Home

Holy beavers

Posted By: Slick Tree

Holy beavers - 02/21/18 11:26 AM

No, this isn't a religious post. LOL. Out of 30 beavers this year almost everyone of them that's bigger than a toilet seat lid size look like someone threw a hand grenade in the house to kill them. They are chewed to pieces. At what point do you stop fleshing and toss the hide? Many are bit on the sides so the holes are close to the edge of the hide. Will the holes close to the edge get me docked? Should I sew up every hole or just stretch them and move on unless it's a big hole? Thanks for the info.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Holy beavers - 02/21/18 01:28 PM

Skin and freeze and sell them green. Not sure where you are in TN but Groenewold will buy them green frozen and the damage does not hurt the value for the hatter market. They will also buy them finished but only a couple more dollars each. They have expanded their routes in the south in recent years in areas where they can get a lot of beaver. If you have enough, it might be worth a call to see if you could meet them somewhere if their published stops are not convenient.

Here is a link to their fur routes by state: GFW Fur Routes

If you happen to be in East TN, they will be in Asheville, NC in late March.
Posted By: TrapperCarl78

Re: Holy beavers - 02/23/18 06:48 PM

The beaver here are very tore up right now. I'm done messing with them till next year.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums