Home

Quail eggs

Posted By: Tooleysgamecalls

Quail eggs - 09/29/20 01:35 PM

I was wondering if anyone could give me any recipes using quail eggs. I’m getting about 6 dozen eggs a day and thought they might be useful in some bait or lure. I target cats mainly but also set for coon, fox,dogs, otter and beaver.
Posted By: KeeperOfTheCoons

Re: Quail eggs - 09/29/20 09:12 PM

One time, I was bored so I cracked 8-10 chicken eggs in a jar and stirred them for a couple of days while they rested in a cool dry part of the house. Well, I forgot about it after the third day and left it for 3 or 4 weeks and when I came back it turned into a yellowish, strange smelling, eggy paste. I don't think it needed a preservative it cured itself. One day I put it outside and I found just the jar after a day or so. It seems like a really neat base but I would be careful of how much of it you use as a base since skunks are real big into spoiled eggs and so are possums, but ive heard from a few sources eggs are a common ingredient in canine lures. In my coon and canine baits or really any carnivore bait I make I like to throw in a hard boiled egg yolk since it thickens it and it makes for a great scent additive. Egg shells are a great visual attractant and they throw off a little smell, but birds will often tear apart the shells and they will dissipate over time.
Posted By: Tooleysgamecalls

Re: Quail eggs - 09/30/20 02:48 AM

Thanks keeperofthecoons.
Posted By: KeeperOfTheCoons

Re: Quail eggs - 10/02/20 02:11 AM

Your welcome, I have some experience but im still a little bit of a beginner at trapping, but when I can I try to help out others who are learning based off of my knowledge and experience.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums