Home

Fox & Coyote Meat

Posted By: jnsff69

Fox & Coyote Meat - 09/17/19 04:14 PM

I have read on here about using the vents, glands, etc... for lures but does using fox & coyote meat work like bobcat meat works for K-9's?
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Fox & Coyote Meat - 09/17/19 04:45 PM

Some use red fox but I don't think coyote would be very good.

Re: Fox & Coyote Meat - 09/17/19 04:58 PM

How bout kit fox?
I know everytime I skin one theres a certain odor that makes me wonder alittle.

Re: Fox & Coyote Meat - 09/17/19 05:00 PM

Also how do you guys use red fox urine? Is it the same as yote urine at the set or do you only add it to a mixture of stuff?
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Fox & Coyote Meat - 09/17/19 05:47 PM

I have no experience with kit fox so you would just have to try it to see.I would chunk it up and use half fresh and taint half,a few days,depending on temperature.Keep the flys out.

People use urine many different ways.That goes for fox,coyote and cat.I have had much better luck with red fox urine than gray fox.Some report better results than coyote urine.

You can use it on a scent post or with flat and dirt hole sets at the bait of scent location OR another spot like the other side of the trap bed,off the side etc..In other words,give them more than one attraction spot to keep those feet shuffling.I would say yes,any method that works for coyote urine,should work with the fox.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Fox & Coyote Meat - 09/17/19 08:48 PM

Tainted red fox in a dirt hole has worked for me, but I try a whole lot of stuff every year and coyotes are attracted by a lot of things. If I have access to it I try it. I have months to trap and love to try things
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Fox & Coyote Meat - 09/18/19 08:41 PM

I have some grey fox meat that I had tainting in my root cellar. I forgot about it and it rendered down into a thick paste in the vented jar. I use it a as a rub lure on a post with the trap guarding the most likely approach. Works pretty good as a change up lure.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums