Home

Snare damage.

Posted By: Boco

Snare damage. - 12/18/18 08:33 PM

Here is a fisher that was caught as an incidental in a snare last year.Here is a pic of it in the snare,dried on the board,and back after tanning.
Although it looked OK after drying I knew it would grade damaged,as any defects are magnified after dressing and the graders know this.
I have a use for this fisher,as there is a lot of useable fur on the pelt beyond the dmg at the neck.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You can see the dmg at the neck on the female skin on the left.The skin on the right is a male fisher.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Snare damage. - 12/18/18 10:20 PM

As to snare damage.

I once caught a coon that was body caught In a snare and the snare was still on the coon.. I don't how long It had been on the coon. But when I went to skin It the hide tore right at the snare mark.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Snare damage. - 12/19/18 12:44 AM

There was no damage on the leather,just the fur from him fighting the snare.Hate to catch fishers as incidentals in snares.Had a box close by but I guess he came in from the wrong direction and didn't make it to the box.If I remember correctly he was twisted up in two snares around his neck,but they sure fight unlike a fox or cat.Tough Animal.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums