Home

Did Backbreaker Change?

Posted By: 330 Belisle

Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:33 AM

I bought a bunch from Flemming trap supply and it seems thinner than he jar we had from 2 years ago. When I put it on a stick today it wasn't super thick like I'm used to it was thin and chunky like it would wash away after the rain we get over night. Could it be that it's because i was at the end of a jar?[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:44 AM

I've noticed, the older it gets the more the solids break down. It doesn't seem to affect the luring power. If you don't like it, you can send it to me and I'll see it is properly disposed of.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:45 AM

It is odd that the older looking bottle appears thicker?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:45 AM

A PM would have suficed...

tired

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:46 AM

No no it's hands down the best made. I was just curious

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck
It is odd that the older looking bottle appears thicker?

The old bottle is gone. It seemed it was thicker. I wonder of its because most of the oils dried up and it's just an Illusion

Maybe I'm just Senile
Posted By: banchee

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:48 AM

not touching this lol mr. dobbins can adress all concerns ,you live dangerouly mr. 330 lol

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:51 AM

Honestly I don't think It's different. I'm not a lure maker so Idk if it's normal. The bottle could've been 3 years old even. We put the last little and the bottle out and caught a beaver. This stuff magical

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:53 AM

good recovery lol

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by banchee
not touching this lol mr. dobbins can adress all concerns ,you live dangerouly mr. 330 lol

Not really. If you don't ask you won't learn and you would never know. I'm not even remotely trash talking or bad mouthing. If it's coming across that way ots definitely definitely not intentional

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
A PM would have suficed...

tired

Idk how to look people up to pm

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by banchee
good recovery lol

whistle
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:04 AM

I heard he started using less castor and added more 24K gold to it because its cheaper. smile
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:05 AM

When bottling and it gets toward the bottom of the bucket, it tends to be thinner. My son has been doing most of the bottling and I had to teach him about stirring to keep consistency. The thinner product still works good, but I don't like seeing it that way. He's done much better recently. I've learned to go back and check the work.
If you wish, I will replace any bottles of thinner lure for you.
Y'all will notice soon that the label has changed some. I had Benny redo my labels, and he has done a great job. Dad's image in the background is more noticeable on the new labels.

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
I heard he started using less castor and added more 24K gold to it because its cheaper. smile

LOL, no, but it's getting close to being as valuable.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:07 AM

Very nice.

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:08 AM

um yup

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Originally Posted by ~ADC~

LOL, no, but it's getting close to being as valuable.

grin
Posted By: warrior

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:28 AM

I thought there was something different about the label.

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:36 AM

When bottling and it gets toward the bottom of the bucket, it tends to be thinner. My son has been doing most of the bottling and I had to teach him about stirring to keep consistency. The thinner product still works good, but I don't like seeing it that way. He's done much better recently. I've learned to go back and check the work.
If you wish, I will replace any bottles of thinner lure for you.
Y'all will notice soon that the label has changed some. I had Benny redo my labels, and he has done a great job. Dad's image in the background is more noticeable on the new labels.

No need to replace them. You answered my question I was just curious if there was a reason. Your son learning is fine with me. Because he's gonna keep the family business going long past my time with his kids hopefully my kids gets use your products even.

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 04:38 AM

Never even noticed your dad on it. THATS FANTASTIC

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 05:29 AM

This what the new label looks like.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 06:04 AM

[Linked Image]

I like it. Very Freudian. The ghost of your dad looking out from the label. He is upstairs smiling at that printing of the label. He deserves it.
Nice job , both him and you with the new label.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by 330 Belisle
I bought a bunch from Flemming trap supply and it seems thinner than he jar we had from 2 years ago. When I put it on a stick today it wasn't super thick like I'm used to it was thin and chunky like it would wash away after the rain we get over night. Could it be that it's because i was at the end of a jar?[Linked Image]

You didn't do a taste test?

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cragar

[Linked Image]

I like it. Very Freudian. The ghost of your dad looking out from the label. He is upstairs smiling at that printing of the label. He deserves it.
Nice job , both him and you with the new label.

The old label had his image in the background, but it was more subtle.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 01:21 PM

Id noticed it was thin as well but generally i like a thinner lure, soaks up better on dry wood.

Id never noticed your dad on the label either! I'll have to turn the bottle when making some sets though, he'd be ashamed if he saw some of the junk i do, lol.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 02:05 PM

Yup...me too...didn’t notice the image of dad. But looks good now. All the Backbreaker dealers are cutting the lure with something....just like the cocaine dealers. Paul needs to put a tamper proof seal on the bottles....lol

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 02:09 PM

[Linked Image]

Very Cool !!!
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 02:57 PM

In your Backbreaker formula are you still using the same amount of pixie dust gathered from the wings of fairies? It sure smells good.

[Linked Image]

Re: Did Backbreaker Change? - 02/26/21 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by MnMan
In your Backbreaker formula are you still using the same amount of pixie dust gathered from the wings of fairies? It sure smells good.

[Linked Image]

grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums