No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: Michael Lippold] #6471234
02/23/19 06:47 PM
02/23/19 06:47 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
It's very true, no inheritance, and I pre-date the coming of Ramsey, so we will just have to agree to disagree on him Bernie, no disrespect.

Member - FTA
Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: Michael Lippold] #6471271
02/23/19 07:30 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Oddly heated thread SMH

Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #6471272
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Obviously he wizzed in your kool-aid at one time. I listen to him intermittently for entertainment and to learn one of two things from the stories and situations. To berate the guy for making money from charging a nominal fee for guidance and motivation to help thousands of people start heading down the road you have been traveling I can't see the real reason for disdain. At one time someone in your life must have taught you a little bit about life and financial management seeing as you are in such a wonderful situation.......for so many people out there who have never had this kind of guidance (or in some cases folks who have ignored this guidance from others for so long and are finally coming to their senses) he is their teacher. He could be long retired and counting his money, but I think a part of him truly cares and enjoys helping others. Like him or not, I think what he is doing and preaching is doing WAY WAY WAY more good than harm for all of us. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: ScottW] #6471337
02/23/19 08:33 PM
02/23/19 08:33 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by ScottW
Obviously he wizzed in your kool-aid at one time. I listen to him intermittently for entertainment and to learn one of two things from the stories and situations. To berate the guy for making money from charging a nominal fee for guidance and motivation to help thousands of people start heading down the road you have been traveling I can't see the real reason for disdain. At one time someone in your life must have taught you a little bit about life and financial management seeing as you are in such a wonderful situation.......for so many people out there who have never had this kind of guidance (or in some cases folks who have ignored this guidance from others for so long and are finally coming to their senses) he is their teacher. He could be long retired and counting his money, but I think a part of him truly cares and enjoys helping others. Like him or not, I think what he is doing and preaching is doing WAY WAY WAY more good than harm for all of us. Happy trapping! ScottW

Right on Scott W.

Scott B.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: Michael Lippold] #6471416
02/23/19 09:25 PM
02/23/19 09:25 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
trapper

Kentucky
Hey Fella's, If you go back and read my posts you will see I don't begrudge Ramsey for making money, and I will state right here, I don't begrudge anyone making money.... The ideas he peddles aren't original to him...If your okay with giving him money, knock yourselves out, it's no skin off me.

The reason for my disdain for him were also pointed out in previous posts, arrogance, chummy with power bankers, stock market movers and shakers, and a over indulgent lifestyle which indicates a lot of high opinion of oneself to me.

Now what you guys can't handle is me calling him a con, which he is, and pointing out you can get the job done without him, which you can, just like I did....Ramsey just takes advantage of minds and wills weaker than his own, and profits from peoples lack of planning and intestinal fortitude.

But it's easier to pile on than acknowledge anything but his contrived con, and say how can you berrate him, your not a capitalist, yada, yada ...Lol.

You guys have drank the kool-aid.

Member - FTA
Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: Michael Lippold] #6471419
02/23/19 09:30 PM
02/23/19 09:30 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: Michael Lippold] #6471428
02/23/19 09:39 PM
02/23/19 09:39 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
trapper

Kentucky
Enlighten me SniperBBB

Member - FTA
Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #6471485
02/23/19 10:14 PM
02/23/19 10:14 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Hey Fella's, If you go back and read my posts you will see I don't begrudge Ramsey for making money, and I will state right here, I don't begrudge anyone making money.... The ideas he peddles aren't original to himTRUE, as he states that on his show all the time so I don't think anyone would argue that. ...If your okay with giving him money, knock yourselves out, it's no skin off me. I have personally never given him a penny but do plan to buy one of his books in the near future.

The reason for my disdain for him were also pointed out in previous posts, arrogance I know a lot of people personally that can be arrogant at times and still get along with. They are good people. I also know some completely arrogant folks who are schmucks. I don't know him as a real person, can't say what he is. , chummy with power bankers Not illegal, probably some decent "power bankers" out there., stock market movers and shakers, and a over indulgent lifestyle I guess you have the right to dislike this. If I had/made as much money as him I would probably indulge in a LOT more than I do currently. which indicates a lot of high opinion of oneself to me.

Now what you guys can't handle is me calling him a conIf you call someone capitalizing on a common sense principle that works as they say it will con, I guess you're right. I don't believe he is a con as his methods he promotes/sells work as he says, which he is, and pointing out you can get the job done without him, which you canI could wire my own house all willy nilly from the seat of my pants, but.....I'm not an expert at that so I bought a book...aka, got conned!, just like I did....Ramsey just takes advantage of minds and wills weaker than his own, and profits from peoples lack of planning and intestinal fortitude. Maybe true, but I believe in the end most of these folks and their minds are eons ahead.

But it's easier to pile on than acknowledge anything but his contrived con, and say how can you berrate himBerate him all you want, as you said, no skin off my back either! I just think if you put him on the list of cons, bad people, and liars......he is way over on the side of being a good person compared to most, your not a capitalist, yada, yada ...Lol.

You guys have drank the kool-aid.From what you've said and explained I would drink your kool-aid just as much as I would drink Dave Ramsey's.....as long as nobody wizzed in it! :-)

I'll grant you, many people following his methods are touched in the head and it's hard to believe they made it out of preschool. I grew up being taught common sense and responsible money management which I feel lucky for. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: Michael Lippold] #6471497
02/23/19 10:21 PM
02/23/19 10:21 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
trapper

Kentucky
Lol, Scott I give you an A+ for effort, I'm honestly impressed!

Member - FTA
Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: Michael Lippold] #6471501
02/23/19 10:29 PM
02/23/19 10:29 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Thanks, I think we'll both sleep soundly tonight. That's the first A+ I've gotten since 8th grade, gonna have to put my belt around my head to keep it from getting too big!!! Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Dave Ramsey [Re: Michael Lippold] #6471535
02/23/19 11:06 PM
02/23/19 11:06 PM
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
trapper

Kentucky
Happy Trapping to you Scott!

Member - FTA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3