Home

Beaver and noodles

Posted By: Joe Matthews

Beaver and noodles - 09/29/12 12:17 AM

I'm new to trapping beaver but not new to cooking. With my recent influx of beaver meat and a surplus of peppers I decided to tweek a basque recipe and substitute beaver for lamb.

I diced the beaver meat up and drenched the cubes in some flower seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

In a heavy pot it poured some olive oil and put some green onion and minced garlic and brought it to heat then added the beaver to brown. Once it was nice and brown I added fresh pepper, onion and mushrooms and cooked them till things began to stick then I added some scuppanong wine which made a nice gravy.

End result looked like this.

Dumped on top of some noodles and it turned out to be a terrific dish I will make again.

Served with some beaver stew and some home cured bacon and other fruits of the land made for a terrific supper. I might add, I also invited two deputies who I knew had been wanting to try beaver and they liked the meal so much they voluntarily gave me a "get out of jail free" card. Don't know if I'll ever need it but you never know.

Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Beaver and noodles - 09/29/12 01:59 PM

That does look tasty.
Posted By: Oddball

Re: Beaver and noodles - 10/24/13 05:36 PM

Well, I'm officially hungry as all [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] now, thanks to you! That looks like an awesome meal!
Posted By: urban redneck

Re: Beaver and noodles - 11/23/13 02:27 AM

If I send u my beaver, will u ship it back to me looking just like that?? Lol!
Posted By: Logan04

Re: Beaver and noodles - 12/25/14 03:22 AM

I tried out that dish and it was amazing!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums