Home

Groeny back cut beaver?

Posted By: thedude055

Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/05/21 05:06 PM

I am interested if anyone from the Northern states that Guy mentions in his posts about buying back cut beaver have sold anything yet and what that value might be. Interested in the process a bit. Seems a lot of folks are thinking outside the box with Beaver these days trying to create or increase value and I am trying to pick up on it. I am not in the prime area he is looking for and don't really have a good way to sell to him but I am trying to make the best of what i have here as well.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/05/21 05:35 PM

Call him at 815-938-2381.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/13/21 02:28 AM

Does anybody have any pictures of any yet
Posted By: AJE

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/13/21 04:17 AM

Maybe someone will do a You Tube video
Posted By: Squash

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/15/21 03:36 PM

Groeny did a YouTube video of it. I would not do this until other fur buyers want it cut this way as well. Otherwise you have only Groney to sell to.

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/15/21 04:39 PM

If your not selling to groney the whole dorsal skinning thing Is mote point.

But In most cases your only getting hatter prices for your beaver and either a dorasl cut or a belly cut Isn't going to make any difference In price.
So If your not selling to groney I guess you should do It the regular way. And It's harder to skin and flesh when dorsal skinning a beaver.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/15/21 06:16 PM

I was mostly asking to learn about the different market and to see if it was an isolated market or something that could be developing. He is not interested in our beaver out here for that contract he has. Mostly just trying to learn as much as i can as the market for Beavers is either Hatter or something else.

For example I get as much for a case skinned Kit beaver here as i do a near blanket hide. Just a small regional market but $15 for kit beaver cased and boarded fur out is ok by me.

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/15/21 07:38 PM

So far It's market that hasn't been developed yet. Maybe some time down the road It will catch on.
I have a market other then groney and he want's the beaver either case skinned or dorsal skinned. He wants to be able to use that belly fur with out having to sew It back together to get a usable piece of fur.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/15/21 10:53 PM

Groney is trying to develop a market by keeping the belly fur intact. They have a manufacturer interested and IF it works out, it could add some value to the beaver market for something other than hatters. Nobody is being forced to be part of the market development process.
Posted By: cattails

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/27/21 09:59 PM

I called GFW today for my own clarification. Their attempt at developing this market is for heavy northern beaver that can be sheared. They are only interested in beaver from certain states, ( which is why they want you to call first). At this time.....there is no advantage to dorsal cutting beaver in other states, as they will be sold into the hatter market

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/28/21 03:33 PM

I also asked one of his route men about It. And they weren't even interested In some one with 2 or 3 hides they were looking for trappers with large amounts. In the long run I don't see this doing most of us any good.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/28/21 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by cattails

I called GFW today for my own clarification. Their attempt at developing this market is for heavy northern beaver that can be sheared. They are only interested in beaver from certain states, ( which is why they want you to call first). At this time.....there is no advantage to dorsal cutting beaver in other states, as they will be sold into the hatter market

Who is going to ruin an already valuable beaver pelt by doing that?

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/28/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by cattails

Who is going to ruin an already valuable beaver pelt by doing that?

I agree with that.....I thought the Dorsal cut thing was to use up lower grade pelts. Not sure where this is headed

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/29/21 05:41 AM

Boco there Is no such thing as a valuable beaver. How many lower 48 beaver average more then $12.00.

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/29/21 01:29 PM

At least Groeny took our idea and ran with it. That's a start. Next likely scenario........When China see's how much money the furrier is making on these high end pelts......they'll make a cheap knock-off product.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/29/21 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Boco there Is no such thing as a valuable beaver. How many lower 48 beaver average more then $12.00.

There sure are here,good big heavy ones still go for around $40.(those are the ones he wants hacked up)?
I still ship some of those to pay my tanning bill for the rest.

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 01/29/21 07:44 PM

Well Boco you don't have to sell him any.

He just wants winter caught beaver. You will never get $40.00 for young of the year and 2 year olds.And you have to consider any damage to those blankets that will bring the price down to $15.00.

So just grade out the blankets that have no damage and ship them to FHA. And sell the rest to groney.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Groeny back cut beaver? - 02/02/21 01:34 AM

I'm pretty sure boco will tan those damaged blankets and make hats and mitts. Those damaged beaver will be worth more than the perfect ones he ships to FHA.

Funny how this all works! The bad hides are worth more than the good ones. crazy
© 2024 Trapperman Forums