Home

My wife is driving me nuts!!!

Posted By: GoGitter

My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:07 AM

My wife sits around chomping on ice. In the car, on the couch! I've told her it aggravates me and she keeps doing it. Am I being hard to get along with or is she. I vote she is. If I did something that aggervated her i wouldn't do it around her
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:12 AM

That's usually a sign of a NEED!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:14 AM

It only gets worse it's good to have a heated fur shed to go to it has saved her life several times, she is flipping the remote over and over. Hold on I'll get back to you. LOL
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:14 AM

Lean in and start making out with her. She can't chew ice while you're smooching.
Posted By: SkyeDancer

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by GoGitter
My wife sits around chomping on ice. In the car, on the couch! I've told her it aggravates me and she keeps doing it. Am I being hard to get along with or is she. I vote she is. If I did something that aggervated her i wouldn't do it around her

So talk to her about it. She probably doesn't even know it irritates you
Posted By: Cleatus

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:16 AM

Don't sweat the small stuff. Go give her a hug tell her you love her ask her if there is anything you can do around the house to help her. Every time you notice her chomping ice think about something nice she does for you and be thankful. God put her in your life enjoy it. Don't forget to smile and Have A Great Day!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:16 AM

How long you been married?
Posted By: chas3457

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by seniortrap

This.^^^^^^^^

Have her get her hemoglobin checked. My Wife's hemoglobin level was dangerously low, and the doctors asked her if she had been eating a lot of ice lately. She had been!

Charlie
Posted By: SkyeDancer

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cleatus
Don't sweat the small stuff. Go give her a hug tell her you love her ask her if there is anything you can do around the house to help her. Every time you notice her chomping ice think about something nice she does for you and be thankful. God put her in your life enjoy it. Don't forget to smile and Have A Great Day!!

Or talk to her about it...I don't believe that people who care about is intentionally do things to irritate us...They are generally unaware
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:20 AM

Convince her its hard on her teeth and she needs to stop, and maybe she will take up something quieter like chewing tobacco!

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:24 AM

Hahaha Foxpaw
Posted By: BillyTraps

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:36 AM

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases.../expert-answers/chewing-ice/faq-20057982
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:36 AM

Could be a sign of type two diabetes.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:42 AM

Man....is that the thing that you choose to complain about? If that was the thing that ticked me off the most about my dear wife I'd call that a good relationship.

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:45 AM

We've been married 8 years. I have already explained two different times that it's driving me nuts. She also says don't sweat the small stuff. Maybe we do need to get her blood checked. Thanks for that advice.
Posted By: insanelupus

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:55 AM

May I make a suggestion please? Reread your last post carefully, ALL of it.

"We've been married 8 years. I have already explained two different times that it's driving me nuts. She also says don't sweat the small stuff. Maybe we do need to get her blood checked. Thanks for that advice."

"Forgiveness is just a prayer away."
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 03:01 AM

Misophonia - it's real! I have it. It's not just something you can say "oh, no big deal". Its hard to control. You can tell your wife you're not just being petty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia
Posted By: Cougarw

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Misophonia - it's real! I have it. It's not just something you can say "oh, no big deal". Its hard to control. You can tell your wife you're not just being petty.

You bet it is, when I have to sit by somebody eating loudly, crunching on everything and smacking their lips, it’s everything I can do to not bust them in the mouth. I can’t count the times I have walked out of a dinner because of it. Of course everyone thinks I left because I don’t like the company, but in reality it’s just the noise they make while eating.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 03:27 AM

She gave you the answer your looking for when she told you not to sweat the small stuff.

Your looking in the wrong direction and she answered you,

Your not thinking about the right answer !
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cougarw
Originally Posted by ~ADC~

You bet it is, when I have to sit by somebody eating loudly, crunching on everything and smacking their lips, it’s everything I can do to not bust them in the mouth. I can’t count the times I have walked out of a dinner because of it. Of course everyone thinks I left because I don’t like the company, but in reality it’s just the noise they make while eating.

I know exactly what you mean! It's an almost uncontrollable urge punch them right in the face.
Posted By: white17

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 03:36 AM

Mix some whiskey with that ice !
Posted By: Boco

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 03:43 AM

Best remedy right there.^^^^^
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 03:49 AM

Maybe we do need to get her blood checked. Thanks for that advice.

Yes do that. I saw it before when she was pregnant. Chewed ice all the time, it's because of an unquenchable thirst and that was her only relief. She had type two diabetes.
Posted By: Rally

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 03:55 AM

Just go leave the toilet seat up every time she chews ice.

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 04:10 AM

Is she craving potting soil or drywall?

That's a deficiency thing also....real but kinda funny.

... Remember you two are just past the 7 year itch....you'd better learn to pick your battles.
Posted By: Boco

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 04:14 AM

Tell her if she dont stop she will have an appointment with the cucking stool.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
How long you been married?

This is what i was gonna type but 330 already covered it, lol.
But seriously, rule no 1. The trapper is always right.
Rule no. 2 if she has any questions refer to rule no 1
Posted By: Donnie Shafer

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 07:19 AM

mine was eating ice when she was pregnant
Posted By: Denny Russell

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 01:08 PM

My son-in law chewed ice for years. He has worn down his teeth. It was a hard change, but he has dropped that habit. He is early forties and I am sure he will have dental issues from that at some point in time.

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 01:22 PM

Wait, if she changes over to frozen tobacco plugs....that could end up even more annoying.
Posted By: run

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by chas3457
Originally Posted by seniortrap

This.^^^^^^^^

Have her get her hemoglobin checked. My Wife's hemoglobin level was dangerously low, and the doctors asked her if she had been eating a lot of ice lately. She had been!

Charlie
X2.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 01:42 PM

Turn the heat down!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:12 PM

divorce sucks. dont let it eat you up. a wife is a real treasure. if you get all twisted up about little stuff you will turn it into big stuff.
Posted By: Catcollector

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:15 PM

Does she chew ice around other people or just you? Plenty of annoying habits out there and many people don't care, blow up the toilet and leave it, track dirty boots into the house, have long dirty finger nails (chicken poop, famunda, etc) and be constantly licking them and fingering food and don't shower for weeks, drink cheap beer all day and complain about world news events, like I care? And have an excuse not to do anything about everything ie the roof leaks but only when it rains?!... That was my last roommate...AHHHHHH! I no longer speak to the sub human troll, I actually told him he disgusted me on so many levels that I can't even stand to look at him.... So ice doesn't sound so bad actually. I have my own place now and life is so fantastic, clean and orderly smile
Posted By: adam m

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 02:15 PM

Next time she chews ice tell her it really turns you on. I bet she stops in no time. lol
Seriously, get her blood checked probably an iron deficiency

Re: My wife is driving me nuts!!! - 12/13/19 05:20 PM

Ok, so I need to forgive her for driving me nuts, I need to leave the toilet seat up, make out with her while driving down the road, and get her blood checked. I know she's not pregnant, past child bearing age. I believe I'll go with cherish her as a gift from God! And recommend we get her blood checked. I sincerely appreciate the advice fellows.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums