No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7030008
10/27/20 11:33 PM
10/27/20 11:33 PM
Nekoosa, WI
W
WiscoNate Offline
trapper
WiscoNate  Offline
trapper
W

Nekoosa, WI
Originally Posted by Mark June
WiscoNate,
I'd offer based on what I've learned and been studying that the nation of Israel has ALWAYS been universally disobedient to God. Always. From the time of the exodus, Moses would struggle with the grumblers all the time. The sins of Adam run deep. But, there remains a remnant, a stump of the tree, a promised Seed all throughout the OT to the time of the Christ. Gen:15 Seed of the woman (Adamic covenant) > Noah > Abraham > Isaac > Jacob (Israel) > David > Jesus as the major characters of the biblical narrative. There are others but these are the main "Seed of the woman" in the story. Israel is disobedient through the time of the Law, Judges, kings, prophets, and the actual Messiah of the Genesis 3:15 promise to them. But God knows all this and all is progressing toward the end times when Israel (not all) as a nation will repent, will return to God, will once be positioned over the other nations (as they were supposed to do from their holy -set apart - calling) in the return of Christ to usher in the New Zion upon Jerusalem and the reestablishment of the perfect garden on earth once again.

The end times tribulation, rapture, and millennial reign of Christ is fascinating debate and I won't get into that here, but we're all headed to Revelation chapters 20-22 as God gathers for that time.

I hope this short version I'm leaning more about from some really strong teachers answers your question at some level.

Blessings,
Mark

I tend to agree with most of what you've written, but will not take your time up discussing disagreements. Looks like you've got your hands full with James.

On another note, how much can your teachers bench? smile

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.
Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7030013
10/27/20 11:37 PM
10/27/20 11:37 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

grin Not much. Like me.
I am blessed to be taught by scholars who are incredibly humble. It's backwards from the secular universities where the dandy profs make sure you know who's dandy.

James and I play fine in the TMan sandbox. Jame's son is a follower and James is just trying to get his head around the facts and nothing but the facts.
Trouble is, the Christian faith is supra-logically. It's beyond logic.
Like trying to define and "prove" love.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7030017
10/27/20 11:43 PM
10/27/20 11:43 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
, the Christian faith is supra-logically. It's beyond logic.

Blessings,
Mark

If you are correct maybe there is a chance I'll have good company in Hades.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7030020
10/27/20 11:48 PM
10/27/20 11:48 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Our Lord has you reeling in DS. You're just yanking really hard on the 200 lb. test.
I still remember that living water scene. You may not realize the significance of that spot for years and years.
I know I had a whole trappers pack full of "eyes wide shut" moments along the trail.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: The religion of politics [Re: Pike River] #7030021
10/27/20 11:51 PM
10/27/20 11:51 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Online content
trapper
bblwi  Online Content
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I don't know or understand the tenets of other major religions but Christianity is a "guilt based religion" and that brings with it a certain perceived aspect or thought process that many may find uncomfortable or what they want to adhere to or know more about. Being saved and forgiven for one's sins should be a really uplifting feeling but it seems we concentrate more on guilt aspect and when we don't handle guilt well many other bothersome human characteristics and shortcomings come into play.

Bryce

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7030022
10/27/20 11:52 PM
10/27/20 11:52 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Our Lord has you reeling in DS. You're just yanking really hard on the 200 lb. test.

Blessings,
Mark

I'm 230lbs, makes sense why I broke off the 200lb test, always been a bit feisty.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7030063
10/28/20 03:40 AM
10/28/20 03:40 AM
Kenai AK
K
KenaiKid Offline
trapper
KenaiKid  Offline
trapper
K

Kenai AK
Mark, I don't know how you have time to keep up with all this on T-man and attend Seminary, but I'm glad you do!

James, there are many, many, resources available for biblical language study if one looks. Remember, we're only talking about a few thousand years ago. Many original, transcribed and supporting documents are still available, and thousands of people have devoted their lives to studying them. I have a local friend here who wrote a Syriac lexicon for his doctorate, and others who have done similar work with Aramaic and Hebrew. Of course there's no perfect understanding of a dead language, but we're also not just depending on the King James Greek-Latin-English as a standalone source.

Bob, if your intellect took you away from faith, then you're telling me you think a quart-sized clump of brain tissue with, what, 50 years of life experience is the highest authority on universal truth? Man, I like to think I'm pretty sharp too, but I ain't that sharp. And the smarter I think I am, the dumber it makes me.

Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Boco couldn't catch a cold.

But if he did, it would be Top Lot.
Re: The religion of politics [Re: bblwi] #7030180
10/28/20 08:12 AM
10/28/20 08:12 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by bblwi
I don't know or understand the tenets of other major religions but Christianity is a "guilt based religion" and that brings with it a certain perceived aspect or thought process that many may find uncomfortable or what they want to adhere to or know more about. Being saved and forgiven for one's sins should be a really uplifting feeling but it seems we concentrate more on guilt aspect and when we don't handle guilt well many other bothersome human characteristics and shortcomings come into play.

Bryce

Bryce.

We love you brother but the hermeneutical interpretation of the entire Holy Scripture is about God. His character. His redemptive plan for creation and His image bearers.

In my 2 years at DTS this far, guilt has not ever been a theme in anything we've discussed.
Not sure who your teacher of the Word was, but they were off the mark on the traditional doctrines of the Christian faith.
It's not about guilt?

Guilt waits by the door's threshold for all of us as we learn of God's Love and God's plan. That's on us. It's our nature since we have the DNA of the 1st pair who felt "shame" and hide from God in the original garden. They disobeyed and knew it = shame and guilt was introduced into this world.

Guilt is defined as anger turned inward. Same as depression and anxiety.

Just clarifying a bit.
Blessings,
Mark

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7030231
10/28/20 09:39 AM
10/28/20 09:39 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Interesting Mark. Pre Sin DNA

I have a firm belief in that

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: The religion of politics [Re: 330-Trapper] #7030272
10/28/20 10:26 AM
10/28/20 10:26 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Online content
trapper
bblwi  Online Content
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Guilt may not be what is taught or discussed at the seminary or seminaries but where the rubber meets the road for millions of Christians they are frequently if not constantly reminded of the sacrifice that was paid and you need to fess up or own up. Many that walk away from religion or churches are not walking away from God they are walking away from being preached to by people who often remind them they have not paid the price to be free of their sins. Many churches today are sieves and strainers and not open doors to a faith life.

Bryce

Re: The religion of politics [Re: ] #7030319
10/28/20 11:41 AM
10/28/20 11:41 AM
NC
T
Tailhunter Offline
trapper
Tailhunter  Offline
trapper
T

NC
Someone just emailed me a Twitter video, posted at TownHall.com that shows a young lady whose father is terminally ill. The young lady has penned a deck of file cards and is emotional about the fact her dad, who she calls a conservative Republican, voted for Biden... for his daughters before he dies.

I don't know how to post a Twitter video.

Dang, that's a video I wish I could unsee.
It's just crazy sad that anyone would place their hope and dreams, including their last moments with their dad, on a politic candidate, and then make a political ad about it.

Lord will you please help us,
Blessings,
Mark

Especially that worn out, pathetic, corrupt, lying excuse of a supposed leader.

It amazes me that we have so many uneducated people in this country. So many with their hands out and their minds turned off. Now thats the sad part.

Re: The religion of politics [Re: bblwi] #7030332
10/28/20 12:09 PM
10/28/20 12:09 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by bblwi
Guilt may not be what is taught or discussed at the seminary or seminaries but where the rubber meets the road for millions of Christians they are frequently if not constantly reminded of the sacrifice that was paid and you need to fess up or own up. Many that walk away from religion or churches are not walking away from God they are walking away from being preached to by people who often remind them they have not paid the price to be free of their sins. Many churches today are sieves and strainers and not open doors to a faith life.

Bryce

Is it any wonder culture has infiltrated everything in its wake? We are culture.
He.. fire teaching and preaching style of the early 1900's has eroded greatly. It really ramped up and was fueled by pastors and priests who watched many of their flock turn from God to all things science (coming upon us in this country starting in about 1830).

Church is not the invention of man. It is the mission of our Lord. To discount it as "oh well" is like so much of what we all do, elevating me = denigrates God by definition. It is no small matter as we're in the age of the Church post-canonical testaments, and 11 of the 12 disciples/Apostles died to start it. Billions today from those 11. That's a miracle in itself. No other explanation.

Don't like a church? Work biblically to change it then. Happens all the time. Needs to. We've got all sorts of aberrant churches claiming to be Christian but there's no gospel of Christ at their core?

There are many solid churches and there are many who may seek the things of humans too much, but we are the body and are suppose to be among the body. Us Protestants wandered of the theology res in my opinion with the theme "study your Bible" as if the mind overcomes the heart. The heart wins every time.
I'd recommend a church where the pastor, preacher has a heart bigger than his head. The only way to get there is by Divine intervention, so the pastor has been made new.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread