Home

Nuisance beaver

Posted By: AJE

Nuisance beaver - 05/08/19 03:51 PM

I have to make some sets this weekend for a farmer that is having trouble with dams flooding his field. Is such non prime fur worth skinning?
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Nuisance beaver - 05/08/19 05:55 PM

Skin em they won't bring much but they have some value.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Nuisance beaver - 05/09/19 12:56 AM

At this time of year you could still get the odd one with a good pelt .Skin those.Dont forget to pull out the castors too.

Re: Nuisance beaver - 05/09/19 03:13 AM

I was thinking I should save & sell the castor, too, Boco. I'll have to research how to collect & store castor.

The tails I think I'll save for sale at a later date. I suppose the tails I can/should just toss in the freezer in a plastic bag.

Re: Nuisance beaver - 05/11/19 10:15 PM

Got the 1st one. It looks to be surprisingly nice...not real big though.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Nuisance beaver - 05/12/19 01:02 AM

These are all going to be hatter beaver. $8.00 to $10.00 at most depending on size. And pretty soon they are going to start shedding and then It's all down hill.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Nuisance beaver - 05/15/19 02:50 AM

AJE,
4591 posts and you dont know what to do with a beaver? Which posts have you been reading/replying to??lol

Re: Nuisance beaver - 05/15/19 03:14 AM

I posted on here this winter about how I've primarily sold round/carcass method in the past. I'm working on expanding into more in depth fur handling. Also, I'm expanding more into nuisance trapping, and am increasingly interested in maximizing use of the resource. I didn't start out water trapping but now seem to prefer it over land trapping.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums