Home

Bridger Body Grips

Posted By: 330 Belisle

Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 07:47 AM

Has Bridger Fixed the dog yet on the traps?
I bought 1 last year and I was very very unimpressed. It had a good 5 inches or more of play in the trigger, I ended up losing a animal because of it and it ended up being my only shot at that big Boar Coon that year.

Yes, I found the info to fix it, by installing a Belisle Trigger.

Just curious if the traps have been fixed.
Posted By: niteprowler

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 08:37 AM

I had some brand new Bridger 220's about 15 years ago that worked fine for coon.But this is the first I've heard of a Bridger trigger problem.I will be interested in learning more about this.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 11:47 AM

I have a few Bridger 330's and they are my to grab if I need a couple. I haven't had problems with mine either. I am curious of others that have problems also.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 12:02 PM

. I had some 159s that literally could not be fired if the trigger moves in one direction.
Posted By: Ave

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 12:44 PM

I bought some more 330s a couple years ago, and the triggers on them were pretty bad. Sometimes it would take 5-6 inches of play before they would go off. After some work on them, I got the play down to an inch or two, but looking back on it I should have just put belisle dogs on and saved myself the work.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 12:59 PM

90% of my 330’s are Bridgers ….no problems here
Posted By: warrior

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 01:28 PM

Bridgers have their flaws but the trigger ain't one of them. Any trapper worth his salt should know how to tune coni triggers as they all need a tuning.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 03:06 PM

great stuff
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 03:14 PM

Only problem i had with bridger bodygrips was the dog had to be 4 inchs long to set the trap without bending the jaws
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Bridger Body Grips - 08/18/21 04:13 PM

I bought some Bridger 330 magnums... never again. They're dang near impossible for me to set even with setters. I'll stick to Belisles.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums