Home

Pork Liver

Posted By: illinideer

Pork Liver - 03/23/20 10:51 PM

Has anyone experimented or used pork liver as a K9 bait. I just picked up 10lbs from our local meat locker they slaughtered a couple hogs today and saved it back for me..
Thanks Justin
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Pork Liver - 03/23/20 11:32 PM

Most any raw tissue meat or organ meat whether domestic or wildlife based meats all will hold some interest to many animals and predators. Liver tissue due to its composition does not hold up well without keeping frozen prior to use in fresh form. I believe someone brought up a similar topic recently on the forum.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Pork Liver - 03/24/20 11:52 AM

Friend of mine got some last year to test. Didn't do so well
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Pork Liver - 03/24/20 04:35 PM

follow Nick Wyshinski's instruction in his books.

you DID ask for them for Christmas from loved ones, didn't you?
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Pork Liver - 03/25/20 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by traprjohn
follow Nick Wyshinski's instruction in his books.

you DID ask for them for Christmas from loved ones, didn't you?

I'll have to get them and give them a read
J
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Pork Liver - 03/25/20 03:46 PM

I’ve not tried pork but have had very good results with fresh deer liver. Chunk it about 1.5” or 2” pieces and put it in a hole frozen or partially thawed. I tried grinding and preserving with SB and had NO positive results .
If you have any hog farms near you with a dead pit , the pig liver should work with the locals .
Good luck,
Don
Posted By: TnT

Re: Pork Liver - 03/25/20 04:37 PM

Does anyone know what is in Magnum Marten? My boys are trappers and got some. Because it is so strong smelling, I am concerned about them inhaling it when setting traps, Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Pork Liver - 03/25/20 08:17 PM

I would imagine it has a good push of skunk musk. I have never smelled it before but logic would have it that most things referred to as magnum are either bigger then normal or smells much stronger than normal.

I don't see any harm in smelling it. I have been smelling skunk essence on purpose and as a trade odor regularly for most of my adult life. I am still basically normal I think. LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums