Home

Plant and root guys...

Posted By: MChewk

Plant and root guys... - 05/20/16 07:02 PM

If you could who would take lessons from on Midwest ginseng, goldenseal and other edible saleable plants?
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/22/16 09:07 AM

mike, are you looking for someone to help you? I don't quite understand the question.

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/22/16 01:26 PM

Yes I am a rookie in the ginseng golden seal and valuable edible plant area....looking for recommendations for a good teacher
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/25/16 09:27 PM

I'm all ears also. I don't want to think I'm eating a Morel and find that after my dream of drinking from a giant vat of chocolate milk, my truck has no oil.

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/25/16 09:41 PM

Thought I'd get a few more bites...looking for a good teacher.
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/25/16 11:15 PM

I can help you on roots (ginseng, yellow root, black cohosh, blood root, etc.) but the only mushrooms I'm positive on are morels. We can find some other types of fungi and let you sample them to see if they are edible!! grin

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/26/16 10:38 PM

Gee thanks Randy! lol
Posted By: 4488

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/27/16 01:28 AM

I agree with CH. I know roots, just about everything that has value. My daughter Julie knows everything that can be eaten, but very little about roots, but we are teaching each other.Anyway, if you ever get to northern Indiana I would love to take a walk in the woods with you.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/27/16 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: MChewk
Gee thanks Randy! lol
If you get to Southern Indiana, stop and see me. I know a little about roots and herbs. Been digging them for 50 years and been buying them for 45 years, so I might be able to shed a little bit of light on the subject.
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/27/16 01:30 PM

I wouldn't mind helpin you out mike, but tryin to find time would be the issue for me.....seems i'm always too dang busy.

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/27/16 11:33 PM

Thank you for your offers....will be in contact.
I was also considering contacting Ron Cauble
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/28/16 05:19 AM

Is Ron still with us?

Re: Plant and root guys... - 05/28/16 05:15 PM

Yes as far as I know....read his latest column in the Furtaker mag.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums