Home

Bud Boda Lure business, recipes and all rights

Posted By: GregPaulman

Bud Boda Lure business, recipes and all rights - 09/15/21 01:04 PM

I am looking to sell all rights to make and sell Bud Boda's original Special Lures and the recipes as well as supplies, aged glands, stc. Priced very reasonable.

When I first looked at this line I did some trials where my brother who has many more years trapping than I and myself made sets in the same area. In every location the first animals caught were on the Bud Boda lures. Bud made his lures different than lures made today and because of that the odors are more mild and cause a huge amount of curiosity. This creates the desire for specially canines to want to put their nose right up close.

Back in the 1980s Bud was selling an average of 5,000 ounces a month to each of the major supply houses. I just never had the chance to really get things going and as busy as my gunsmith business is and due to some injuries which are keeping me from trapping, I don't see myself putting to use all the glands, etc I have been aging and I don't want to deprive the trapping community fo what may be some of the best lures ever formulated. Bud was key over the years in helping the likes of Johnny Thorpe develop lure lines and was a master at the trade. I have over $5,000 invested and a lot of time, I'll sell everything for $4,000 which will include Bud's original recipe book, notes from my discussions with Bud about how he got things ready, all legal rights to make, control and market the lure line as conveyed to me and thousands in glands, chemicals, and supplies.

PM me with interest.

Re: Bud Boda Lure business, recipes and all rights - 09/21/21 04:32 AM

Selling just what it says, Lure recipes, sole rights to market and make Bud Boda's Lures as conveyed to me, thousands of dollars in supplies, bases, glands, other lure products.
Looks like you are new here. I'll give you some additional info on the lure line.

Bud had a good line of lure, I'm listing the majority of them below. Sterling still has a supply they have been selling as Bud had been selling them a lot and the guy who bought the business from Bud continued to supply them. I had planned to make them with my brother but he moved back to MO in 2015 and his health has declined badly. With some promotion and some of the old timers who used the lures back in the 1990's and before when Bud was really active could give some good testimonials.

Bud never used any preservatives in his lures like everyone uses now, everything was aged to the point where it was no longer working. Him being in Southern NY things aged faster than they do for me up here so close to the Canadian border.

Here's a list of lures

Sierra-Coyote #1
Coon #1 (is a variation of Blue which was Bud's # lure, This is called a coon lure by Bud but it's great for everything)
Black Coon
Midnight Mink
Green
Blue (probably one of the top 10 lures ever developed by anyone in the trapping world)
B.B.S.
Gland Lure (Red)
EXP
Nitro

I have several gallons of bases originally made by Bud, if I had the time and still had it in me to go to trapping conventions or even just promote through the Facebook page I set up years ago I think I have enough supplies to make between $10k and $15k of lure. I have aged glands, meats and other items to make bases. I've had 4 knee surgeries and both shoulders have had surgeries and I think my serious trapping days are behind me. Not that I ever got as serious as I had dreams of.

Greg
802-777-7798

Re: Bud Boda Lure business, recipes and all rights - 10/06/21 02:44 AM

https://www.facebook.com/BudBodasOriginalSpecialLures
© 2024 Trapperman Forums