Home

Bladder Urine?

Posted By: wormbobskey

Bladder Urine? - 10/26/22 04:51 PM

I've been told fresh bladder urine is the best you can get. What's the most efficient way to remove it from the dead coyote? Appreciate any information you can give.
Posted By: Mark McCary

Re: Bladder Urine? - 10/26/22 05:33 PM

With coyote hanging head down. I use a Wide Mouth plastic jar. Place the bottom half of bladder in the jar and slice open with a long thin knife! I use plastic because urine & glands go in the same jar and are frozen until grinding. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Bladder Urine? - 10/26/22 08:46 PM

I like to collect it from frozen carcasses.
Less chance of contamination.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Bladder Urine? - 10/26/22 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I like to collect it from frozen carcasses.
Less chance of contamination.

What are u going to contaminate it with. U cut the muscle open pull the bladder outside the cavity put it in wide mouth jar or funnel and poke a hole in it. Lot easier getting it out unfozen than trying to remove a bladder that's frozen in the cavity.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Bladder Urine? - 10/26/22 11:04 PM

Not for me.
Just chop it open and take out the ice cubes.
Posted By: MattLA

Re: Bladder Urine? - 10/29/22 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Not for me.
Just chop it open and take out the ice cubes.

Well atleast we know where the contamination comes from, his mouth! Ill second the wide mouth mason jar method.
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Bladder Urine? - 11/01/22 01:35 PM

Appreciate the information.
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Bladder Urine? - 11/01/22 09:48 PM

I find it easiest to just cut the whole bladder out and throw it in a funnel over the collection container. Empty bladder goes in the gland bucket.

Don’t get much for full bladders in trapped coyotes though. Gotta be shot, and some snared ones.
Posted By: Cope23

Re: Bladder Urine? - 01/23/23 08:41 PM

What’s the best way to preserve bladder urine for future lure formulation use? I have some frozen and Im not quite sure if freezing is the beat method. Glycerine maybe?
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: Bladder Urine? - 01/23/23 08:47 PM

Glycerin is not a preservative.
Posted By: Cope23

Re: Bladder Urine? - 01/23/23 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lazarus
Glycerin is not a preservative.

Frozen it is then.
Posted By: Keystonekiller

Re: Bladder Urine? - 02/13/23 06:41 PM

I have bladder urine from all kinds of critters haha just sitting in the jars up on the shelf with the rest of the lures an stuff
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Bladder Urine? - 02/15/23 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cope23
What’s the best way to preserve bladder urine for future lure formulation use? I have some frozen and Im not quite sure if freezing is the beat method. Glycerine maybe?

Unless it’s contaminated, it needs no preservation.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums