No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7204185
03/04/21 11:19 AM
03/04/21 11:19 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Considering that I trust the current set of apes running around in DC about as far as I can kick a grand piano up a spiral staircase, I'll decline and say no to pretty much everything that comes from that neck of the woods and manage quite well to ignore that bunch of thugs so far.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7204193
03/04/21 11:26 AM
03/04/21 11:26 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Stories popping up now about people getting cancer scares after taking the vaccine. It's causing swelling that's showing up around lymph nodes and in mammograms

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: charles] #7204265
03/04/21 12:52 PM
03/04/21 12:52 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by charles
Only a very small percentage of people die from Covid, but for 512,000 people, they are 100% dead.

That would be point 15 percent of the U.S. population. Were the Hospitals overloaded? Here is a percentage that is scary. We printed 23.6% of all the money ever created last year, to save some mostly elderly, unhealthy people. Now 99.85 % of the U.S. population have to deal with this.

Last edited by Dirt; 03/04/21 01:00 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Trapper7] #7204285
03/04/21 01:33 PM
03/04/21 01:33 PM
Illinois Kentucky Line
Massac Offline
trapper
Massac  Offline
trapper

Illinois Kentucky Line
Originally Posted by Trapper7
A lady that helps us at the food shelf said her 84 year old father got both shots. Two weeks later he had surgery, that was three weeks ago since the surgery. He was only to spend a couple of days in the hospital, then go home after the surgery. He started hallucinating after the surgery. He never went home, but is now in a nursing home still with bouts of hallucination. They don't know what's wrong with him. A reaction to the surgery drugs, although they said those would have been out of his body within a couple of days max? A reaction to the drugs in combination with the virus shots he had prior to the surgery? Or, is that just a coincidence having nothing to do with it?

The lady whose father it is, is a retired nurse. She and her husband were going to get the shots for the virus. After seeing what has happened to her father, she's reconsidering her position on the shots.

I'm a nurse and see this frequently with elderly patients. It's a reaction to the anesthetics used during surgery. I've seen it last over a week. If you have a subpar liver the drugs can't be metabolized in your body and can hang around for a while

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: charles] #7204306
03/04/21 02:12 PM
03/04/21 02:12 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Only a very small percentage of people die from Covid, but for 512,000 people, they are 100% dead.

They died "with" covid. Why don't you vent your anger at where this came from instead of us?

No Jab.
Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Lostdrunkhungry] #7204315
03/04/21 02:24 PM
03/04/21 02:24 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Originally Posted by Lostdrunkhungry
Didn’t read every post here, but I’ve gotten the jist of it. I’m a new trapper, just started out. But I’ve been a RN for 18 years. I’m now in PACU, and have worked in ICU and ER extensively. I was redeployed to the ICU last March for the skyrocketing Covid numbers and spent 3 months working 4-6 shifts per week. I was redeployed again in mid January from the Christmas peak in numbers and just got back to my home unit Monday.
I can tell you this much: yes the media is selling fear, that’s what they do. Yes the media at every turn tried to undermine Trump. Yes the CDC fumbled, stumbled, and ruined its credibility from the mask mandates alone, amongst a ton of others. Trump also fumbled and underestimated terribly the seriousness of the virus, and downplayed the severity of the situation. HOWEVER: the people (who I tend to align with politically, religiously, and morally) have behaved like entitled brats over (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) piece of cloth that MAY POTENTIALLY save their life, more importantly, the person they may infect.
What’s not being reported, for whatever reason, is the other crap that happens with Covid. DVT’s are very common, as are strokes, kidney and renal failure, mesenteric ischemia (bowel death from clots), etc. permanent lung damage, long lasting lung scarring, etc. I’ve placed more 35 year old and up patients in body bags than I care to admit. It’s been the worst thing I’ve seen, and I was still in the ICU for H1N1 and swine flu. I coded a 38yo male for an hour Saturday. You know how well a 38yo heart works? It works great. It takes a long time to expire.
Some very interesting studies are being done trying to figure out why some people just get the sniffles, some feel like crap, and some die. Right now there’s been identified a correlation of over 500 mutated genes that most all of us have, but the virus is able to exploit them and derail the bodies’ ability to carry O2 to the body. Very interesting data is coming out, but it will take ions to digest the info in a usable way.
As for the vaccine, I took both. No desire for human brains, no thoughts of being a homo. I did feel like crap after the second shot for about 16 hours. The vaccine is simply the surface proteins of the virus. These proteins allow the virus to pass through the surface of the cell. By injecting the proteins into the muscle, the body assumes it’s a foreign invader and attacks it. By mounting an immune response your body is able to store and remember that protein and how to defeat it. That’s immunity. The booster is to ensure the body mounts a proper response to the protein and remembers it well enough to defeat it. As far as the naysayers that claim the vaccine is poison, or something to that effect, with all forms of conspiracy theory surrounding it, whatever. “Well, that’s just what they’re telling you. How do you KNOW what’s in the vaccine”? I could say the same about that burger you got from McDonald’s, or that cigarette in your mouth, or any other thing that touched or enters our bodies. I’ve researched the Moderna vaccine pretty extensively, I encourage everyone to make up their own mind about it, just make sure you’re fully vetting your sources.
Long winded post, my bad. Tight chains guys, have fun and be safe.

Thank you for your work and the valued information! Welcome to Tman! Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7204323
03/04/21 02:36 PM
03/04/21 02:36 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
After reading all this, who has changed their mind?

-Goofy-
Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: bowhunter27295] #7204330
03/04/21 02:39 PM
03/04/21 02:39 PM
Louisiana
L
Lostdrunkhungry Offline
trapper
Lostdrunkhungry  Offline
trapper
L

Louisiana
I’ve encountered a few odd times when a positive test result came back. A RN friend of mine’s adult children were in line at a testing center. They pull up to one spot, register, and pull up a ways down to actually receive the test. While waiting for the test, the center ran out. They were informed to come back 3-4 days later. They received a phone call 2 days later informing them that their tests were positive. They were like no, I never took the test. Then the caller got flustered and told them to quarantine and hung up. Another friend of mine lost his dad to cancer in a hospice center. Cause of death was Covid. He never had a test, he did have stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
I don’t know what to make of that info, like how to process it logically. Is a region or state more financially motivated to have higher Covid numbers? Maybe so. As far as the conspiracy theory that hospitals get paid more for a Covid diagnosis, well of course they do. If we replace your knee it’s gonna take a heck of a lot more instruments, equipment, and expertise than to just do a knee arthroscopy. To care for a Covid patient is extremely labor intensive. The amount of supplies we burn through is mind bending. Just the amount of O2 a patient will require is nuts. We had to bring a Covid positive patient to do a CT. Had to place the patient on a portable ventilator. We burned through 2 brand new tanks of O2 in 25 minutes.

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Massac] #7204332
03/04/21 02:41 PM
03/04/21 02:41 PM
Louisiana
L
Lostdrunkhungry Offline
trapper
Lostdrunkhungry  Offline
trapper
L

Louisiana
I agree 100%. Versed alone hangs out in the elderly for days sometimes. It kinda scrambles their brains for a while, which is why it’s not usually given. Ativan and Xanax as well.

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7204362
03/04/21 03:12 PM
03/04/21 03:12 PM
Louisiana
L
Lostdrunkhungry Offline
trapper
Lostdrunkhungry  Offline
trapper
L

Louisiana
I’ll also throw this out there. If you have cancer, or heart disease, or any other serious condition, and you get hit by a car, cancer didn’t kill you, the car did. So if a person has those comorbidities and contracts Covid and dies, they didn’t die of heart failure, they died of Covid. Very close friends of mine have argued this point. When I tell them that I lost a 34yo male patient, they would fire off real quick about what other health issues he had. I’m like, dude, he was 34. He was a bit overweight, he planned on going home to his kids, not wondering if he would die tomorrow of being 30lbs overweight.
As far as the vaccine being rushed, I’m inclined to agree, to a point. But this is also what happens when there’s a bottomless pit of money being thrown at it. From the whole world, not just the U.S. And, maybe more importantly, Trump more or less removed the CDC’s exhaustive red tape that pharmaceutical companies have to cut through and navigate to get a drug approved. One virologist stated that this is how it’s supposed to work. We would all feel more comfortable and confident about the vaccine had it been studied longer, but that wasn’t really an option.

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: bowhunter27295] #7204383
03/04/21 03:46 PM
03/04/21 03:46 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Online content
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Online Content
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295

Do you honestly think all of those were directly associated with covid? Do you honestly think there weren't doctors who purposely mislabeled cause of death as covid so their facility could get the $13-39K per patient?

I don’t believe anything the government, CDC, or Fauci and his cohorts tell us. Anything for money, power and control.

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7204387
03/04/21 03:52 PM
03/04/21 03:52 PM
Owatonna,mn
C
Cibarius Offline
trapper
Cibarius  Offline
trapper
C

Owatonna,mn
My wife is an ER nurse. This covid is so bad that when they get a patient in the ER with symptoms, they DON’T switch to covid protocol. When the patients get the test results back positive they move them to covid care but they won’t tell the nurses. Against HIPA rules. Covid is so bad that they haven’t even had an outbreak in any MN hospital. Now we do have issues with the nurses getting the vaccine and having issues from it. They had mandatory overtime from so many nurses out after getting vaccinated.

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7204516
03/04/21 06:15 PM
03/04/21 06:15 PM
eastern WV
R
Ridge Runner1960 Offline
trapper
Ridge Runner1960  Offline
trapper
R

eastern WV
Did anyone read the reports on the PCR tests? 75 to 90% false positives?

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7204520
03/04/21 06:18 PM
03/04/21 06:18 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline
trapper
MnMan  Offline
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
A close friend of mine just got his second Moderna vaccination and experienced a pretty severe allergic reaction. He had broken out in hives and he had swelling of the lips and throat. He went to the doctor about it and they told him it could have been life threatening. They prescribed steroids for him to treat the allergic reaction and told him that the steroids would lower his resistance to Covid so the steroids were administered sparingly. He feels fine now a week later. Makes me all the more skeptical.

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7205021
03/05/21 07:44 AM
03/05/21 07:44 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
[Linked Image]

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: bowhunter27295] #7205065
03/05/21 08:34 AM
03/05/21 08:34 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Online content
trapper
walleye101  Online Content
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Originally Posted by MnMan
A close friend of mine just got his second Moderna vaccination and experienced a pretty severe allergic reaction. He had broken out in hives and he had swelling of the lips and throat. He went to the doctor about it and they told him it could have been life threatening. They prescribed steroids for him to treat the allergic reaction and told him that the steroids would lower his resistance to Covid so the steroids were administered sparingly. He feels fine now a week later. Makes me all the more skeptical.

I am guessing this didn't make the news being as how the experimental vaccine is so safe. Hope your friend feels better.

Now, hypothetically, if a person were to die from the experimental vaccine, I wonder if all of a sudden the co-morbidities would suddenly matter. You know, it was the high blood pressure and diabetes that killed him, not the experimental covid vaccine.

No, the death would surely be complications from covid.

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Ridge Runner1960] #7205134
03/05/21 09:46 AM
03/05/21 09:46 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
Did anyone read the reports on the PCR tests? 75 to 90% false positives?

The WHO came out shortly after the inauguration that the cycle threshold needed to be lowered . That would rvoartly responsible for the lower cases we're seeing today.

Re: Those that say No to the vaccine. [Re: Dan D] #7205136
03/05/21 09:47 AM
03/05/21 09:47 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Nada

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com