Home

Calexit plan.....

Posted By: Canvasback2

Calexit plan..... - 04/24/18 08:39 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/24/calexit-gets-go-ahead-to-start-collecting-signatures.html

So, hypothetically.......

Suppose IT DID HAPPEN....

What would happen to the Navy and Air Force bases in that State??? Would the new Nation of California suddenly seize the Aircraft and Naval Ships? The VA Hospitals in New California , would be operating in a new foreign Country. They would have to change hands , or close down. How would the citizen collect their retirement. Social Security would not be available to those that are not now collecting it.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/24/18 08:49 PM

Asked and answered, Ft Sumter.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/24/18 08:52 PM

This go around the south gets to play radical republican. Bring on reconstruction!
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/24/18 09:03 PM

Why wouldn't social security or pensions not be available to those who earned it?
Posted By: Rye

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:08 AM

Though we can all dream, it’ll never happen.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:11 AM

Sessions said a month or so ago that it would not be allowed.

Those freaks would not last long in a fight.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Rye
Though we can all dream, it’ll never happen.

It might seeing how San Diego is joining trump on his lawsuit against California's sanctuary state law.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:13 AM

Getting rid of Cali would be a blessing for the West no passports/immigration should be granted after the separation! LOL

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Marty

Watch your back Marty they might get you from behind! eek LOL
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Steven 49er
Why wouldn't social security or pensions not be available to those who earned it?

If California did split from the USA, anyone not currently paying into SS , would not in the future be paying into SS. As for workers currently paying into the system, I don't think Social Security has enabled into their rules what happens to a Worker's SS , if the State they are living in; ends up leaving the USA. That is something that would probably end up becoming a matter for the Supreme Court to figure out. Trouble is, I don't believe the Court would have any prior case law, to fall back on.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Originally Posted By: Marty

Watch your back Marty they might get you from behind! eek LOL

My head is on a swivel...... laugh
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:20 AM

I'd sign the petition in a heartbeat if they need more signatures. I'm a registered voter just no in California. I say we just give them back to Mexico.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Yes sir
I'd sign the petition in a heartbeat if they need more signatures. I'm a registered voter just no in California. I say we just give them back to Mexico.

I agree Seth! They're already half Mexican, might as well make it 100%

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:50 AM

The shame is the Northern half of the State is full of normal people the South is all fruits and nuts!
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 02:59 AM

They can do all they want to about doing it, except it will never be done, ain't worth the conversation !
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Canvasback2

If California did split from the USA, anyone not currently paying into SS , would not in the future be paying into SS. As for workers currently paying into the system, I don't think Social Security has enabled into their rules what happens to a Worker's SS , if the State they are living in; ends up leaving the USA. That is something that would probably end up becoming a matter for the Supreme Court to figure out. Trouble is, I don't believe the Court would have any prior case law, to fall back on.

Why would it matter if the state left?

You can retire to a foreign country and still receive your social security as long as it's not NK or Cuba.

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 03:32 AM

You do have to be a citizen to receive the benefits I believe

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: GritGuy
They can do all they want to about doing it, except it will never be done, ain't worth the conversation !
we can always dream
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 03:47 AM

Look at Venezuela, Nicaragua, and hati if you want to see what happens if Cali goes on it's own.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 03:50 AM

It would be a wonderful experiment , to witness the completed destruction of liberalism before our eyes . A perfect example of what is to come
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 04:11 AM

https://nypost.com/2018/04/11/science-proves-communism-makes-nations-poorer-and-less-healthy/
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 04:35 AM

The only downside I see to California seceding would be that even MORE Californians would be moving to other states. Those Californians that did not want to be part of the secession would be continuing to move to states like Oregon, Idaho, Arizona, Montana and Colorado... and that just ain't good.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 04:47 AM

We could do an exchange . For every good one we could send a libtard

Win win for all
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: AntiGov
We could do an exchange . For every good one we could send a libtard

Win win for all

I would spring for that.

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 01:16 PM

Not much to figure out. If they left the union, they become ex-pats. When you do that you give up your rights provided by our government for benefits.

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: AntiGov
It would be a wonderful experiment , to witness the completed destruction of liberalism before our eyes . A perfect example of what is to come

There are lots of examples already in play. However, you can't make them see the truth. For example, Finland just canned it's universal pay program. it didn't work.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 01:40 PM

Quote:
You do have to be a citizen to receive the benefits I believe

There would be a Grandfather clause I bet! And be rid of Pelosi and some other radicals.
Posted By: white17

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 03:40 PM

I have a friend from Germany who now lives in AK. He worked his whole life in Germany. He draws social security from the US based on his work history in Germany.

Some foreign nations have "harmonized" their work laws with ours.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 06:43 PM

The problem with California leaving the union is that California produces about 1/7th of our whole country's Gross Domestic Product. I think it is highly unlikely that California will leave the United States.

Keith

Re: Calexit plan..... - 04/25/18 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: KeithC
The problem with California leaving the union is that California produces about 1/7th of our whole country's Gross Domestic Product. I think it is highly unlikely that California will leave the United States.

Keith
and about 1/2 of the stupid ideas
© 2024 Trapperman Forums