Home

BBQ............. Muskrat

Posted By: gutpile

BBQ............. Muskrat - 08/06/09 03:01 PM

Try quartering rats and marinate in your favorite BBQ sauce. I have a vacuum marinating bowl which is great for getting marinade into the meat. You can also use a marinating syringe/needle. Then place over coals high enoung to slow cook like chicken.
Posted By: WranglerSK

Re: BBQ............. Muskrat - 01/15/11 10:17 PM

hey gutpile,
what about glands and things like that...? I'm wanting to try skrat, just never had the courage to give it a go...
Thanks!
Posted By: 12G Slug

Re: BBQ............. Muskrat - 12/07/11 12:40 AM

i hear its real good in anything squirrel stew or soup, just sub out for rats
Posted By: 12G Slug

Re: BBQ............. Muskrat - 12/07/11 12:40 AM

ill also try when i get the balls....lol
Posted By: 208trapper

Re: BBQ............. Muskrat - 12/11/11 07:43 PM

does it matter what kind of water they are coming from?
Posted By: coydog2

Re: BBQ............. Muskrat - 05/25/12 12:01 AM

I see what you all wrote on here and I have ate it was good and I make sure it is out of clean water.You do remove the glands and fat that there is alot of .
Posted By: deltaflyman

Re: BBQ............. Muskrat - 03/12/15 05:58 AM

They are the best tasting just plainly boiled for a couple hrs. The fat makes them even tastier. just add salt.
Posted By: Caribou

Re: BBQ............. Muskrat - 07/18/17 10:12 AM

We let them firm up, all rigor mortise and all then relax, so they usually hang a couple days before we cook with them.
I like them baked, with the tails crunchy, my wife likes them boiled, my kids roast them laugh

Just depends on who's cookin' when were muskrattin'.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: BBQ............. Muskrat - 06/10/19 01:31 AM

I bbqed 10 about a week ago I was surprised at how sweet the meat tastes! Fresh squeezed lemon adds a nice touch to them I wrapped them in foil with apples and lemons and terriaki sauce, and Cajun seasoning let then cook slow till they just would stay in one piece then removed the foil and bbqed them good. Its worth the effort to clean them for tablefare
© 2024 Trapperman Forums