Home

thylacine?

Posted By: patrapperbuster

thylacine? - 11/12/20 04:10 AM

Anyone still see Thylacine?
Posted By: USMCArty

Re: thylacine? - 01/21/21 03:55 AM

That's what I'm talking about!!! If scientists feel the need to clone something make a bunch of those and set them loose!
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: thylacine? - 01/28/21 04:19 AM

I like Thylacines.

They have a preserved pup, Art. I Think they reckon they could raise the dna from it. (Long time since I read the piece) Seem to remember they had some compelling reason not to, at that point?

What I can't get my head round though? If they 'clone' a bunch of little Thylacines, out of that ones dna? Will they not all be very much siblings, or worse? Just visions of all these mean banjo playing Thylacines, sitting round in rocking chairs.

I just don't know how this stuff works.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: thylacine? - 03/03/21 01:52 AM

Over 99% of all living species that have been on this planet since the beginning of life have become extinct. This will be our fate eventually, unless God steps in.
The Thylacines seemed to have had a lifestyle similar to coyotes, but must have had a brain the size of an opossum without the wit to avoid extermination.
Posted By: Eddie43

Re: thylacine? - 03/03/21 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Over 99% of all living species that have been on this planet since the beginning of life have become extinct. This will be our fate eventually, unless God steps in.
The Thylacines seemed to have had a lifestyle similar to coyotes, but must have had a brain the size of an opossum without the wit to avoid extermination.

I think it would be unfair to say that the Thylacine's so called lack of intelligence caused its extinction. They were said to be a fairly intelligent predator, BUT were outcompeted by the Dingo, when it was introduced. Add to that, the negative impact from settlers. Australian/New Zealand ecosystem's are very delicate, with many species becoming extinct over a short period of time.
Posted By: NorthenTrapper

Re: thylacine? - 03/03/21 09:47 PM

I'm not so sure anyone would want a dog size possum running around.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: thylacine? - 03/15/21 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pest's Dad
I like Thylacines.

They have a preserved pup, Art. I Think they reckon they could raise the dna from it. (Long time since I read the piece) Seem to remember they had some compelling reason not to, at that point?

What I can't get my head round though? If they 'clone' a bunch of little Thylacines, out of that ones dna? Will they not all be very much siblings, or worse? Just visions of all these mean banjo playing Thylacines, sitting round in rocking chairs.

I just don't know how this stuff works.

They have been cloning various farm animals for some time. They should run with a thylacine program if parts are available
© 2024 Trapperman Forums