Home

Mink gland tincture

Posted By: Aaron.F

Mink gland tincture - 10/03/22 04:17 PM

I am wanting to make a quick and easy squirtable mink lure. I am looking to add a hint of mink musk and am curious what might work best to tincture mink glands. It is salmon oil based with a few other ingredients that I wish to add the mink musk tincture to. I typically use diethyl phthalate or 100 proof vodka for other tinctures. Thank you for the advice.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Mink gland tincture - 10/03/22 05:17 PM

I'd use DP but it's not a fast tincture if you want to get maximum strength out of it. But it holds the odor ok. That's my 2 cents.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Mink gland tincture - 10/08/22 08:57 PM

Quick tincture? I'm not sure there's a way to rush it. Try using twice as much gland as usual or half as much DP or alcohol
Posted By: Aaron.F

Re: Mink gland tincture - 10/12/22 04:09 PM

I am not necessarily looking at a quick tincture, just looking at making a squirtable lure that is quick and easy. I will most likely give it a try with 100 proof vodka as that is what I have most of. I have a couple of pints of mink glands, so I will probably take a pint of glands and put in a quart container and fill with vodka. Shake the jar every day and see what happens in a month. Thank you for the advice.

Aaron
© 2024 Trapperman Forums