Home

New to digging

Posted By: Trappered10

New to digging - 05/13/12 03:11 AM

Hey guys I'm new to the root world could somebody help me out by posting some pics if cranesbill root always second guessing myself.any other roots would be appreciated
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: New to digging - 05/13/12 04:58 AM

here ya go

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthrea...tml#Post2603807

Re: New to digging - 05/13/12 05:00 AM

i've posted alot of pics of diffrent types of plants on this forum.......you'll prob have to go back several pages to find them.

Re: New to digging - 05/13/12 01:14 PM

Thanks fox Kidd

Re: New to digging - 05/14/12 01:07 PM

yqw.

i just noticed that you don't have your location listed.
thats a requrement here..........don't want ya gettin booted.

Re: New to digging - 05/16/12 03:39 AM

How do set one? Not good with computers

Re: New to digging - 05/16/12 03:42 AM

I figured it. Out..

Re: New to digging - 05/18/12 02:57 PM

hey guys is there any specific way to dry cranesbill? ive just been washing it in cold water and lettin it dry..is this right
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: New to digging - 05/18/12 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Trappered10
hey guys is there any specific way to dry cranesbill? ive just been washing it in cold water and lettin it dry..is this right

I put roots and herbs on screens to dry . Durring the day put them outside in the open air and don't let it rain on the roots and don't leave them outside all night long. The experts say the preferred way is to dry them in the shade, but I have sundried lots of roots and never had any problem with them.
I also have a nice wooden building that is 10 x16 ft that works well for drying roots etc. Put the stuff on screens and have it set up so if I do a lot I can layer my screens off of the walls and put fans on the product.
Another way is to dehydrate the roots. I have an old freezer that I put screen racks in and use light bulbs to help dehydrate the roots. I mostly use this on my ginseng.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums