Home

Pressure Washing Hides?

Posted By: lonewolf308

Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/06/19 11:08 AM

Saw a video on FB and I guy was pressure washing (fleshing) a coon hide. It looked pretty neat and fast what are your opinions on it? I asked the guy did it affect the fur or damage the hide but no answer. Not saying it's a go to method but I'll admit it looked pretty cool and painless.
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/06/19 11:56 AM

Sounds like a messy proposition to me...
Posted By: Dfabs

Re: Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/06/19 11:58 AM

You’re gonna get answers on both sides of the rainbow for this one. I would just get hold of Lee Steinmeyer and get yourself a good fleshing knife and learn how to do them like all your other fur.
If you do try it, make sure you make us a video.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/06/19 06:39 PM

It may look cool and painless but what the cleanup afterwards?? Might take awhile.

Re: Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/06/19 07:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhTddL4aGhU#action=share
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/06/19 09:48 PM

Well I can't see me standing out In the drive way In Dec power washing coon skins. Because I'm sure not going to be doing It In my shop LOL
Posted By: Boco

Re: Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/06/19 10:00 PM

I seen a few beaver that had been pressure washer fleshed with the oscillating nozzle.One Guy from our council did some just to try it.he said it was messy,but thedry pelts looked very nice-almost as good as frostscraped for smoothness.
Posted By: scheide

Re: Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/07/19 01:16 AM

Petska in NE has been power washing coon skins for a long time. They have one room designated just for that for obvious reasons. He did comment to me one time that some of his buyers didn't like that it took too much of the grease out of the skin.

Re: Pressure Washing Hides? - 04/07/19 11:10 AM

Kind'a threw this out there to see the comments and opinions, thanks for both! I have to flesh outside anyway so that wouldn't be an issue but I can definitely see it stripping all grease out of the hide. Something to chew on if I ever get so bogged down with hides I can't flesh then all...lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums