanting a ride or democrat wimmin trying to take advantage of you in the dark
Posted By: SkyeDancer

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 12/01/18 10:57 PM

I add a couple o be a of glycerin. Seems to keep it from freezing and I hope it holds the over longer
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Urine antifreeze? - 12/10/18 06:35 PM

What and how much you would add to a gallon of coyote pee? To stop it form freezen to keep it as it is for pee and not break it down like stated from what I understand reading this.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums