Home

Lobster oil attraction

Posted By: kytrapper

Lobster oil attraction - 11/26/22 12:45 PM

Advertised as a mink,coon,otter attraction. Anyone like it on the water or tried it on land?
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Lobster oil attraction - 11/27/22 07:23 PM

Loved this and crawdad oil on coon.Funny thing,I saw where coon sets lured with either of these oils were ignored by otter.Maybe it was just circumstances,I thought they'd be otter killers.If coon prices rise these two oils would be at the top of my list
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: Lobster oil attraction - 11/28/22 06:49 PM

I was wondering if it may hold any coyote or cat attraction squirted in a dirt hole. Maybe one good way to find out.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Lobster oil attraction - 12/04/22 11:21 AM

Used a small bottle of Lobster Oil on the trapline a few years back. Was using it on my water line and like you I was curious...made a flat set and punched a hole in a grassy clump and pushed a piece of cotton in the bottom of the hole. Used the Lobster oil in the hole and proceeded to catch a possum, a skunk, two coons and a feral cat...without ever refreshing the hole. Yeah, I know the catch circle may have been the attraction but I could still smell the lobster oil down in the hole. I believe eventually a guy could catch a fox coyote and a bobcat with the stuff. When we had gray and red fox here, I remember catching fox with fish oil down the hole. It made me realize, I need to use more fish oil, crawdad oil and lobster oil on my predator lines! Good luck!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums