Home

Fresh meat vs store bought

Posted By: Mnmatt88

Fresh meat vs store bought - 09/28/20 03:10 PM

I would like to know what peoples thoughts are on using fresh bait (animals you've harvested and are using their meat/hides) versus using the store bought baits. I would also like to know what kind of animals youre using and how you use them (like what do you use along with the baits.. lures, scents, do you leave them plain).

I think it would be fun to do a fresh vs store bought kind of challenge using both the same sets at the same location with the 2 different baits.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Fresh meat vs store bought - 09/28/20 03:23 PM

In my case it is easy to sway the results, at every location that I have there is one best spot to put a trap . I’m not into experimenting enough to use what I think is a lesser bait in the best location . If I had more coyotes in an area I might but knowing that it’s apt to be ten days or more before the next visit I tend to use what I think is the best ( fresh ) bait in the best spot . That being said I don’t typically use multiple smells at each set , but my sets are not far apart, ten feet to twenty yards . With each one having a different smell .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums