Home

Predator Bait Base

Posted By: MySide 🦝

Predator Bait Base - 07/10/21 11:04 PM

Let it sit in the basement overnight then moved to the sun for a bit to taint.....
Just checked it and there are VERY small maggots crawling on the outside edge of the lid... not inside the container. There are a couple that got inside but only a couple.
I wiped the lip off and tried to get a couple maggots out, I put plastic rap over the container then put the lid on, hopefully this helps so I can taint it for another day or so.
It smells kind of sweet....... is that a good thing?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Predator Bait Base - 07/10/21 11:06 PM

Freeze it for a few days then bag it up and fold then tie the opening well.
Posted By: trappergbus

Re: Predator Bait Base - 07/28/21 10:22 PM

The sweeter the better, do yourself a favor and add raw honey. Dark caro works well too
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Predator Bait Base - 07/29/21 12:51 PM

Good advice on the maggots and the sweets ....predators love sweets. I am NOT a bait/ lure maker but I do like to play around. I add a bit of dark cane sugar to my baits and the predators love it.
Posted By: 080808

Re: Predator Bait Base - 07/29/21 01:54 PM

I make maple syrup and have a gallon or so at the end I wouldn’t use myself so I won’t sell it. I’m thinking mice and ground beaver and a bait solution. Per each gallon adding a cup of sludge syrup. Too much or too little? btw the syrup still smells ok.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Predator Bait Base - 07/29/21 07:23 PM

I’m thinking the syrup would have great potential as a gray fox and raccoon bait....dps
© 2024 Trapperman Forums