Home

Flat skinning muskrats

Posted By: k snow

Flat skinning muskrats - 07/17/19 01:55 PM

I've seen pictures of muskrat put up similar to beaver, in the round. I'm curious if anyone has a video or other tutorial out there that shows how to do this. Or is the process just like skinning a beaver?
I'd like to put up a few this way this season, I think they'd look nice hooped up like miniature beavers.

Thanks
Posted By: Boco

Re: Flat skinning muskrats - 07/17/19 06:46 PM

If you skin them like a beaver,you wont be able to stretch them sufficiently unless you cut out the back leg holes.The skin will be tight around the perimeter and very slack in the back.
It is not an issue with beaver because of the wide tail base.
You can cut out the legholes,pin out round or oval,and trim off the tags around the legs.
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Flat skinning muskrats - 07/18/19 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by k snow
I've seen pictures of muskrat put up similar to beaver, in the round. I'm curious if anyone has a video or other tutorial out there that shows how to do this. Or is the process just like skinning a beaver?
I'd like to put up a few this way this season, I think they'd look nice hooped up like miniature beavers.

Thanks

Where's muskrat when you need his input?
Posted By: AJE

Re: Flat skinning muskrats - 07/18/19 05:13 PM

That would be cool to have/see a hooped muskrat.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Flat skinning muskrats - 07/18/19 05:37 PM

Go to Muskrats web page. He has several hooped flat muskrats for sale. Here is a link -

https://www.riverinefurtraders.com/hooped%20fur/index_hooped_fur_gallery.html

They are very cool looking and don't take up much space. A LOT smaller than a hooped blanket beaver. LOL
Posted By: AJE

Re: Flat skinning muskrats - 07/19/19 02:35 AM

Thanks for sharing. Neat.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums