Home

Herron Outdoors skinning machine

Posted By: Desertambition

Herron Outdoors skinning machine - 04/08/18 05:51 AM

I was wondering if anyone has purchased Herron Outdoors’ skinning machine? Was it worth the money? It is concerning to me that there is no contact information on their webpage. Can it handle the weight of a mule deer? Any information is appreciated.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Herron Outdoors skinning machine - 04/21/18 10:23 PM

I've got one and is a good product. The only thing I didn't like right out of the gate was the stupid buttons for fastening, I quickly put my clamps on it and never looked back. I just skin fubearers with mine, and is fast on a yote, so can't give you any info on skinning deer with it. Been satisfied with mine!
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Herron Outdoors skinning machine - 05/07/18 12:27 AM

I have their buttons and like Lee, went back to my clamps.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Herron Outdoors skinning machine - 05/07/18 02:26 AM

You guys bought ready made skinners. Lee I'm ashamed of you. LOL

I have those clips but never tried them. Probably work ok on deer type hides. A cable slip noose for me.

Hey John what rank are you? I was ready a book the other day and your last name was mentioned. Your last name was mentioned In context with the words Rock Star. LOL
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Herron Outdoors skinning machine - 06/10/18 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
You guys bought ready made skinners. Lee I'm ashamed of you. LOL

I have those clips but never tried them. Probably work ok on deer type hides. A cable slip noose for me.

Hey John what rank are you? I was ready a book the other day and your last name was mentioned. Your last name was mentioned In context with the words Rock Star. LOL

I had more money than time when I bought that machine! I was tired of using the homade machine that I had built back in the late seventies. It is fast, and if you hook up wrong, you will be sewing awhile!

John is a rock star.....or something like that! grin
Posted By: 080808

Re: Herron Outdoors skinning machine - 06/11/18 08:31 PM

Wake up!!! Every Marine is a rock star.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Herron Outdoors skinning machine - 07/08/18 02:36 AM

2nd that 080808. Plus every man and woman in the forces!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums