No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Great Great Grandpa's Rifle [Re: P Porcupine] #6671121
11/20/19 07:30 PM
11/20/19 07:30 PM
Michigans Copper Country
P
P Porcupine Offline OP
trapper
P Porcupine  Offline OP
trapper
P

Michigans Copper Country
Thank you all for the nice comments. we appreciate it.

Re: Great Great Grandpa's Rifle [Re: coonlove] #6671337
11/20/19 11:26 PM
11/20/19 11:26 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Online content
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Online Content
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by coonlove
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
that is cool .

don't you fellas have to wear 50% orange over there in MI or did he just take it off for the photo?

if the orange is camo,it has to be a t least 50% orange. Solid orange can be just a hat visible from all sides.

thanks , that seems so strange compared to WI but I am guessing you don't have the hunter density we do in WI. here a hat if worn must be orange and 50% of the upper body , they do allow florecent pink for the girls now but oddly not hiviz I did wear a hiviz cap for several years no warden ever stopped me everyone new it was me coming close to a mile away.
ground blinds on public land must have a 144 sq inch flag visible in all directions.

nice job, carry on and enjoy the hunt you fellas are about to start week two

I would almost prefer if every one in my party had a strip of hyviz on their sleeve I could pic them out from the other parties we some times run into.
I guess that is what a one week season does.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Great Great Grandpa's Rifle [Re: P Porcupine] #6671344
11/20/19 11:40 PM
11/20/19 11:40 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I believe our hunter density is more than yours.I believe only Pennsylvania sells more deer licenses

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Great Great Grandpa's Rifle [Re: P Porcupine] #6671364
11/21/19 12:09 AM
11/21/19 12:09 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Very cool story, as they say "a picture shows a thousand words"

These pictures have two stories , I'm not even sure the OP knows it , props if he does.

The first picture is what as known as a 'colored' photo. Made before actual modern type 'color film' came into vogue , they had different ways of making a color picture in the days of mostly black&white photography. Some b&w negatives were treated with dyes or different processes or prints even sometimes hand painted with dyes as they were drying. I have a vintage sepia photograph of my grandfather when he was young and racing horses for a living. The main color of the picture is sepia but him and other jockeys next to him in the photo all have their racing silks hand painted with very bright colors. Very neat picture.

There is a whole new story on the first picture, historic in it's own means as a cool piece of photography history plus it's a family heirloom. Doesn't get any better than that.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Great Great Grandpa's Rifle [Re: P Porcupine] #6671472
11/21/19 08:02 AM
11/21/19 08:02 AM
central ohio
madcotrappwr Offline
trapper
madcotrappwr  Offline
trapper

central ohio
That's pretty dang neat.

Will my toes ever warm up?