Home

Beef liver bait

Posted By: Yotegiter

Beef liver bait - 12/25/18 01:10 AM

I recently read on here that coyotes pass on beef liver and won’t eat it. I just had a friend give me a couple pounds of dried beef liver. I want to make a coyote bait, that they will eat. I thought I’d grind it, then reconstitute it with a combo of distilled water , glycerin , and bacon grease. Thought I’d add some castor also. What do you hardcore bait makers think? Is it worth it? Should I add anything else? Maybe asfedia?

Merry Christmas
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Beef liver bait - 12/26/18 01:57 PM

well ask any rancher if the coyotes leaves the liver? Take some liver out and put it in a hole and see if your yotes will eat It. I have found that testing for my self reveals that a lot of they won't that someone state turns into they will for me.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Beef liver bait - 12/26/18 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Yotegiter
Should I add anything else? Maybe asfedia?

JMO..When getting animals to react to your bait/lure, this will give you many answers as to what you're looking for. Testing individually and in combination to achieve your final product. I would also recommend studying the animal you're looking to attract. Have an idea/know why and what they're doing as they react to the bait/lure, I'd test year round as well, rain and snow. Caution using expensive cams, especially if your testing on public land, unless you don't mind theft. Along with private property, it means nothing to some.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums