Home

Best Pressure Canner ??

Posted By: Anonymous

Best Pressure Canner ?? - 11/06/12 08:37 PM

I need suggestion on the best pressure canner to purchase based on the experience of folks that actually can meat, vegetables. Thanks alot.
Posted By: bic

Re: Best Pressure Canner ?? - 11/06/12 09:23 PM

I have a Mirror brand that I have used for years. I can sauces and Venison, The one I have will do 7 quarts of 9 pints. They make a taller one that will do 2 stacks of pints. mine will not.
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Best Pressure Canner ?? - 11/06/12 10:06 PM

Have a Presto 23qt. pressure canner/cooker.
Posted By: jdg87

Re: Best Pressure Canner ?? - 11/12/12 10:17 PM

All American
Posted By: Scully

Re: Best Pressure Canner ?? - 01/28/13 11:36 PM

I have a presto 23 quart. I bought it because of the price and availability ($75 on sale at orchard supply). I bought it in August for albacore tuna season. i had never canned anything before.I canned almost 200 half pints of tuna, 24 half pints of venison, 24 half pints of sardines & herring. It was very simple and the finished product was amazing. I hate store bought canned tuna. I canned tuna with rosemary & garlic, lightly smoked , sriracha chili sauce & garlic and plain. It was a huge mistake sharing it with my friends and family. We only have about a dozen jars of plain tuna left. I think someone broke into my house and stole all of my chili garlic tuna.
My fishing buddies and I all got together to can a bunch of tuna. They had "all American" brand canners. We all agreed that my canner worked just as good for 1/4 of the price. The "all American" is a heavy duty canner that could take alot of abuse. The presto is great for the sportsman / gardener that would rather spend money on traps and ammo than kitchen stuff.
Posted By: trx680

Re: Best Pressure Canner ?? - 02/12/13 12:00 AM

About 20 years ago I witnessed a cheaper pressure cooker blow its lid. Thankfully no one was nearby when it happened. I was always leery of them after that.

Last year when I decided to buy a cooker/canner I decided on the All American. I dont see the lid blowing off of one of them.

Take a look http://www.allamericancooker.com/allamericanpressurecooker.htm

And its made in the U.S.A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: SnareLine

Re: Best Pressure Canner ?? - 04/23/14 07:44 PM

Another vote for All American
Posted By: bmoreitis13

Re: Best Pressure Canner ?? - 06/06/14 11:43 PM

The best pressure canner is the All american 941 , which I just so happen to have one for sale grin ...... really
Posted By: charles

Re: Best Pressure Canner ?? - 01/14/23 03:31 AM

Presto will do anything the others do. Replace the gasket every five years. I can lots of fresh tuna as well as veggies.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums