Home

My First Trap Line

Posted By: Snyderbwh

My First Trap Line - 01/14/22 01:32 AM

I can remember when i was around 12 or 13 just getting started in trapping, I trapped for muskrat, coon and pretty much what ever i could catch. One morning I'll never forget, it was Christmas day and I set out to check my trap line. It was cold, and I wasn't having much luck until I got to my last set and a skunk was waiting for me. Being young and dumb and to young to carry a gun I had to figure out how I was going to dispatch this critter I attempted to hit it with a wooden handle I had, and paid the penalty of being sprayed in my face. Into the creek i went to wash my face off, someone finally came around and shot the skunk for me but none the less it was a lesson learned the hard way.
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: My First Trap Line - 01/17/22 12:02 AM

I must have been 16 just got my drivers license.My buddy got a skunk in his trap.He tried to hit it with a yoho and hit the trap instead.Face full of yellow.I must of had a heck of an arm back then I took an ear of corn and beaned that sucker square in the head and killed it.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: My First Trap Line - 07/30/22 10:29 PM

Good skunk stories, lol.
Posted By: Snyderbwh

Re: My First Trap Line - 08/01/22 11:30 PM

Quite the smelly situation, especially on Christmas day. Thats one day I'll never forget. Lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums