Home

Unsafe machines at work

Posted By: coonman220

Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 03:36 AM

I brought this topic up before with lot replies, it has to be illegal an very unsafe to have 1 set palm controls an 2 ooeraters on dangerous machine ,, like a 3500 ton force, press metal stamping punch an press machine , at work many ancient machines are, I finally get tired do all work an get abuse , work cry babies blacks hire for tax cut who cry it to hard work an so I do it, but today again, in press with part an some guy I not get along with a younger who jam on controls an try get machine go, I in lasar lite screen curtain an can't , if fails, I dead , this happens all time, idiots use palm buttons as a hand rest while I do all work an look up air press on buttons , I need seroiusly go, instead make this crap hole a carreer, , just cause pt an stay as work other job an close , but this stuff I talk about , has be major ossia safety violation ?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 03:40 AM

When you take your cat to the vet, take that guy as well and have him snipped. There are enough dumb folks as it is.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 04:02 AM

It's always a hard decision to be a whistle blower and call OSHA. https://www.osha.gov/workers/file-complaint
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 04:02 AM

Why do you continue to put up with this kind of stuff? Why don't you contact your Temp Agency and make them aware of the unsafe environment they have placed you in? What does your supervisor or manager say when you bring these unsafe working conditions to their attention?

I worked in a factory for well over 30 years, I have never heard of as much dangerous working conditions as what you have posted in the last couple of years. As an employee, I feel you have the right (and in some cases, the obligation) to contact OSHA, if the management refuses to make changes to eliminate "known" unsafe and dangerous working conditions. I'm sure there is some type of a "chain of command" at the place where you are working. Follow that process first. If there is a Safety Committee at the plant, bring your concerns to their attention. Most importantly.....DO SOMETHING about the problem before you or someone else is injured or killed!!!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 04:13 AM

? I am try figgure out if this legal to have machines like this,it can't hardly be an other factories don't do this stuff an why should they get away it, apparently ossia does nothing unless fatality , there hope it not happen or don't care , but idea of company hire some dork that don't like u an try get machine to cycle while u in it or just in subordination
Posted By: DWC

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 04:16 AM

Tonight i ran over some netting my wife thought she needed to keep rabbits aways from plants with my 1100 lb lawn tractor. Usually i fashion a collection of boards to create some sort of ramp to put the mower high enuf to pull blades off, but not tonight. I have old steel ramps to put a 4 wheeler in the back of my truck. i drove this up on them and i very quickly and nervously attempted to remove the middle blade, and had to use a pipe on a socket and kick it to release the mess that wound up in the spindle. Pretty sure i was laying down so as to be centered between the ramps should something give.
Now this is probably not the safest or smartest way to go about this. The moral of my story is we all have to go sometime.
Posted By: Savell

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
? I am try figgure out if this legal to have machines like this,it can't hardly be an other factories don't do this stuff an why should they get away it, apparently ossia does nothing unless fatality , there hope it not happen or don't care , but idea of company hire some dork that don't like u an try get machine to cycle while u in it or just in subordination

What you ought to do is snatch that dork up by the collar... spin him around backwards... then jerk his britches down and give him a brutal bare butt whippin with the hardback copy of the safety manual
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 04:40 AM

Dave that's why they have energy lockouts on machines when preforming maintenance and repairs. If you aren't using them, that's on you, you did receive the training yes or are you operating outside of your training?
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 06:23 AM

Coonman, sounds like with the dual palm buttons and safety curtain or (laser lite screen curtain), there are two safety devices. Really three if you consider a properly trained operator. We had a operator with a HUGE gut tell us his safety curtain or (laser lite screen curtain) was bad. Got over there and ever time he would mash the palm buttons his gut would break the curtain. Had to end up moving the palm buttons to keep him from whining or (losing weight). FYI, you might want to be careful. Sounds like you're borderline racist. Black people don't like being called cry babies???
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 06:55 AM

Just saying man my last job was full of rundown crappy old machines and people who didn't wanna work or wanted to do nothing but work, got sick of it after like a year, checked around ,sent in an application now I make $5 more an hour don't have to get up till noon since it's a night shift and work in the A/C. Do you not have anyhother options at all other than to work in that crap hole ?
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 07:46 AM

He has plenty of options for better jobs but he doesn't want to apply. I've listed a few that pay $7 to $9 more an hour and he won't go apply. For some reason he's hung up on his part time custodian job in the evenings. Bodine electric in Peosta has openings for 2nd shift with 4 10 hour shifts and he won't go. I think the part time job in the evenings gives him plenty of time to be on Trapperman or he's got someone he's sweet on working there.

He could go to Crown Holdings in Dubuque if he wanted to be a janitor for more money also but I'm sure that's a no go too.

As usual Savell gave sound advice to Coonman again grin

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Badger23
He has plenty of options for better jobs but he doesn't want to apply. I've listed a few that pay $7 to $9 more an hour and he won't go apply. For some reason he's hung up on his part time custodian job in the evenings. Bodine electric in Peosta has openings for 2nd shift with 4 10 hour shifts and he won't go. I think the part time job in the evenings gives him plenty of time to be on Trapperman or he's got someone he's sweet on working there.

He could go to Crown Holdings in Dubuque if he wanted to be a janitor for more money also but I'm sure that's a no go too.

As usual Savell gave sound advice to Coonman again grin

Earth to Coonman (Dave)?
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Just saying man my last job was full of rundown crappy old machines and people who didn't wanna work or wanted to do nothing but work, got sick of it after like a year, checked around ,sent in an application now I make $5 more an hour don't have to get up till noon since it's a night shift and work in the A/C. Do you not have anyhother options at all other than to work in that crap hole ?

He does have a world of options....He himself chooses to be in this situation.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 09:13 AM

It is all tied to having time off from this part time job to trap. At least that's what I read between the lines.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:48 AM

Not sure why you continue to post about your work conditions. You seem to completely ignore all the suggestions and help that is offered. It's hard to help those that don't want to help themselves
Posted By: EdP

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:53 AM

It's always the same old crap with Coonman. Complain, complain, complain but do nothing. Not a big surprise he only gets work at a temp agency.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 12:16 PM

ossia

Is that near Russia? grin
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 12:54 PM

I know everyone always asks, Why haven't you quit yet....

I want to know why they haven't fired you yet? They must really like you and really want to give you all the chances they can.

Have a great day Dave, even though I'm sure you don't want to.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 12:59 PM

not sure about IA but everywhere I go in WI people are hiring , signs out , banners , adds on the radio

start looking for a new place

or file the complaint and let osha decide if it is a violation
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 01:31 PM

Wait , you saying I should have received a tax credit for the last black guy I hired ?

Or does he have to be a cry baby first
Posted By: Doug Barnes

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 01:48 PM

Dave
At the factory I work at, if the press is hand transfer there has to be a set of palm buttons for each operator. Each operator must push the buttons at the same time to make the presses move. Doesn't matter if there are two operators or four, each one has palm buttons. Safety light curtains are also used on every machine

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
Wait , you saying I should have received a tax credit for the last black guy I hired ?

Or does he have to be a cry baby first

laugh
Posted By: hippie

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 02:25 PM

Try to change whatever your doing that makes everyone dislike you Coonman.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 02:31 PM

Uggghg
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 08:55 PM

cry I still hate my job.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Doug Barnes
Dave
At the factory I work at, if the press is hand transfer there has to be a set of palm buttons for each operator. Each operator must push the buttons at the same time to make the presses move. Doesn't matter if there are two operators or four, each one has palm buttons. Safety light curtains are also used on every machine

They don't got that, that why say, unsafe machines, I got this job over 3 years ago, so u listen what they say an do what tell u to do, strict, but need think about this machine , ur put ur arms, hands, even head in very heavy machine, to put in parts or take out on different stations an in an correctly or else big trouble, so chance lasar lite curtain fail, are preety slim I say but this clown I call anyone that or whatever, dork, anyone that is Trump down on palm buttons like yesterday a younger guy that know if all an was in not good mood or don't like me an didn't care an just decide press controls to cycle machine while I in it, others do it to, I have told new ppl to run controls an I do all work or mist it out in parts as not want them screw up, an they daydream or pay no attention an try get machine go while I in it, if a slim chance the lasar curtain fails an it could happen, I be goner , that what I talk about,supposed be set controls for each operater , the hr, I don't think ever talk me in 3.5 yrs,say in meeting that we have all machines saftey inspected by ossia, that's a lie, I about laugh at that

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 09:26 PM

At old factory in bigger town close , I work 7 months an quit, they had 1 old press brake kinda hidden an old, behind other stuff, rarely used, no lasar lite curtains an had foot pedal though for 2 ooeraters but u could cut hands or fingers off easy if svrewup with no lite curtain

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 09:34 PM

svrewup

Is than in the Ukraine ?? grin

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 09:37 PM

You should get a job with OSHA, since you can identify so many issues.

Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 10:04 PM

I don't think coonman220 could handle working in a belt and line shaft driven workshop!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 10:18 PM

coonman220 I am not from your state. I have a manufacturing company I own in MI. We work closely with MIOSHA and invite them in each year for an inspection. In very rare occasions I have had a disgruntled employee call them with a "concern". In every instance I had to reply with detailed evidence that the concern was not valid or face a visit from them with potential fines. In every instance the identity and shift worked of the employee was not disclosed to me. This is good and frustrating at the same time. One it protects the employee from an employer who may retaliate (which is illegal). At the same time it makes it difficult to problem solve or determine if an issue existed as the complaint is usually vague and not time stamped. Bottom line is in my experience MIOSHA takes every complaint seriously and treats it like a hazard at the same time protecting the employee. BTW and not to be a jerk if any of my employees entered a machine not locked/tagged out they would be fired. If your employer allows this to happen it is an unsafe job. If you are doing it you are being unsafe and could be harmed.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:12 PM

I not talk about lock out tag out, I talk about a huge machine, not go into details touch as someone works there probly already read this and figgure out who I am, I talking about a big machine with 2 operaters an 1 set controls, I in machine with moving or put in parts or take out or whatever got do with hands or body, in production, another operater has hands rested on control buttons an like yesterday, push on them while I'm machine or other cases, not even look at me an just forget go on, daydream or whatever an try cycle machine while my body is in machine, last week, , I don't know who did it, but had the buttons position so the operater couldn't even see me with parts in n out machine an guess when cycle machine, the only thing stop machine is lasar screen, the person run controls, think, ya this fine , I can press on go buttons an if he do something in press, the lasar screen well not let machine work, small chance could fail but easily could happen, I not talk about lock out tag out, I talking about production mode, I notice bunch new temps from another co that there for few wks as there slow, so I see them bysrlf on machine or a few with 2 operaters an 2 controls, I always end up with what I talk about, hard stuff , maybe I not important an get write of as industrial accident an co get out it an say I wasn't supposed be loaf parts machine while jerk is play with go controls , just wondering if this is legal with ossia , as it burns me up, say something whoever do it, does no good or they say, I wasn't push on buttons or I can do that, or get superviser after me an say I wasn't do my job , I belive I call or email ossia once an huge form fill out online, never did , scared say about it at work as cause fights by jerks that do this while I work them , so rely on lasar screen save me , maybe should say that ossia , scared report it boss as retaliation crap job

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:16 PM

Then don’t go into the machine if you don’t want to.

Probably legal, because you don’t like it. I heard their is a policy there, that says it is someone’s job every day to find a way to mess with you.

Also, you state. I think you stated in the last sentence.

I call or email ossia once an huge form fill out online, never did

That tells me that you really don’t care about it or you would have filled out the form.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Then don’t go into the machine if you don’t want to.

Probably legal, because you don’t like it. I heard their is a policy there, that says it is someone’s job every day to find a way to mess with you.

Also, you state. I think you stated in the last sentence.

I call or email ossia once an huge form fill out online, never did

That tells me that you really don’t care about it or you would have filled out the form.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:25 PM

So u are a know it all employer , I don't know but can't see how that legal , I don't think ossia tell u that over phone, or email if legal, u got go with complaint , not like do that but rely on lasar screen save ur arms is not good

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:33 PM

So u are a know it all employer , I don't know but can't see how that legal

I was being a little sarcastic.

No, I’m not a know it all, but, I believe that I am a pretty decent manager with plenty to learn. If one of my people felt unsafe I would have the equipment checked and then I would fix it if something is wrong with it. That would rely on the employee telling me something may be wrong with the equipment and not assuming that I know.

If the equipment is safe, I would explain to the employee that the equipment is functioning correctly and ensure the employee understands that the proper safety precautions are being taken. I would probably also ensure they are trained to use the equipment correctly when they started working for me.

Take care Dave.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:35 PM

If you stick your head in a machine that is energized or controlled by someone else , well you're an idiot !!!!!!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:41 PM

It's your choice to leave at anytime. You had your chance with OSCA and chose not to fill out the form. Stop crying about your job and do something about it. Thank god I am not your employer.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:44 PM

If you stick your head in a machine that is energized or controlled by someone else , well you're an idiot !!!!!!

That what employer what me to do, ya I brain wash work there do that, got stop , can't tolerate someone hands even close buttons, say something them an they complain , I wasn't , just ready , not go put up it nomore , I can't get over how they hire some minority for tax cut , that can't even speak English or understand, an unbelivable pass drug test an have them run controls first day, an use, were busy as excuse an don't really care if get arm chop off, insurance cover it

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/07/21 11:52 PM

That what employer what me to do, ya I brain wash work there do that, got stop , can't tolerate someone hands even close buttons, say something them an they complain , I wasn't , just ready , not go put up it nomore , I can't get over how they hire some minority for tax cut , that can't even speak English or understand, an unbelivable pass drug test an have them run controls first day, an use, were busy as excuse an don't really care if get arm chop off, insurance cover it

You should run and don't look back !!!!!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 12:35 AM

So if sent home for day or fired for refuse work with jerk that can't deal with for try operate machine while do job with parts in machine, an I a temp, can they do that legally ? They do send employees home if do something they don't like
Posted By: bankrunner

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 12:40 AM

It is called OSHA. Occupational safety and health administration.
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 01:21 AM

Why don't you lock out the power in the machine? Our company if we don't lock out in the press doing repairs we are fired on the spot. A mold can squish you like a pancake or a robot arm can pin you against the press and kill you. We have locks that only we can open to turn the power back on. Safe but not bullet proof.

And why is the controller even within reach?!!

If he can't learn the job get rid of him

This is a safety issue, take it to management. If they don't fix it take it to osha.

Just get another job like the rest of us have said over ...over....and over again. Stop complaining if you aren't willing to help yourself.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader
It's your choice to leave at anytime. You had your chance with OSCA and chose not to fill out the form. Stop crying about your job and do something about it. Thank god I am not your employer.

Or a neighbor, one might get accused of using the Cuban death ray on the cats.

Things must be different in Iowa. I drive throughout a good chunk of MN every week. All I see are help wanted signs, 18-20 bucks an hour starting, 2000, 2500 up to 8000 sign on bonuses. The McDonalds up here are paying 15.

Come on Dave, take some stress out of your life and quit.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 02:12 AM

McDonald $15 hr? Manger position ? Ya not going put up that bs at work if stay there, nomore , I can't , squish is right, whatever is in it would be like smash with tons force, I just thinking about it an not go let it happen, untho kabke of damage, u would be dead an not viewable as literally disentgrated, , this is not lock out tag out I talk about, I talking about production mode, turn off machine as a temp or even permant help, ur ask for trouble, ya the more I think this, it bs, time call OSHA, next time it happen next week an I know it well, I going let them know, the second time I head to superviser an if sent home, I done , time to go an complain OSHA , I can't imagine what any part ur body look like be in a press made to punch out holes or an cut an bend metal an smash within less 1/16 inch, it would be horrid the thought of what part ur body in it , actually I think I need look into osha over weekend

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 02:44 AM

I think you need to look at the help wanted ads.

The 15 an hour isn't for management, front line workers. If you are paying attention no one can find help. There is a McDonalds in Florida that is paying people $50 just to apply.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 03:31 AM

There not that desperate around here but there are jobs , $13-$14 for manger at Kwik star , I not into mangement , there nothing to great in that whole industry area I talking about except a couple factories, I don't know about factories anymore
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 03:37 AM

call OSHA or give it up.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 03:48 AM

That what employer what me to do, ya I brain wash work there do that, got stop , I can't get over how they hire some , that can't even speak English or understand, an unbelivable pass drug test an have them run controls

grin
Posted By: corky

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 11:09 AM

There not that desperate around here but there are jobs , $13-$14 for manger at Kwik star , I not into mangement , there nothing to great in that whole industry area I talking about except a couple factories, I don't know about factories anymore

I can't believe you aren't already in mangement.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 11:13 AM

I have worked in a metal manufacture for 20 plus years. OSHA comes through our buildings at least once a year. If there is any findings the equipment gets shut down and the owners get fined. I think OSHA needs to get a phone call and needs to tour the place. They would open some eyes up.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 11:24 AM

You're full of crap. Kwik Star assistant managers start at $17+ an hour minimum. They work at least 45 hours a week and are paid OT over 40 hours. They can't work over 56 hours a week per company policy. I know people that work at Kwik Star and yes they're always hiring because it's a busy job all the time. It's not glamourous and I doubt I'd care for it as you deal with a lot of idiots meaning the general public. I already do that at my job now and I don't want to accelerate it. I wouldn't rule it out entirely though. The employees get bonuses based on how long you've been there, your position and how many hours worked in the year. I work with a lady that's been part time for years and her bonus last year was like $1500. There are employees that get several thousand a year in bonuses there. Another co workers son has been there for 3 years and got put in a lead food prep position and got a $3 an hour raise. Cashier positions are $11.50 minimum to start. Food prep is over $12 to $14 an hour to start. Some areas pay more to start.

Now as far as places to work I've given you several. Bodine Electric looks like a clean place to work, is climate controlled and pays $19 an hour to start and you'd be at $21 in 15 months. There are plenty of jobs in that area. Hormel, Crown Holdings and AY McDonald are just a few. Theisens distribution center is there too along with the huge Duluth trading company distribution center.

Here's a website that you can look on. Wijobnetwork.com Put in Dubuque zip code and watch the jobs pop up. Check out iowajobs.org too.

Good luck but I guarantee you'll be posting about your (this) job in the next month and how it sucks.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 11:32 AM

Call OSHA

1-800-321-6742

Like you said, "if fails, I dead"

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 11:34 AM

You're full of crap. Kwik Star assistant managers start at $17+ an hour minimum. They work at least 45 hours a week and are paid OT over 40 hours. They can't work over 56 hours a week per company policy. I know people that work at Kwik Star and yes they're always hiring because it's a busy job all the time. It's not glamourous and I doubt I'd care for it as you deal with a lot of idiots meaning the general public. I already do that at my job now and I don't want to accelerate it. I wouldn't rule it out entirely though. The employees get bonuses based on how long you've been there, your position and how many hours worked in the year. I work with a lady that's been part time for years and her bonus last year was like $1500. There are employees that get several thousand a year in bonuses there. Another co workers son has been there for 3 years and got put in a lead food prep position and got a $3 an hour raise. Cashier positions are $11.50 minimum to start. Food prep is over $12 to $14 an hour to start. Some areas pay more to start.

Now as far as places to work I've given you several. Bodine Electric looks like a clean place to work, is climate controlled and pays $19 an hour to start and you'd be at $21 in 15 months. There are plenty of jobs in that area. Hormel, Crown Holdings and AY McDonald are just a few. Theisens distribution center is there too along with the huge Duluth trading company distribution center.

Here's a website that you can look on. Wijobnetwork.com Put in Dubuque zip code and watch the jobs pop up. Check out iowajobs.org too.

Good luck but I guarantee you'll be posting about your (this) job in the next month and how it sucks.

Mic drop. Some excellent advice given here.

Badger 23 cares more about coonman's career and livliehood than coonman does.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 11:52 AM

Morning fellas.

Great advice guys, too bad it is falling on deaf ears.

He is not looking for solutions or to change his circumstances. That is obvious because he has never taken or accepted any of the advice or recommendations offered to him.

He is just looking to complain and hear his opinion repeated back to him.

You’re right Dave, you have it worse than everyone and they are all out to get you. That factory should have been closed years ago and OSHA doesn’t do anything for workplace safety.

They want you to get crushed so they can claim it on insurance and get a tax break for it and not have to worry about worker’s compensation.

Dang that sucks Dave!
Posted By: Klemke

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 12:13 PM

It is expensive to run an unsafe factory. One major injury will cost the years profit. The damage I've seen you post about the dies and machines would be outrageous to fix. It's a business and even if all leadership looked at was the bottom line it would not be profitable!
I've worked for the same company for 26 years with presses like you talk about and have seen workers that talk like you come and go, I'd love to talk with one of your coworkers or see your productivity.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by corky

I can't believe you aren't already in mangement.

Tell them you want a job in the Human Resource Department. grin

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 03:27 PM

Flexible schedule

Attached picture 87E886CA-D63C-4A2D-9F95-CA4C3AD48934.jpeg

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 03:30 PM

Those wage prices sound inflated to me a little, $14 hr work at McDonald's , unbelivable around here, there might be 2 good factories in whole area ur talking about , because 1 job, all can really handle is another part time

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 03:34 PM

If you put half the effort into bettering your job as you do whining, you'd be rich.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Klemke
It is expensive to run an unsafe factory. One major injury will cost the years profit. The damage I've seen you post about the dies and machines would be outrageous to fix. It's a business and even if all leadership looked at was the bottom line it would not be profitable!
I've worked for the same company for 26 years with presses like you talk about and have seen workers that talk like you come and go, I'd love to talk with one of your coworkers or see your productivity.

My productivity well beat or match some other better workers in plant,I well beat most others in productivity , idk less how much it cost to fix unsafe machines or what they do, if I walk out door an someone gets there head caught in machine, idk less , aslong as not me, I asking about wether that should've like that with 2 operaters an 1 control an some dorks they hire out try get machine to cycle while I do my job with move parts in machine or oil bfore something with parts in production an I think should find out more about this instead take for granted a lasar lite curtain screen well save me everyday while work next to idiot , how do u know about my productivity , I find myself work next to slackers alot
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:04 PM

My productivity well beat or match some other better workers in plant,I well beat most others in productivity , idk less how much it cost to fix unsafe machines or what they do, if I walk out door an someone gets there head caught in machine, idk less , aslong as not me, I asking about wether that should've like that with 2 operaters an 1 control an some dorks they hire out try get machine to cycle while I do my job with move parts in machine or oil bfore something with parts in production an I think should find out more about this instead take for granted a lasar lite curtain screen well save me everyday while work next to idiot , how do u know about my productivity , I find myself work next to slackers alot

You have been told several time already, YES IT IS ILLEGAL TO NOT HAVE A SEPARATE SET OF PALM BUTTONS FOR EVERY OPERATOR ON THE PRESS. If you have any conscience you'll call OSHA so no one get killed, and quit the job. You were told this years ago but you still won't do anything to improve your situation.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:07 PM

They’re just dorks ADC so who cares... I’m with coonman

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Savell
They’re just dorks ADC so who cares... I’m with coonman

He won't take your sound advice either. If he did, he wouldn't have to worry about that job.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:11 PM

... coonman knows what he’s doing... y’all need to back off with all the high and mighty advice in here... he’s got a bunch of dorks running around in there for goodness sakes !

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:13 PM

I got to go skin out some frog legs

... Keep on keeping on Coonman!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:14 PM

Ya I guess it is then, I can't believe they do this or so much of it, I could see a little but awful lot , almost but not quite every machine, on old machines, 2 controls, they don't work right an have lots problem with get machine cycle an slower or operaters oftentimes can't get the depress palm buttons at exactly same second or it just don't work, it is easy said then done to just job hop as in my situation but should happen, but I thinking about how long been there an do what they say an you are taking for granted that no accident well happen an everthing is safe like person not thinking next to u push on controls while I oiling or production parts in machine , alot this is in mangement of the place, lot jobs around but find 1 part time without traveling far, can be done but lot looking,some this wage prices posted are a gimmick, u get the job an find out that not start at $14 hr at McDonald's , more like $8 hr, I don't believe that , cashier at Kwik star is probly $12-12.50 at best, maybe $13, maybe I'm wisc or Illinois
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:18 PM

English probably need to be your first language to get into management.

Unless you can find a company that speaks Boomhauer.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:19 PM

Hey coonman I got some great big ol bullfrogs in a fish basket outside I’m about to skin ... do you want to see a picture of them ?
Posted By: Tailhunter

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:20 PM

https://youtu.be/Hpc9e3D8af8

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:29 PM

I pay my instructors $13.49 per hour.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tailhunter

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:31 PM

what's the name and address of the place, Dave?

*I'LL* call OSHA.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:41 PM

Requisition: 116664
Range Min: $13.83
Shift: Variable

Already a Kwik Trip Co-worker? Follow this link to apply:

Assistant Food Service Leader

Kwik Trip is seeking energetic, outgoing and positive people to make a difference in the communities we serve. Our Assistant Food Service Leaders are responsible for our food program. They prepare foods, delegate tasks, train coworkers, resolve customer complaints, set the example for excellent customer service, ensure the team focuses on achieving daily goals, assist with merchandising, and most importantly ensure that the highest quality of customer service is being met on a daily basis

Requirements:

* Great people skills

* Enjoy a fast paced work environment

* Ability to problem solve challenges and shift priorities quickly

* Desire to help others

* Maintain a clean and inviting store

* 6 months food experience including customer service and food prep

* Ability to get others motivated to complete tasks and meet goals

* Knowledgeable on food safety and sanitation

* Lift up to 50lbs, walk/stand up to 8-10 hours per day

* Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) primarily 2nd shift

Kwik Trip has rated as a Top Workplace several years running, both nationally and in the states that we operate. We live by our mission, treating others how we would like to be treated and we strive to make a difference in people's lives. Our mission drives how we operate as a business as well as how we approach staffing our stores. We are a family owned company and share 40% of pre-tax profits with all their coworkers. Our teams are loaded with fun, ambitious and energetic people that make work enjoyable and brighten the days of our guests.

Kwik Trip is an innovative company that offers a variety of careers paths, from Retail Leadership to our Support Center and Production and Distribution Facilities. Many Assistant Food Service Leaders throughout the company have developed the skills to take on new challenges and other leadership roles within the company.

Kwik Trip, Inc. OVERVIEW:

For over 50 years, Kwik Trip, Inc. has operated friendly, clean, trusted, family-owned, local convenience stores in communities throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. With a commitment to generosity, Kwik Trip, Inc. is dedicated to treating co-workers and guests like family. We continue to look for ways to improve our guest shopping experience and product offerings, as well as to ensure we provide a safe and fun work environment for our co-workers. We offer competitive wage and benefits and continue to invest in our family of co-workers and provide them with career advancement and growth opportunities.

Kwik Trip, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

Function: Customer Service; Grocery; Restaurant - Food Service; Retail

Here you go Coonman. $13.83 Minimum starting pay.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:44 PM

Job Description
Camso, the Road Free company is active in 27 countries around the world with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. It has 3 R&D centers and 22 manufacturing plants and operates an international distribution network in over 100 countries.

Camso in Peosta has an immediate opening for a 1st Shift - Assembler. Working hours vary but will primarily be 5:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. This is a permanent, full time position.

General Description:
This position is responsible for the safety, quality and production of Camso parts and services. They are accountable for ensuring scheduled production is completed in a timely manner and within all safety and quality parameters in line.

Duties/Responsibilities:

Manually assembling production parts using provided machines and tooling.
Practices safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines.
Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of standard work instructions and how they apply to specific responsibilities.
Follows accurate verbal and written procedures in operating production equipment and performing processing steps; accurately completes appropriate production documentation.
Identifies, escalates and documents events that deviate from normal operation; participate as needed in investigations.
Assists with training for less experienced personnel.
Interacts with other support functions such as Quality and Maintenance.
Utilizes manufacturing knowledge to improve process operations and affect positive change.
Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical operations.
Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions and ideas.
Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of operational area (5S).
Operating knowledge of assigned equipment.
Willingness to cross train in other departments.
Overtime will be required from time to time and this may require weekends.
Support the EMS, QMS & H&S systems.
Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.

Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to work in a fast pace work environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hold, push, pull, lift and carry items up to 45 pounds.
This job requires the repeated and coordinated use of your arms, hands, wrists, and fingers to grasp small or large objects and to use small parts (e.g., bolts, screws) and handheld tools (e.g., wrenches, screwdrivers, torque tools) to put them together.
This job requires that you pay careful attention to what you are doing. You will need to make sure that whatever you are responsible for assembling is done safe, correct, and accurate.
Education and Experience:

High School Diploma/G.E.D. required.
Valid driver’s license.
Basic troubleshooting skills.
Basic math skills.
1-2 years’ experience in manufacturing preferred.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments act (ADAAA: American Disabilities Act as Amended), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Camso, please email renae.bettcher@camso.co
Camso is an equal employment opportunity employer and an affirmative action federal contractor

Job Summary
CompanyCamso Manufacturing USA Ltd.
Start Date04/06/2021
Employment Term and TypeRegular, Full Time
Work Hours (i.e. shift)1st Shift
Salary and Benefits $18.90 We offer great health coverage, (Medical, Dental, Vision) 401(k), profit sharing, health savings account, flexible spending, 11 paid holidays and much more.
Required EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Required Experience1 to 2 years

There you go $18.90 an hour to start for 1st shift. It reads like your qualified with your experience.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:47 PM

I've figured out a few things that coonman DON'T like from all these threads
Mexicans (especially those with big bulges in their pockets)
Blacks (they are crybabies and only hired because of tax write off)
Working a full time job
Dorks at work
Sound advice

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:50 PM

Coonman do you really want me to keep going?? I'll post more but I'll probably go wander around outside for awhile and may take a nap later. I worked midnight to 10am this morning so I'm a little tired.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 04:50 PM

... here you go coonman... big ol bullfrogs to take your mind off of being crushed to death Monday

[Linked Image]

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 05:47 PM

Job Description
Camso, the Road Free company is active in 27 countries around the world with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. It has 3 R&D centers and 22 manufacturing plants and operates an international distribution network in over 100 countries.

Camso in Peosta has an immediate opening for a 1st Shift - Assembler. Working hours vary but will primarily be 5:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. This is a permanent, full time position.

General Description:
This position is responsible for the safety, quality and production of Camso parts and services. They are accountable for ensuring scheduled production is completed in a timely manner and within all safety and quality parameters in line.

Duties/Responsibilities:

Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of standard work instructions and how they apply to specific responsibilities.
Follows accurate verbal and written procedures in operating production equipment and performing processing steps; accurately completes appropriate production documentation.
Identifies, escalates and documents events that deviate from normal operation; participate as needed in investigations.
Utilizes manufacturing knowledge to improve process operations and affect positive change.
Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.

The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hold, push, pull, lift and carry items up to 45 pounds.
This job requires the repeated and coordinated use of your arms, hands, wrists, and fingers to grasp small or large objects and to use small parts (e.g., bolts, screws) and handheld tools (e.g., wrenches, screwdrivers, torque tools) to put them together.
This job requires that you pay careful attention to what you are doing. You will need to make sure that whatever you are responsible for assembling is done safe, correct, and accurate.

Valid driver’s license.
Basic math skills.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments act (ADAAA: American Disabilities Act as Amended), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Camso, please email renae.bettcher@camso.co
Camso is an equal employment opportunity employer and an affirmative action federal contractor

Job Summary
Start Date04/06/2021
Salary and Benefits $18.90 We offer great health coverage, (Medical, Dental, Vision) 401(k), profit sharing, health savings account, flexible spending, 11 paid holidays and much more.

There you go $18.90 an hour to start for 1st shift. It reads like your qualified with your experience.
that wage is attracting , could ask if hire pt, I doubt it but could try ask HR there, not hack full time an another pt job every day also is problem an not want quit other pt job can stand an work good but problems much walking around lot, worth look into an not be so scared new jobs, starting over new is not fun, if it was pt of possible, a extra $150 a week more is attractive as what make now, at 1 job, could blow not to far from half week check at Walmart on weekly grocery's

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 06:05 PM

You wouldn’t like it coonman... doesn’t sound dangerous and exciting at all ... assembling parts? .. that’s for dorks

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 06:20 PM

what's the name/address of where you're complaining about?

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 06:31 PM

This here is going to be some good eatin Coonman...have you ever had fried frog legs ?

[Linked Image]

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 06:33 PM

Looks good!!!! Some fries as a side.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 06:36 PM

Nope! Ain’t gonna say it.

Looking forward to some frog legs soon.

Nice catch Savell.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 06:59 PM

Dave, since you think people are lying to you about wages some companies are offering, I wonder if you're telling the truth about the so-called "unsafe" working conditions? And...I'm beginning to doubt that your productivity and quality levels are as high as you say. If they were, you would be paid a better wage AND the company would have offered you a full time position by now.

Also....keep in mind what kinds of names you are calling people or are classifying them as. You've already had a vacation of sorts due to you labeling people. So, don't go down that path again or we may not get to hear from you on here again.

The best advice I could give you is for you to get your hearing checked. It's painfully obvious, you're not listening to what people are saying. I really wish the best for in whatever you decide to do, but things won't get better in your life until you are ready for them to be better. Be safe my friend!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 08:29 PM

If this is true, why are you working for a temp agency when it would be cheaper to hire you direct if you are so good?????? Your company pays the temp agency $6 or $7 an hour plus your $12 an hour, they could pay you $15 if hired you. Something doesn't add up. Being there at the temp agency you have met the quota for hours for your contract, like I said before 99% of temps never are worth the energy to hire full time, there are reasons.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 08:38 PM

I not lieing? They pay same exact thing wether u work for company or temp agency , but u get some crap benifits, as part time, not worth it,, not many there even get $15 hr, if with company,possibly $1 dollar more a hr, my productivity is tops, very hard to beat, if I like to be racist , that up to me with good reason, I have my beliefs, I sick talk about it, I guess if u wanna call me a worthless temp, whatever

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 08:55 PM

Guess we will just have to take your word for it.

I am glad you acknowledge you are a racist, although you are mistaken that you have a good reason. You had an issue with a person or persons who happened to be a different race than you.

I hope that you can work through this and accept people for who the are, not judge them based on their race.

You should judge a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin.

Do better!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 09:09 PM

Am I the only one lost in a sauce here ? He's a top producing employee, seems like the place is small beans compared to what he can do. Unsafe machinery something about black people yadda yadda yadda aaannnnnnddd yet your still there crazy Like something here ain't adding up. Not to mention you've had multiple people offer to help you get in a better place multiple times, like if anything I'd quit just to get in a better work environment....m

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
I don't think coonman220 could handle working in a belt and line shaft driven workshop!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice shop!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 09:24 PM

Am I the only one lost in a sauce here ? He's a part time top producing employee, seems like the place is small beans compared to what he can do. Unsafe machinery something about black people yadda yadda yadda aaannnnnnddd yet your still there crazy Like something here ain't adding up. Not to mention you've had multiple people offer to help you get in a better place multiple times, like if anything I'd quit just to get in a better work environment....m

Fixed it for you Wolfdog
Posted By: 41cal

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 09:27 PM

Coonman220 Life is too short to put up with all that. It's hard to start over, but once you make up your mind to move on
you will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner.

Of course, you could do nothing and then 5 years from now still be complaining
about how bad your job sucks!!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 09:57 PM

Dave .... People work part time for any number of reasons:
1) they need extra money .... understandable we all probably been there at one time
2) they can't find full time work .... sometimes multiple pt jobs; but, not in todays labor market
3) they don't need money .... just looking for something productive to contribute
4) they can't work full time due to disabilities
5) they are just plain lazy
Or
6) any combination of the above.

Sorry, forgot one;
7) they got their priorities all mixed wrong.

Which above are you?
Can't look for a full time job paying $3 - $5/hr more, cause it might interfere with working another partime job or a pastime which you loss money at?

Me thinks you just seeks attention by complaining 'WOE IS ME' JMO
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 10:08 PM

Job Description

General Description:

Duties/Responsibilities:

Valid driver’s license.
Basic math skills.

Job Summary
Start Date04/06/2021

that wage is attracting , could ask if hire pt, I doubt it but could try ask HR there, not hack full time an another pt job every day also is problem an not want quit other pt job can stand an work good but problems much walking around lot, worth look into an not be so scared new jobs, starting over new is not fun, if it was pt of possible, a extra $150 a week more is attractive as what make now, at 1 job, could blow not to far from half week check at Walmart on weekly grocery's

Why not work one better job with decent benefits full time, rather than 2 part time jobs, that don't give you much of anything????

Keith

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 10:09 PM

Just saying if you want part time I reccomed Lowes. I work part time unloading , still get 7-10 hours a day don't have to be in till 4p.m . Honestly it's basically full time hours on a part time schedule and it leaves your mornings open for trapping or running errands ect... Just saying
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 10:19 PM

Now you got the right bait
Look at all them bites.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by wetdog
Now you got the right bait
Look at all them bites.

grin
Posted By: corky

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/08/21 10:36 PM

See if Finster will hire you to install his windows.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 12:15 AM

A question, if the company pays full timers and the people from the temp agency the same how does the temp agency make any money? I still say it all has to do with working there because you take time off to trap every year and they don't seem to care. And if you are not taking time off how do you work day and night job with your knee and still trap?

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 12:51 AM

Coonman, This is off of Indeed.com. You can check out Bodines website and see the job description yourself. I've mentioned it multiple times before. 4 10 hour days 3:30p -2am.

Bodine Electric Company 3.8
Peosta, IA 52068
$17.92 - $21.16 an hour
Easily apply
Assemblers have an important role in the manufacturing process.
They assemble both the finished product (fractional horsepower gearmotors and motors) and the…
Active 2 days ago
Posted By: trappingthomas

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 01:13 AM

Dang. Lost in translation, for me, was that this is your part time job. No advice. Other than... Look at the frog legs posted and just think of possible greener pastures!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 03:00 AM

I not sure what temp agency gets, $50 bucks a week for 25 hrs of work ? They pay same for temp or with company for fact , but temps cheaper, no benifits, an temp place has have insurance if get hurt work, , I don't like temp agency ppl an never call them , ya to work 4 -10 hr days with another pt job every nite, nope , it have be pt an not really wanna drive thru rush hr big city unless got to, it have pay lot,wear pickup out if what left it, not really wanna quit a easy pt nite job at $14 hr that had go on 6 yrs that don't fit be to at exact time asking as show up an not very hard work , I never got any time off for trapping , nothing other unpay holidays, just trapping between jobs , not many traps set that weren't lethal sets if not check next morning early

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 03:03 AM

name and address of your factory?

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 03:55 AM

Why u going call them up or email this post to them ?

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 03:56 AM

I know the company my wife works for pays Sedonia temp agency half the hirees wage. If you pay them $12 per hour, Sedonia gets $6 per hour off . So they pay $18 per hour total. They only hire those workers if they have to, most don't show up or extremely worthless. Sedonia temp has a contract with the company for like 350 hours and you can't hire them full-time unless contract is up or you buy them out at $6 x hours left on contract( for example). This is fact for my wife's company.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 03:57 AM

He will be the whistleblower since you are too chicken to do it.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 04:07 AM

Just stay where you're at and quit complaining. If you went to Bodine you wouldn't be working the part time job any more period. You'd have 1 job that pays more than both of your jobs. You'd also have benefits, paid vacation time, paid holidays off etc. It's not a hard concept to get that. I don't know why you'd think you were going to be working at 2 places at the same time.

You just don't want to work period and that's becoming obvious although I was holding onto optimism. You'd rather lose money trapping than work and make money. You'd have time to run traps and make sets before you went to work in the afternoon. Once again it's not a hard concept. I done it before when I was on night shift getting out at 3 or 4 am, You'd also have 3 days off a week. It can easily be done but it's easier for you to say it can't.

I haven't trapped for years because of the low prices and back a few years ago when they were higher I was working FT getting some OT there along with working a part time job. I had stretches of 63 and 57 days in a row and several over 30 where I was working one or the other and sometimes both in the same day. It didn't leave much time to trap,fish etc. You have to make a decision if your hobby is more important than your finances. It seems like you've made that choice and that's fine just don't complain about losing money doing it.

Also you're forgetting in a previous post you said you work 300 yards from Bodine now so you're not going to be driving through Dubuque anyway. The distance is no different. Both manufacturing jobs I posted are in Peosta where you work now. You're grasping at straws to come up with excuses of why they won't work. In reality it's you that doesn't want to work. I guess I just didn't want to see it. I don't know if there's anybody that can help you.

Good luck and I do mean that.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 04:22 AM

Just stay where you're at and quit complaining. If you went to Bodine you wouldn't be working the part time job any more period. You'd have 1 job that pays more than both of your jobs. You'd also have benefits, paid vacation time, paid holidays off etc. It's not a hard concept to get that. I don't know why you'd think you were going to be working at 2 places at the same time.

You just don't want to work period and that's becoming obvious although I was holding onto optimism. You'd rather lose money trapping than work and make money. You'd have time to run traps and make sets before you went to work in the afternoon. Once again it's not a hard concept. I done it before when I was on night shift getting out at 3 or 4 am, You'd also have 3 days off a week. It can easily be done but it's easier for you to say it can't.

I haven't trapped for years because of the low prices and back a few years ago when they were higher I was working FT getting some OT there along with working a part time job. I had stretches of 63 and 57 days in a row and several over 30 where I was working one or the other and sometimes both in the same day. It didn't leave much time to trap,fish etc. You have to make a decision if your hobby is more important than your finances. It seems like you've made that choice and that's fine just don't complain about losing money doing it.

Also you're forgetting in a previous post you said you work 300 yards from Bodine now so you're not going to be driving through Dubuque anyway. The distance is no different. Both manufacturing jobs I posted are in Peosta where you work now. You're grasping at straws to come up with excuses of why they won't work. In reality it's you that doesn't want to work. I guess I just didn't want to see it. I don't know if there's anybody that can help you.

Good luck and I do mean that.

Yup!!! I think you have figured it out also.. he doesn’t want to work. He wants full time pay on a super part time job, or jobs. So he can lose money trapping a few months a year.

Dave won’t listen to any of this though.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 06:21 AM

No sense in posting anymore with antis attack me on every post , I don't know who use are but definately want not a thing do with or talk to about Anything

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 11:34 AM

Anti what?? You seriously got that out of the multiple posts by multiple people that are trying to help you improve yourself? crazy

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 11:41 AM

Doesn't want the help. Just wants to vent.
Posted By: possum63

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 11:47 AM

After reading your threads for the last few years Dave, I see one thing...... You should be concerned about all of your complaints.

#1. "Dorks"
#2. "Race"
#3. Constant complaining
#4. You seem very unhappy in life and that's sad. Nobody should be this unhappy.

If you talk this way around the people you work with your likely to become an accident in the workplace.

I too was miserable in my job. I quit. Now I'm happy. But I don't rely on factory jobs. You need to find something that your good at and enjoy. Quit your job and become self-employed. You can keep your "easy" part time job and set your own hours being your own boss.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 12:42 PM

I'm not going to email them this post.

I was going to report them to OSHA, since you are afraid to.

Let OSHA sort it out.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by bankrunner

He will be the whistleblower since you are too chicken to do it.

THIS!
Posted By: cattails

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 01:06 PM

No sense in posting anymore with antis attack me on every post , I don't know who use are but definately want not a thing do with or talk to about Anything

Making life changes can be extremely painful. Many times we don't see that our own way of looking at things may be causing our troubles. It takes people who care to tell you EXACTLY what you need to hear to get your attention. Dave, I don't understand these machinery issues.... But I think it's time to listen to your trapperman family.....they're trying to help you
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 01:23 PM

Badger23 I really commend you on your effort to help Dave out, but after all you've done he just gets mad and calls everyone an anti??? I really don't think he wants a full time job with vacation, holiday pay and great benefits so he could get that knee fixed, because then he wouldn't have anything to complain about

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 01:28 PM

Just remember Dave, when the investigations begin ... your social media is not your own.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by RM trapper
Badger23 I really commend you on your effort to help Dave out, but after all you've done he just gets mad and calls everyone an anti??? I really don't think he wants a full time job with vacation, holiday pay and great benefits so he could get that knee fixed, because then he wouldn't have anything to complain about

In all reality, I think none of coonman's post are true. I believe he is a troll that just keeps stringing all of us good hard working, non complaining, people along.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 02:46 PM

... exactly Coonman....bunch of dadgum dorks acting like they know everything
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 03:34 PM

Coonman just tell these anti's that trapping is not a job it is who you are and you need to be who you are no matter how silly it may seem to 99 percent of the human population to trap coon for $5 a piece. You are a contrare and these are special people who should be revered not bullied by internut bullies. This is America where you are free not to have to earn a living and that is what makes America great.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 03:54 PM

It finally clicked in my little brain and I went and looked this whole post he started about his job, people he works with and safety is almost the same as one he posted in 2019.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 05:31 PM

He's trolling us. Lots of good, decent, hard working people stepped up and genuinely try to help, posted job links, info etc.

He calls them 'anti's' as thanks.

He either lives for the drama and then whining about it or is a troll...

Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 06:30 PM

He's just a mental basket case either way, he's been here a long time now and has always been this way.

Probably just now realizing his remarks are no longer worth reading, after what he feels or wanted as attacks.

Had to leave on his remarks and not someone else's !

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 06:44 PM

Whatever, I have decided start tommorow when ever I work another an they at controls, it going be big deal if hands even close to palm buttons, tired rely on lasar lite screen, for not get hands chop off, an ya, tired miniature paychecks but it is something I guess , maybe move on, I don't care about what they do there aslong as I not danger of arms cut off , I look OSHA form online, not into rat ppl off but always something think about, that should not be though,anyone could press controls while another in it, forget , become distracted , as many times as push buttons

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 06:50 PM

That’s the spirit Coonman! ... be assertive... let those dorks and coloreds know you’re the top hand around there

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 07:06 PM

"maybe move on".

Unbelievable! The job makes you unhappy, a man can put up with it if the pay is good. You can replace that job in a heartbeat.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 09:46 PM

Why can you rat on people here that work with you, but you can't do it to make your work safer for you and them there ?

You are a walking contradiction in life, you realize the problems with safety there, but ignore them to justify your paycheck, because you don't wish to trouble yourself at your age to find another safer job, that may pay less but be the same amount cause you work longer hours than you are now.

You wish for advise to help your situation, then ignore it because it does not meet your criteria of time at work or amount of driving you might have to do, regardless if it pays more !

Something smells with all your stories of lame work conditions, if it was this awful you would be writing of all the accidents there, which would shut the place down as unsafe and then you would be out of work.

OSHA does not fool around with major accident complaints, they may warn about bad plugs and extension cords, however if there is a problem complain about any kind of machinery operation they are on it like a covid infection !!

You are guarded by them in event of complaint, company can not do you wrong, if they even try to screw around with you they can be fined over and over again, you would know this if you had the courage years ago to make the first claim about un-safe practices and equipment.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 10:15 PM

I wouldn't want them to know it, retaliate, OSHA had maybe never been there , I heard some factories from someone that they don't vist unless something happen, just big ones knowen, not sure

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 10:59 PM

It is illegal for them to retaliate. It is also confidential when you file a complaint.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 11:30 PM

While it is confidential in your report, OSHA coming out and going right to the machine your working on with your history of complaint to the company, probably would cancel that out, however if OSHA gets wind of them company making things even the smallest thing a problem for you, they are in fine city !

OSHA is there for the people not the company, though they wish the company to have a safe working area, they have no qualms about shutting any machinery down if thats what it takes before it is safe to operate and the people doing so are comfortable doing so, and also trained properly to do so.

If you do not wish attention to your self, you should not be complaining to them and should be working to keep your self safe
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/09/21 11:48 PM

If it was me collect your social security at 62 and work part time or under table and probably be farther ahead than you are now.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/10/21 03:02 AM

Just call your local news affiliate and local chapter of the NAACP. They can help you out.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/10/21 03:06 AM

Must be offseason, coonmans thread lasting 7 pages. I swore I wouldnt open this thread but after seven pages I just had to look, yup, a train wreck.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/10/21 11:40 PM

Hey Y’all!

Hope y’all had a good day at work! I sure did, we should be able to teach full classes next year!!

My one instructor, I put in for an award at our national conference! He truly is a great instructor who exemplifies the role he does and really everything he does he is great at!!

I have to work on one of our pieces of equipment to make sure it is safe!

Just like every year. (General, yearly maintenance)

Have a great week being awesome.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:12 AM

I went fishing....they were not biting today.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:21 AM

Hate when that happens!!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:22 AM

Flounder should pick up soon, also stripers..

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by hippie

Lost creek has fish in it. Caught 5 before work at the Jericho dam.
Now I'm listening to the turkeys go to roost.
Life is good.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:39 AM

I heard the sportsman club stocked that pretty good. I usually fish over at the Old mill.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:42 AM

I went to Purry county today.Lol. barely

I was on laurel run in Liberty Valley

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:45 AM

If it wasn't for the trout clubs, there wouldn't be enough fish in our creeks to make it worth going fishing.
Lickin creek is full of trout also.
And don't forget the Quissaquilla. Love that creek. BIG TROUT

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:47 AM

I went to Purry county today.Lol. barely

I was on laurel run in Liberty Valley

Descent creek. I like Horse valley too. Lots of browns

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 12:51 AM

Yep, could only catch natives today tho.

Been fishing Licking crick, needed a change of scenery today.

I worked for Naces Fruit farm during the summer in my school days and was friends with them.they lived up on top the hill back then.
After working, we'd jump in to cool off on the corner where you were. Fun times!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:35 AM

Y’all after trout, we only have stocked trout.. would love to get after some trout that live there year round!!

Any hot tips? Other than “in the water”?

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:37 AM

Lost creek has fish in it. Caught 5 before work at the Jericho dam.
Now I'm listening to the turkeys go to roost.
Life is good.

Sounds like a great time!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:41 AM

Licking crick has plenty of both up in the state forest.

The crick he was on, Lost crick , has natives a little further upstream of where he was which is near Oakland Mills.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:44 AM

Nice!

Gonna have to give it a try.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:44 AM

Y’all after trout, we only have stocked trout.. would love to get after some trout that live there year round!!

Any hot tips? Other than “in the water”?

Follow most stocked streams upstream and you should find holdover fish.
My favorite lure is $10 yo zurri pins minnow in the Gold Flame
And a rapala husky jerk in the Tennessee shad.
Hope this helps

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:46 AM

Nice!

Gonna have to give it a try.

I was up there Saturday and caught ten or so stockers (mostly Browns but a couple Rainbows) and probably that many natives.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:49 AM

The crick he was on, Lost crick , has natives a little further upstream of where he was which is near Oakland Mills.

Hippie, did you ever fish Lost Creek to its source? I used to do it every year.
Now it's on my list of, Things to do one more time.
Before my time ends.

And I heard 2 toms go to roost less than 200 yards from my yard.
Maybe late to work in the morning
Hope I don't fire myself for being late. Lol

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:52 AM

Thanks! I will catch a few hopefully when I am up there next.

For everyone else... Pennsylvania is a terrible place to hunt and fish. Same with the Delmarva Peninsula.

Horrible place. Don’t even waste your time.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:56 AM

Don't forget it's also a terrible place to trap red fox.
And everything else.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 01:59 AM

Don't forget it's also a terrible place to trap red fox.
And everything else.

Fact

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 02:00 AM

Hippie, did you ever fish Lost Creek to its source? I used to do it every year.
Now it's on my list of, Things to do one more time.
Before my time ends.

And I heard 2 toms go to roost less than 200 yards from my yard.
Maybe late to work in the morning
Hope I don't fire myself for being late. Lol

Yep. We use to drive the mountain for Deer in the Kettle we called it. It gets pretty small once yo get up past lost crick camp.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 02:04 AM

You guys are really hijacking a very important thread. laugh

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Yep

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 02:11 AM

Must be an anti!!!

laugh laugh grin

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 02:15 AM

I stuck myself with a hook, should I call OSHA?
Back on track! laugh

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/11/21 02:18 AM

You better go get a shot for that
It could get Infected

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/13/21 05:47 PM

Ya what I say is all true an still work there yet, scared change, would loose nite job if did, another crap week , at least this week no unsafe press operaters, ya work do is worth 18 a hr, but don't get it , I think they read what I post , I can't believe they hire CPL girls in there 20 s that don't look like a guy, of few girls there, they look like guys, I notice in factory's bfore, some, u run into stuff like girls like girls an dress up like guy or guys go after each other, easy pessy jobs for them an I am sure start off at much higher pay then me, yes it is not fair, they have some temp help from a slow factory at travel pay for motel an I heard $30 bucks hr, most are not to good on machines, idk

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/13/21 06:35 PM

That's too bad. If you could just find a job that pays $18 an hour.... Oh wait. Nah, nevermind.

Sadly, I'm sure you actually think they read what you post. crazy crazy
I'm confident they've never heard of Trapperman but keep on keeping on.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/13/21 08:46 PM

Who are u an where u work ? A different job could easily be coming this summer , I have had enough these hotask for one thing, I can't breathe , it makes me sick an move mask oil on it , sick yesterday from one kind oil breathe it thru mask

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/13/21 09:42 PM

Most of us are waiting for you to tell us what company is the death trap you're working for first. Also we're trying to understand why you don't just go get a different job.

I'm just a working guy who used to trap,and actively hunts. That's how I found this site. With the present prices it doesn't make sense to trap unless it's for predator control or a hobby you can afford to lose money on. Who I am is not important as I'm not complaining here about unsafe working conditions on a weekly basis. I live in SW WI.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/13/21 10:05 PM

Let’s all list our jobs and names so Dave can see if we are allowed to give advice or ask questions.

Really, to repeat the answer he already wants to hear.

I am Rob from Delaware and I am a part time wife moocher! The pay is not bad, but the benefits are awesome!!!!

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/13/21 10:13 PM

I wouldn't worry about your company reading your post. We can't even understand them most of the time.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/13/21 11:58 PM

Most of us are waiting for you to tell us what company is the death trap you're working for first. Also we're trying to understand why you don't just go get a different job.

I'm just a working guy who used to trap,and actively hunts. That's how I found this site. With the present prices it doesn't make sense to trap unless it's for predator control or a hobby you can afford to lose money on. Who I am is not important as I'm not complaining here about unsafe working conditions on a weekly basis. I live in SW WI.

I thought maybe u were work at same place I at , definately my fault that trapping turn out be so bad in loose money , try different things hope next season with not so much drive around, get be habit with hobby, not enough good places trap an not go about it right I guess, should try so long, prices way to low yes, hard break even, try more for rats next season with some extended checks in colder weather

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 12:04 AM

Why don't you get a job at Burger Whopper for $15 an hour.Worse that can happen there is you gain a couple pounds???

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 12:07 AM

Who are u an where u work ? A different job could easily be coming this summer , I have had enough these hotask for one thing, I can't breathe , it makes me sick an move mask oil on it , sick yesterday from one kind oil breathe it thru mask

*Internal screaming* ....then quit

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 12:17 AM

*Internal screaming* ....then quit

Lol.. he won’t do that. And you are one of the “blacks” getting all the tax breaks or whatever.

You’re always welcome to have a dram with me Wolfdog,

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Why don't you get a job at Burger Whopper for $15 an hour.Worse that can happen there is you gain a couple pounds???

He feels he is above that!
Posted By: martyd

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 01:19 AM

Cooman... I am a production Mgr For a big manufacturing company in
Muscatine Iowa. We have 65 jobs open now. Starting $16.00 hr You might have to work 2nd or 3rd shift. Pm
Me if interested. Marty

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by martyd
Muscatine Iowa. We have 65 jobs open now. Starting $16.00 hr You might have to work 2nd or 3rd shift. Pm
Me if interested. Marty

... a little worried about your recruitment technique here martyd
Posted By: Mad Scientist

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by martyd
Me if interested. Marty

Nice gesture but that’s a100 mile drive- will you throw in a house?
Posted By: run

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader
I wouldn't worry about your company reading your post. We can't even understand them most of the time.

LOL.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 12:06 PM

Does John Deere have any openings in Dubuque,IA?
Posted By: bodycount

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 01:24 PM

Put as much money as you can from each paycheck into a good stock fund. You need to be building wealth for your retirement. You will be very happy you did.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 05:56 PM

[/quote]

Lol.. he won’t do that. And you are one of the “blacks” getting all the tax breaks or whatever.

[/quote] ok I didn't get that memo .....did they send it in via mail ooor confused mabye it's in my email confused wait wait wait I forget according to Biden I'm not black soooooo dang ! crazy
Posted By: martyd

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 06:12 PM

I give up Coonman. There is a lot of job openings right now all over Iowa. Your are just trolling every one here.
I wish you luck. Marty

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 06:21 PM

Must not supposed have 1 set controls with 2 operaters, the ones other plant make big money havecwebt office complain it i heard, I notice there on jobs byself, another crap week , do all work , in another year I can retire early on minuim soacil security at 62, not s good idea , ok aslong as can work pt, do better now but when can't work nomore if live long enough, done,$1000 month not go do it

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 06:23 PM

Must not supposed have 1 set controls with 2 operaters, the ones other plant make big money havecwebt office complain it i heard, I notice there on jobs byself, another crap week , do all work , in another year I can retire early on minuim soacil security at 62, not s good idea , ok aslong as can work pt, do better now but when can't work nomore if live long enough, done,$1000 month not go do it

Cook meth to supplement the s.s.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 06:57 PM

I'm having a difficult time understanding your last post. I don't know if you're going to retire at 62 or not.

To me and this is only my thought. You need to seriously consider getting 1 good full time job with insurance, work it for a year or so and get your knee fixed while under their insurance, short term disability and FMLA as well why you heal. As you're making more you should be able to save some money as well. What about the Casmo job? It's day shift and you can keep the cleaning job in the evenings for now to see how working them both go. You need to have some health insurance IMO and they offer it.

If trapping isn't financially smart then don't do it for a year or 2. I know you like to do it but you've got to weigh the pros and cons.

A lot of people on here have given you advice and meant it. You can think what you want of me and think I'm a d**k, but I don't wish anything bad on you. You're a tough nut to crack and understand your thought process. The decision is yours to make.

Good luck

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by bodycount
Put as much money as you can from each paycheck into a good stock fund. You need to be building wealth for your retirement. You will be very happy you did.

I wish, never save Penney, all spent an bills of course monthly take lot pay up, ya if there go start be real mean,time go
Posted By: TRAPPERTOM420

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 08:35 PM

Misery loves company, and you guys feed right into it, some people can never be helped, in order for someone to get help, first you have to help yourself Dave, and you don't. if you think people are mean, you should have never started this thread.

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 11:27 PM

ok I didn't get that memo .....did they send it in via mail ooor confused mabye it's in my email confused wait wait wait I forget according to Biden I'm not black soooooo dang ! crazy[/quote]

Yeah, Biden must have taken your tax break away!

Gotta get you one of those white privilege cards.

https://officialhodgetwins.com/products/white-privilege-card
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/14/21 11:38 PM

Door dash?

Re: Unsafe machines at work - 05/18/21 01:22 AM

You got experience, Savell?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums