Home

Skunk bait?

Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Skunk bait? - 09/12/19 07:21 PM

Hi,
What is your best producing skunk bait(s)?
Thank you,
AT.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Skunk bait? - 09/12/19 07:39 PM

Blackies Fur King
ANYTHING sweet actually
cherry pie filling
grape jelly with cherry JELLO powder added
canned cat food too
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Skunk bait? - 09/12/19 08:12 PM

I use my skunk lure on skunks. Never had a need to litter a cage with all types of baits to lure a skunk into them.
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Skunk bait? - 09/12/19 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by TDHP
I use my skunk lure on skunks. Never had a need to litter a cage with all types of baits to lure a skunk into them.

Do you come to conventions?
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Skunk bait? - 09/13/19 07:26 PM

Anthony, just click on his link below his name and order some, like ya did from my site.
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Skunk bait? - 09/13/19 08:19 PM

No need, you would save a lot more money and continue to trap your target animal if you were to make your own in bulk. It's super easy to make an effective skunk lure/bait.
Posted By: tbn

Re: Skunk bait? - 09/13/19 09:42 PM

TDHP is one of the good guys!
Posted By: run

Re: Skunk bait? - 10/22/19 10:32 AM

I can catch skunks with no lure/ bait.
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Skunk bait? - 10/22/19 12:41 PM

Banana, fresh or aged into a paste or in a commercial bait. for all-season anytime.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Skunk bait? - 10/22/19 01:57 PM

Ron how do bananas fair once it drops below freezing ? Do they still put out enough scent to be effective? Or should a guy switch to banana oil?

Re: Skunk bait? - 10/24/19 12:12 AM

The odor is never really hard. But I find if I have the bait where the skunk is, they go for it, I break my bananas down the same way I wrote about doing fruit bases a few posts ago. So for cold weather and the draw or pull is desired, I would add some good banana essence oil. Banana extract really dies fast with odor.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Skunk bait? - 10/24/19 03:08 AM

I hear that cooking scents have a short life in open air! Our skunk population is on the rise. I plan to take advantage of that

Re: Skunk bait? - 10/24/19 01:30 PM

Extracts are alcohol by volume to low % of mother source for taste, when the alcohol evaporates there is very little mother source left. The essential oil in the uncut form will hold longer exposed to the air but can be bitter in taste, so if you're making a taste bait keep that in mind, JMHO.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums