Home

No BS DP's

Posted By: imissed

No BS DP's - 09/08/19 11:27 PM

I need a few more DP's.

I've looked at MTP and most of the DP's have some bad ratings.

Was wondering if anyone has used No BS DP's. Like/hate them?

They're priced with most DP brands so the cost is out the window.

I have Duke,Z's, Daggers and Alcatraz.

Was leaning toward the Dukes.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: No BS DP's - 09/08/19 11:37 PM

Here's a thread that was going on recently about people's favorite DP's. Maybe this will help you come to a conclusion.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6584417/favorite-dps#Post6584417
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: No BS DP's - 09/08/19 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by imissed
I need a few more DP's.

If I remember correctly the NO BS dog proofs also come with a wolf fang and cable attached.

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 12:02 AM

Thanks Silky.

Looks like many were Duke and Z men.

I like Dukes,but not a big Z trap man.

Just my opinion.

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckles84
[quote=imissed]I need a few more DP's.

If I remember correctly the NO BS dog proofs also come with a wolf fang and cable attached.[/quot

Yeap you're right.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckles84
[quote=imissed]I need a few more DP's.

If I remember correctly the NO BS dog proofs also come with a wolf fang and cable attached.[/quot

Yeap you're right.

Wrong. They come with Wolffangs and CHAIN attached. They are my favorite DP's.
Posted By: trappercosmo

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 02:50 AM

i have a couple , they are like any other trap by no bs solid and well built . i am not much of a coon trapper , but i trap a few every year. i am a big fan of his k9 traps
Posted By: Actor

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 03:19 AM

I use the Dukes … they are push/pull and seem to work every time I set them. I have not had one knocked off without a coon or possum in them. The NO BS might be alright, but have never used them and wouldn't want them with the wolf fang attached. I make own cable stakes and us several different length depending on the soil and location I am setting them. I also dig down a ways and cut the cable off, so don't have to break my back trying to get a 30" cable out of the ground (in some cases).

Garry-
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 01:10 PM

The NO BS traps are as good as any and better than a lot of other DP traps on the market. You'll be happy with them.

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Actor
I use the Dukes … they are push/pull and seem to work every time I set them. I have not had one knocked off without a coon or possum in them. The NO BS might be alright, but have never used them and wouldn't want them with the wolf fang attached. I make own cable stakes and us several different length depending on the soil and location I am setting them. I also dig down a ways and cut the cable off, so don't have to break my back trying to get a 30" cable out of the ground (in some cases).

Garry-

Gary all the dukes I have seen were pull only. (not that there is anything wrong with that) Did you modify yours?

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
The NO BS traps are as good as any and better than a lot of other DP traps on the market. You'll be happy with them.

Thanks Jamie
Posted By: TurTLe

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 02:53 PM

I like the Dagger's. I haven't used any of the newer traps, but I see no need to buy more, when my daggers do the trick.
Posted By: Merriam

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 03:01 PM

That's good to hear. I ordered some to pick up at the Nebraska Convention in a couple weeks. Picking them up, the price seemed very reasonable. I'm excited to try them this fall.
Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 03:35 PM

I have 2 doz of the no bs and I think they are the best dp out there. And the coating on them hold up for a few catches. Surprising for coons. But ya, you cant go wrong with them. Youll like em.
Posted By: Minklongliner

Re: No BS DP's - 09/09/19 03:38 PM

I run a couple hundred of them and love them coated good hold up the price per dozen is cheap and the extra chain with a wolf fang is a bonus i have caught a couple hundred coons with them
Posted By: Actor

Re: No BS DP's - 09/11/19 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Actor

Garry-

Gary all the dukes I have seen were pull only. (not that there is anything wrong with that) Did you modify yours?

ADC … doesn't Duke make or sell the "Z" trap? that is what I have and I thought they were DUkes. … What ever they are the work darn well with your bait in them

Garry-

Re: No BS DP's - 09/11/19 05:26 AM

No sir. The Z-traps are their own company. Dukes are pull only like the original Griz traps. Glad you had good success with the bait!
Posted By: pigtrapper

Re: No BS DP's - 09/11/19 01:09 PM

I don't want to be over critical but I bought two dozen to bring my count up to 100 with my Duke DP's to use on a DP Coon line.
My experience is that if the coon is in a Duke it will be waiting on me no matter how bad they are entangled in weeds or vines.
With the NO BS DP I have had far too many pull outs when there is any entanglement. I have found that they work just fine with on
entanglement or on a drowning cable.

Jus my experience over the past two seasons using them.

PIGTRAPPER
Posted By: walleyed

Re: No BS DP's - 09/11/19 09:43 PM

I need a few more DP's.

There is really no contest here.

All you need is more COON DAGGERS !!!! laugh

Best Dog Proof on the market, bar none.

And all AMERICAN MADE too !!! laugh

w
Posted By: coonman220

Re: No BS DP's - 09/12/19 02:33 AM

Has anyone used Yancy's I believe it call, I think made in California, I had few an sold them, never try much them, they had a slide door on both sides
Posted By: Nd native

Re: No BS DP's - 09/12/19 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed
I need a few more DP's.

There is really no contest here.

All you need is more COON DAGGERS !!!! laugh

Best Dog Proof on the market, bar none.

And all AMERICAN MADE too !!! laugh

w

Coon Daggers are my favorite. They are some tough traps. Very strong springs as well and hold up over time. Push and pull trigger that can be locked open is what I really like. Stable pushing in the mud as well with a drain hole.

They hold some big old boars no problem. Never lost one.

Re: No BS DP's - 09/12/19 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Has anyone used Yancy's I believe it call, I think made in California, I had few an sold them, never try much them, they had a slide door on both sides

I have caught hundreds of coons in them. They catch and hold coons great, even better than the modern DPs IMO, However they require a setter to set and remove the coons, and to maximize their ability, you need to weld on a small stabilizer and weld on small hinges to hold the doors. All that adds up to too much trouble for most trappers, but they can be had for cheap these days so if someone didn't mind the tinkering they would perfect for them.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: No BS DP's - 09/12/19 09:32 PM

COON DAGGERS are the only way to go !! smile

All those other DP's are just scrap metal !!! laugh

w

Re: No BS DP's - 09/12/19 09:48 PM

I have a few Daggers. They are heavy duty. I like them alot better then some other brands.

BUT I have had pull outs with them. The coon must of been a bear. The set area was all tore up.

Still haven't made my mind up yet. Got a month or so before I have to order the traps.
Posted By: newtoga

Re: No BS DP's - 09/12/19 11:30 PM

Little grizz and sterling grizz then dukes for me.
Posted By: Carlis

Re: No BS DP's - 09/13/19 01:06 PM

Maybe one day if I can find it I will have to post video of how a raccoon turned itself loose. yep! he sure did, had to watch it several times. it sure does explain some empty traps. The coon daggers are currently the only trap out there with a 2 way shaped trigger. as many may know the Infringment suit with Z-Traps was settled through mediation last August. THey agreed to settle for a license fee and no longer to sell ,import or manufacture a two way shaped trigger. we did allow them to sell out current stock of infringing traps with the pin REMOVED.
DUKE traps however has been Licensed to manufacture a load of my selective trigger traps. I am not sure when they will do that but I am sure they will sell out fast when they hit the market. apparently the market must be improving as I have had a rough time keeping up lately.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 08:06 PM

Great traps!

The chain and anchor attached sets them apart from others IMO
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
COON DAGGERS are the only way to go !! smile

All those other DP's are just scrap metal !!! laugh

w

Nice traps but I do not like the anchor in hard or frozen dirt.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 08:08 PM

Pffft...... Z traps rock
All others r okay too
Posted By: Guthrie

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 08:17 PM

Coon daggers are the only way to go.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 09:54 PM

PCS featherlight cast aluminum traps are my new favorite. Easy to carry a bunch. Made in USA as well.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 10:26 PM

I like the FB1. Also have FB2's and Coon Daggers.

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 10:35 PM

Wow, who dug this up??!!
Posted By: Kermit

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 10:37 PM

https://trapsusa.com/

Pull only. Round or straight trigger. Cannot be beat
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: No BS DP's - 11/15/20 10:38 PM

I love the bridger T3!
Posted By: 330 Belisle

Re: No BS DP's - 01/24/21 05:53 AM