Home

Get those Flue shot's....

Posted By: BigBob

Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 05:37 PM

...It's supposed to be a really bad year for the Flue. Veterans can get them free at the VMAC or any Walgreen's.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 06:13 PM

I'll pass.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 06:32 PM

Nope, never.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 06:37 PM

No
Posted By: warrior

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 06:48 PM

Nope
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 06:48 PM

Why are you guys saying No? Just curious. Not looking to start an argument.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 06:58 PM

Get one every year, never get sick, which you can't anyway by the shot. Got mine yesterday !

Those who believe so have already been infected with it and don't know it, there is no possible way to get the flu from the shot, the mechanics do not allow it, you can get an immune reaction to the shot, but not the actual flu it's self !
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 07:00 PM

Yep..Nope
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 07:03 PM

Got one Wed
Posted By: corky

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 07:06 PM

Got mine
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 07:16 PM

I have never had a flu shot, but plan on getting one this year.

Keith
Posted By: jarrett

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 07:27 PM

I got one once that was enough for me. Our HR lady made us, all in the office, get it one year. I was sick on and off for 6 months. I haven't got one since, I haven't got the flu, yet. I normally get bronchitis once every year though.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 07:55 PM

It's all just snake oil medicine, just like its always been.
If they really know what they were doing,
THEY WOULD HAVE CURED THE COMMON COLD ALREADY.
Posted By: Nd_guy

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:01 PM

Got it and so did the rest of the family.
Posted By: huntrap247

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:04 PM

Skipped it last year for the first time for my kids.

My four year old daughter got the flu and had a 100+ fever for 10 days.

They both got them this year.

I normally skip mine, haven't decided this year yet.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:05 PM

I'm 80 years old never had the flu In my lifetime I don't see the need.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:10 PM

I get one every year.
Posted By: Hoosier71

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog
It's all just snake oil medicine, just like its always been.
If they really know what they were doing,
THEY WOULD HAVE CURED THE COMMON COLD ALREADY.

Yeah, that's why the average life expectancy has more than doubled in the last 200 years, snake oil.

I'll be getting mine.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:13 PM

I can't remember the last one I got nor the last time i got the flu. Everytime I've got the shot i got the flu.
Posted By: huntrap247

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by huntrap247
Skipped it last year for the first time for my kids.

My four year old daughter got the flu and had a 100+ fever for 10 days.

They both got them this year.

I normally skip mine, haven't decided this year yet.

Interestingly enough however, even though she tested positive for both strains, none of the rest of us seemed to get it.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:46 PM

I'm 61, never had a flu shot and never had the flu. My wife is 55 and has never had a flu shot, she also has never had the flu. That is about to change. She is a nurse at the state loony bin. The state is forcing her to get a flu shot. The alternative is she will be required to wear a mask until March, the end of flu season. She is not happy about it!

The state encourages the hospital staff to talk the mentally disturbed patents into getting the flu shots, nearly all do. Yet every year the hospital is quarantined because of influenza outbreaks.
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 08:56 PM

It only reduces risk 40 to 60 percent
Posted By: snowy

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 09:03 PM

I'm a no also. Never had one don't ever plan on getting.
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 09:20 PM

I get a flu shot every year. I have also had both types of shingle shots and both types of pneumonia shots. I have gotten all the vaccines and shots that they give kids----mumps, measles--all that stuff. I should get a tetanus booster as I haven't had one in quite a few years. I have not had the rabies shots.

Have any of you guys that don't get the flu shot gotten the rabies shots, as a preventative?

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 09:32 PM

Nope, I stay healthy in part by avoiding doctor's offices and hospitals. Do you have any idea the amount of germs in those places?
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 09:32 PM

From what I understand they missed on this years vaccine and it dosen't not cover the strain anyway
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/12/19 11:52 PM

Nobody in my family including my Grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins have died, or even been hospitalized because of the flu. Heck nobody I even know personally have died or been hospitalized because of the flu.
Got the flu shot once, and guess what I got the flu bad.
Something else to think about, 44 years I didn't get the flu shot, and sure enough never got the flu.
I know, I know that's not the way it works but I'll play the cards I'm dealt. So you guessed it no flu shot for me.
Posted By: Eric Yeatman

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/13/19 12:07 AM

My has a friend whose friend got a flu shot and it paralyzed him

I’ll take my chances with the flu

It’s also a gamble as to which strain of shot they give and which one is passed around not to mention they created all the different strands with FLU SHOTS
Posted By: old243

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/13/19 01:42 AM

Get mine every fall. old243
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/13/19 01:58 AM

I worked with a guy in his forties that had bad arthritis,hands all knotted up, stiff and painful. He claimed it was caused by the swine flu shot. He died in his fifties. I don't get flu shots.
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/13/19 03:05 AM

Nope, never had one
I had the flu abt 15 years ago, only time.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/13/19 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Snowpa
From what I understand they missed on this years vaccine and it dosen't not cover the strain anyway

With the worst season in Australian this last season they know what the combinations are for this year.
A cousin got H1N1 last year and 3 months in the hosp he is just able to walk a block now 10 months later...and we have Medicare to cover it.

little ouch in the arm ah so sorry.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/13/19 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
I'm 61, never had a flu shot and never had the flu. My wife is 55 and has never had a flu shot, she also has never had the flu. That is about to change. She is a nurse at the state loony bin. The state is forcing her to get a flu shot. The alternative is she will be required to wear a mask until March, the end of flu season. She is not happy about it!

The state encourages the hospital staff to talk the mentally disturbed patents into getting the flu shots, nearly all do. Yet every year the hospital is quarantined because of influenza outbreaks.

Lugnut, by them forcing her to wear a mask they are violating HIPPA. I know some nurses and drs (friends) here pulled the HIPPA card against HR and there wasn't an issue. The reason it's a violation is the company/ state is forcing the employee to display their health info openly (violates PHI). I suggest your wife talk to HR.

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/13/19 12:11 PM

Thanks for that info Adam, I will let her know.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/13/19 03:25 PM

Get one every year. Almost died one year with the flu when I didn’t get the shot. In fact, wished I was dead when I had it. There is no such thing as having a touch of the flu.
Posted By: kyron4

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 04:42 AM

No for me. Used to get them free at work, then missed a few years, just forgot when they gave them out. I'm sure they help a little, but even the CDC say it's more for the elderly and children. A healthy active adult with a good immune system shouldn't need one. Every year around this time it's the same thing, flu is going to be the worst in 20 years, they say. I think people who always wash their hands and sterilize their homes have poor immune systems and get sick a lot; go lick the door knobs on a day care and drink from your dogs water bowl and build up that immune system and let it work for you. LOL
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 10:59 AM

I see no sense in injecting myself with something that likely will not occur. Statistics show what is injected is less than 50% correct for the flu strain that does appear this year. Vaccines are made the year prior to whatever strain develops. Then, statistically, I only have less than a 10% chance of getting the flu. If I do get the flu and die - I will count it a blessing to spend eternity with my Lord. God gives us wisdom and understanding if we seek it. For me and my house - I see no need for the flu shot. For the most part we are healthy and have good immune systems.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 11:59 AM

After reading all this ....its a weak maybeeeee
Posted By: run

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
I see no sense in injecting myself with something that likely will not occur. Statistics show what is injected is less than 50% correct for the flu strain that does appear this year. Vaccines are made the year prior to whatever strain develops. Then, statistically, I only have less than a 10% chance of getting the flu. If I do get the flu and die - I will count it a blessing to spend eternity with my Lord. God gives us wisdom and understanding if we seek it. For me and my house - I see no need for the flu shot. For the most part we are healthy and have good immune systems.

You have the best post on trapper man of the week. I mean this sincerely.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 12:46 PM

Everyone who gets the flu shot around here gets a badcase of the flu within a couple days.
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 12:54 PM

I find it funny how many people don't think it's necessary, since they don't really care what happens to everyone else. By that logic, my kids should be able to take peanut butter to school, because someone else's kid being allergic doesn't affect me. I'm a lot more worried about a virus that spreads through the air than a contact smear.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 02:43 PM

Thanks for posting this BigBob... I didn't know Walgreens was an option. Might save me a 65 mile trip next year...
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by eastwood44mag
I find it funny how many people don't think it's necessary, since they don't really care what happens to everyone else. By that logic, my kids should be able to take peanut butter to school, because someone else's kid being allergic doesn't affect me. I'm a lot more worried about a virus that spreads through the air than a contact smear.

Funny you mention peanut allergies. https://thedoctorwithin.com/blog/2011/07/06/vaccines-and-the-peanut-allergy-epidemic/
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 06:33 PM

No poison for me !

People trust the government way too much !!!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 06:48 PM

I've never had one. The last time I was sick was about 5 years ago; I had a cold that lasted about 5 days. I might have had the flu about 20 years ago, if that was the flu. It lasted only a couple of days.

My wife used to get a flu shot every year and she got the flu every year. Of course, they told her it was a different strain. That was why her flu shot didn't help. Three years ago, she stopped getting a flu shot and has never gotten the flu since. In her case, strong evidence the flu shot can cause the flu.

I use hand sanitizer religiously when I'm out in public.

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut

A girl in Idaho was a nurse , she was forced to get the shot. She now rests 6 feet under. This was 2 or 3 yes ago
Posted By: run

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 07:09 PM

Anti Gov, that is quite the story. I believe it.
Posted By: Sullivan K

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
A girl in Idaho was a nurse , she was forced to get the shot. She now rests 6 feet under. This was 2 or 3 yes ago

Do you have a link to this? I have searched for an article on this and I can find nothing

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 09:34 PM

If there was proof it worked and didn't have any side effects what so ever, I'd do it. However, it ain't so.
Posted By: Deer Lane

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 10:23 PM

Got mine two weeks ago. If I don’t, my job requires me to where a mask in flu season.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 10:26 PM

I got my flu shot about two hours ago.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty

If there was proof it worked and didn't have any side effects what so ever, I'd do it. However, it ain't so.

I believe there is proof that many more people die from the flu or it’s after effects than getting the shot.

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/14/19 11:59 PM

Grandpa Trapper. I'll take my chances. So far so good. wink

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sullivan K
Originally Posted by AntiGov

Do you have a link to this? I have searched for an article on this and I can find nothing

I will ask the wife she showed it to me

Was a young healthy 20 something

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 01:14 AM

You cant find any negative stories about the flu shot on Google which should send up all kinds of red flags in itself
Posted By: Badgerman50

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 01:29 AM

Last flu I got was 6 years ago. Closest I’ve ever come to dying. I thought it was gonna kill me. I’m gonna do everything I can to make sure that doesn’t happen again. I started getting them after that. Haven’t even had a cold since. I’m gonna keep getting them too. I will say this though regarding anti-vaccination people. They really DO have a leg to stand on. I mean it’s certainly not beyond the pale of reason to think that the government would willfully mislead the public. CIA, FBI all subversive lying criminals. Why not throw the FDA in there too.

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 01:36 AM

I find it amazing that people will believe the shots will give you the flu and ask for proof it doesn’t
Yet ignore all the others who get the shot and never get the flu lol, what more proof do you need ?

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 02:15 AM

Here is a case from wisconsin in 2015
I still believe there was one similar in idaho a couple years back

Linky broken so i copied it

WISCONSIN – For one health care worker, getting her flu shot was tragically just not enough.

Katie McQuestion, 26, was a radiologist and got her flu shot as hospital policy, but she contracted the flu and got very sick afterwards.

She developed sepsis and died on Jan. 2.

“She was the picture of health,” McQuestion’s mother told ABC News.

McQuestion was married in September and when she got sick her husband and mother came to the hospital, that’s when she told them she had never felt so sick before.

Within hours of speaking with her family, the sepsis began to set in and her organs started to fail.

“To go from not feeling good to dying is just — there’s no words,” her mother told ABC News. “It just breaks my heart. She was such a great kid.”

McQuestion’s family hopes sharing her story will encourage others to take flu-related sicknesses more seriously.

FILED IN: NEWS

TOPICS: FLU, SEPSIS

FACEBOOK TWITTER EMAIL

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 02:35 AM

Worth checking out

https://www.thedailybell.com/all-ar...um=social&utm_campaign=website_share
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 02:39 AM

Big NO for me...for the reasons stated before. Quit getting sick after i stopped getting shots... effectiveness, etc. what they USE in the flu shot...nope.

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 03:53 AM

I’ve taken flu shots from over half of your life and have had no flu results
No ramifications from doing so. That is proof they work for me and my family
As well, I do not need any proof they don’t lol, I’m much more interested
Why people think they get the flu and ignore that as a reaction to the vaccine and why
They question people like my self whom are proof they work and don’t have the courtesy to
Accept that fact because of some new study every year lol
Posted By: trapper124

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 03:56 AM

The misinformation out there is amazing. I suppose cigarettes are also good for you. Bet there is someone here who believes the government makes up false information about tobacco being bad for you?
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 04:15 AM

One of my employees had never had the flu or the shot until last year, his wife talked him into getting the flu vaccine and two weeks later he got the flu and was in bad shape for two weeks, and if you want to get a good cussing just ask him what he thinks of the flu shot. Lol. My wife is a nurse and has to get it every year and she has never had the flu but she rarely gets sick with anything so who knows
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 04:15 AM

Always got flu shot till last year an never got flu an no shot, no longer have ins. Am would have pay ,$25 plus confident get it, what this sepis stuff ?
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Always got flu shot till last year an never got flu an no shot, no longer have ins. Am would have pay ,$25 plus confident get it, what this sepis stuff ?

Yeah no get shot when know you no get sick no money. No ins mean you get sick they want money and make get sick if no pay.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 10:49 AM

Flu shots help the weaklings. In turn, the flu helps the strong. Forward Chaaaarge!!
Posted By: Badgerman50

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by coonman220

Yeah no get shot when know you no get sick no money. No ins mean you get sick they want money and make get sick if no pay.

I’m no grammar cop, but good grief...
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 02:09 PM

I have gotten sick from the shot

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 02:29 PM

I know more people who have got the flu the year they got the shot than people who have got the flu when they didn't get the shot.
Posted By: charles

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 02:34 PM

Every year there are thousands of flu related deaths. Never remember reading about anyone who was vaccinated dying from the flu. Those odds seem pretty good to me. At my age I get the high dose.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by charles
Every year there are thousands of flu related deaths. Never remember reading about anyone who was vaccinated dying from the flu. Those odds seem pretty good to me. At my age I get the high dose.

Actually, I have heard of a few people dying who had a flu shot. The excuse they always use is, it was a different strain.
Last year in our state they were saying there were several flu strains out there and that the flu shots weren't going to be effective on all of them.
Posted By: ccoyote

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sullivan K
I get a flu shot every year. I have also had both types of shingle shots and both types of pneumonia shots. I have gotten all the vaccines and shots that they give kids----mumps, measles--all that stuff. I should get a tetanus booster as I haven't had one in quite a few years. I have not had the rabies shots.

Have any of you guys that don't get the flu shot gotten the rabies shots, as a preventative?

I have gotten the rabies shot not cause of trapping but because i was required to while going through vet school. Also a vaccine that doesnt have any real data to say yes this level of titer keeps you safe. I personally along with many classmates never built a immune response to It either. It does make me feel better however. If known exposure we still have to get the post exposure Immune globulin plus or minus additional vaccines. So might save you some shots might not. I dont get the flu shot. Flu shots are not that effective if they were we would be giving them to pigs and poultry by the millions of doses. That said i still use vaccines and think many of them are very effective and necessary.

As far as getting sick from the flu after flu shot as some have said. Its not necesarily the flu its your body working to build an immune response. My opinion however is still if you develop that kind of response your still at risk for getting sick from secondary illness which can be serious.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Get those Flue shot's.... - 10/15/19 08:29 PM

I suspect a lot of people who are exposed to the flu, go to get flu shots, hoping to avoid catching it, passing the flu to other people going to get flu shots. Immunity is not instantaneous or absolute.

Keith
© 2024 Trapperman Forums