No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gas Powered "Well Pump" ???? [Re: Foxpaw] #6542361
05/22/19 08:56 PM
05/22/19 08:56 PM
S/W Mich.
Dillrod Offline OP
trapper
Dillrod  Offline OP
trapper

S/W Mich.
300' +

"Some Domestication Required "

Re: Gas Powered "Well Pump" ???? [Re: Dillrod] #6542366
05/22/19 09:05 PM
05/22/19 09:05 PM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
Well it's not quite that easy, how deep is your well then what size casing do you have ? All this will depend on what GPM Gallons Per Minute your well will produce will depend on what size and type of pump you should get. I've still got a 6" 250 GPM submersible pump that I hung on 2 1/2" galvanized steel pipe I set it in a 8" casing and it for the most part put water into 50 different homes.
On the other end of the spectrum I've also installed submersible pumps as small as 1/3 hp where generally the 1/2 hp is quite common then 15 GPM then there's jet pumps which is a better choice than a trash pump ever will be unless you have a endless cash flow to spend on something you really don't need.
Allan

Re: Gas Powered "Well Pump" ???? [Re: Dillrod] #6542376
05/22/19 09:17 PM
05/22/19 09:17 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
300 ft is a far peace. How about a little 1/2 hp pump about 350 watts and like a 2000 watt 12v inverter run off of a tractor or something. Those little pumps will really throw a stream and cost $35 on ebay and the inverter is probably $50 at walmart.com.

Would be nice if you could just borrow a pump to see how much well you have, then buy the stuff.

Re: Gas Powered "Well Pump" ???? [Re: Dillrod] #6542394
05/22/19 09:52 PM
05/22/19 09:52 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Dillrod you are the most optimistic person thinking you will have dry weather this summer. It rains here and then rains some more. I had 3 more inches the last 2 days. Virtually hardly any corn has been planted here.

If you had a 8'' hole you could drop one of those 1/5 hp sump pumps down it, I pumped hog water with them in freezing weather for several winters.

Another thing about those sand points is, I didn't want to pump sand thru my pump so I got a sand point and tried pumping thru it. I had so much suction ( i know lift ) that it sucked up so much sand against the screen the water couldn't get thru. I did away with the point and just sucked sand and all out. Didn't hurt the pump and made my well have more volume. That was after I set off 8 sticks of dynamite in the bottom of it. I put the dynamite in the bottom of the 8'' hole and packed 10' of dirt on it, used electric cap and blew dirt and casing all out, but did make a hole in bottom.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread