Home

Glands

Posted By: MySide 🦝

Glands - 08/14/20 12:43 AM

Will there be any negative effects if I freeze glands to save them?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Glands - 08/14/20 12:07 PM

Thats how I keep mine through trapping season. Once I'm done trapping I thaw them out, clean them up, grind and age to desired point.

Now that I think of it....if you use your mom's freezer and she finds out what you have in there some negative effects could take place. Lol
Posted By: 080808

Re: Glands - 08/14/20 12:38 PM

....”only tell your mother what she needs to know”. lol
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Glands - 08/14/20 01:53 PM

Go to the store and buy yourself a freezer just for trapping stuff. That way you won't be buying mom a new one like the roaster pan. When I said I used an electric roaster I don't think I mentioned I got it at a garage sale for 5 bucks. I have my own fridge, dishwasher, freezer and other kitchen type things for trapping so my wife is easier to get along with.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Glands - 08/14/20 01:54 PM

Frozen glands are fine, as you age them they are still ok as long as you open the container outdoors.

Re: Glands - 08/14/20 02:40 PM

LOL!!! Thats funny, thanks for the tips.

Re: Glands - 08/14/20 02:41 PM

And my Dad is giving me a freezer for my trapping stuff, so thats good.
Posted By: Outdoors Guy

Re: Glands - 08/14/20 03:11 PM

I vacuum seal mine which keeps them very well and no smell, small investment for a happy home haha. Freezing will not hurt the glands at all the smell will still be there.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Glands - 08/15/20 04:48 AM

A freezer is my friend, they will be just fine.
I jar them 3/4 full, and double bag and keeps freezer burn away.
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Glands - 08/20/20 05:26 PM

Remember to get them out,after season and get your glands and bait ground, before the flies come out.This will also let the glands age a few months before season comes in.I missed a few things and am waiting for cold weather,to grind.Good post season project.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums