Home

Reliable ingrediants

Posted By: Furfool12

Reliable ingrediants - 03/13/23 11:26 PM

What suppliers do you guys choose for your lure and bait making oils,preserves, glands, extracts?
Posted By: Mark McCary

Re: Reliable ingrediants - 03/14/23 03:28 AM

Just my 2 cents! I think you will get better quality ingredients purchasing them from a dedicated lure & bait making business vs. a trapping supply dealer who sells them as a sideline?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Reliable ingrediants - 03/14/23 03:39 AM

I've bought from many different suppliers and now get all my oils from Bob Jameson and get most of my glands from Adam at Trapper Arts.
Posted By: ozark trapper ia

Re: Reliable ingrediants - 03/15/23 12:02 AM

Good advice.
Posted By: Furfool12

Re: Reliable ingrediants - 03/15/23 09:44 AM

Yes thank you guys, I’m looking to experiment with homemade baits and lures more in the future.
Posted By: Coon Duke

Re: Reliable ingrediants - 05/03/23 12:58 PM

Bob Jameson, Paul Dobbins, and Night Owl all have provided me with great ingredients in the past.

Work with someone who understands the ingredient and can help you use it.

For example, if your supplier cannot tell you if the ingredient is water or oil based…move along.
Posted By: Gayle08

Re: Reliable ingrediants - 06/20/23 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mark McCary
Just my 2 cents! I think you will get better quality ingredients purchasing them from a dedicated lure & bait making business vs. a trapping supply dealer who sells them as a sideline?

I’m new to trapping and everything but wanted to mess around as well with making my own lures and baits do you have any recommendations on dedicated lure & bait making businesses?
Posted By: Mark McCary

Re: Reliable ingrediants - 06/20/23 04:09 PM

Gayle08, These are some of the Lure maker's I have purchased ingredients from. Paul Dobbins, Bob Jameson, Grawes and Minnesota Trapline Products. Some good lure & bait makers do not sell many ingredients?
I believe Bob & Paul make most of there own ingredients, tinctures, oils & glands so they can control the consistency as much as possible.
Yes Sir, gave some good advice and others!
You are going to need a bigger room too hold all the buckets of bait and many jars of good smelling ingredients! lol
Posted By: Gayle08

Re: Reliable ingrediants - 06/20/23 06:40 PM

Thank you for responding sir I appreciate it
© 2024 Trapperman Forums