Home

Lizards

Posted By: concrete man

Lizards - 08/19/21 06:04 PM

How to get rid of them anyone know what to use l
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 06:17 PM

Shooting lizards with rubber bands, monofillament nooses on a pole pulled tight on their necks or bodies, a quick pin down of the body with a hand and glue traps all work well for catching lizards. The skinks and Eastern fence lizards in Indiana are harmless. When I was a kid, I wanted my parents to take me to Aurora, Indiana, to their friend's house to catch lizards, frogs, toads and turtles all the time.

Keith
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 06:24 PM

they are great insect eaters of all kinds.
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 06:33 PM

Yeah they don't bother me the wife wants me to try to keep them away from the house they are skinks I would prefer not to kill cause they kill a lot of bugs . crazy thing is I seen one chasing a toad on drive way but I know it probably couldn't kill it they we re about the same size.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 07:01 PM

#1 duke cs. Pocket set baited with crickets. C'mon man, you're a trapper. laugh
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 07:17 PM

Invite a couple kids over and pay them $.50 a lizard to catch and release them somewhere else.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Invite a couple kids over and pay them $.50 a lizard to catch and release them somewhere else.

That is the perfect solution. I like them around, they are good bug catchers.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 07:29 PM

This is the answer right here.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 08:16 PM

They eat a lot of bugs. Take away the food source...no reason to stay.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Lizards - 08/19/21 08:58 PM

I don't understand why anyone would want to get rid of any native lizards.

Also, as an adult you might want to check the regs for them. There are a few protected ones in the US.

Kids generally can get away with fooling with stuff like that (unless they are in WI that is) but an adult could get in trouble with the wrong species.
Posted By: Bob

Re: Lizards - 08/20/21 03:58 PM

Get a 5 gallon bucket and bury it till the brim is level with the ground, take some plastic sheeting and create a “wall” 8-10 inches tall running across where you see them the most often and over the top of the bucket. They hit the plastic and can’t climb it so they follow it to the bucket and fall in. Used to do this all the time as a kid, we have lots of lizards here
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Lizards - 08/20/21 04:51 PM

This!
Posted By: gcs

Re: Lizards - 08/20/21 08:12 PM

Heck, I'd open the door and let em in, they can eat the bugs inside and out... grin
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Lizards - 08/20/21 08:22 PM

Friend of mine in Florida had an interesting way of capturing them.

If ya grab them by hand and grab only the tail , the tail breaks off and the lizard gets away.
What he used to do was swat them with a flyswatter. Hard , but not too hard. It stuns them and then you can just pick them up. If you swat them correctly , they come to just as you grab them.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Lizards - 08/20/21 08:23 PM

Pull up your Britches and tell the lady they are staying !!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums