No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Slingshot ?? [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #7369615
10/02/21 12:59 PM
10/02/21 12:59 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)
So what's the difference between a slingshot and a flip?

My wife's grandmother used to talk about popie hunting rabbits with his flip. They were dirt floor poor and got married under 16.

I assumed it was a sling shot but did asker her about it and she confirmed it. He made it out of a forked stick and old bike tubes.

Re: Slingshot ?? [Re: Dillrod] #7369648
10/02/21 01:39 PM
10/02/21 01:39 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
Some of my ancestors used slingshots as weapons. There was no rubber or tubes for them to use.

[Linked Image]

Some of my ancestors used Colts for weapons. They weren't very good with slingshots but they were very good at slinging lead.

[Linked Image]

There is one thing I can guarantee for certain and that is who won.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Slingshot ?? [Re: Dillrod] #7369971
10/02/21 09:37 PM
10/02/21 09:37 PM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
When I was a kid we'd make slings (like David slew Goliath with) out of leather boot laces and a chunk of leather. We made them the same length as our arms. I was never very accurate with any of mine, but holy crap could you fling a rock forever with them! We liked looking for oblong stones, or ones with a sharp edge on them, because it would whip them so fast that their spin made a loud buzz as the stone rocketed away. Ditto RR spikes, they'd make a heck of a racket as they buzzed away downrange.

Re: Slingshot ?? [Re: Dillrod] #7372442
10/05/21 10:49 PM
10/05/21 10:49 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
This thread got me to thinking.

So, I grabbed one of my old Wrist Rockets. Is that a brand name? Anyway the one I grabbed is Daisey®.

I cut up a worn out leather work glove for pouches, and grabbed a bag of #32 office type rubberbands. I am now experimenting with different combinations of chaining/braiding/knotting the rubberbands. Lemon Drop hard candy is my ammo for the moment. Dang, I ain't had this much fun since I was a kid.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Slingshot ?? [Re: T-Rex] #7372677
10/06/21 09:41 AM
10/06/21 09:41 AM
S/W Mich.
Dillrod Offline OP
trapper
Dillrod  Offline OP
trapper

S/W Mich.
Originally Posted by T-Rex
This thread got me to thinking.

So, I grabbed one of my old Wrist Rockets. Is that a brand name? Anyway the one I grabbed is Daisey®.

I cut up a worn out leather work glove for pouches, and grabbed a bag of #32 office type rubberbands. I am now experimenting with different combinations of chaining/braiding/knotting the rubberbands. Lemon Drop hard candy is my ammo for the moment. Dang, I ain't had this much fun since I was a kid.

I know.
I'm having a blast with mine too.

"Some Domestication Required "

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread