Home

God bless Joe Manchin

Posted By: waggler

God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 04:36 PM

Any of you guys who value our Constitution and freedom need to dial this number and simply record a message of thanks to Senator Manchin for stopping the "build back better" bill.
I can imagine the threats the Leftist threw at him.
202-224-3954
Posted By: white17

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 04:38 PM

Maybe after the 2022 elections
Posted By: Trapset

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by waggler
Any of you guys who value our Constitution and freedom need to dial this number and simply record a message of thanks to Senator Manchin for stopping the "build back better" bill.
I can imagine the threats the Leftist threw at him.
202-224-3954

Or bribes. Most likely just didn’t sweeten the pot enough yet.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 05:09 PM

Happy he had the gambit.
Posted By: 080808

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 05:13 PM

He has a lot of guts.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 05:25 PM

Saw him on the Sunday morning news being interviewed by Neil Cavuto. Manchin was pretty firm that he wouldn't support the BBB. But, our local news said Biden and Pelosi were putting pressure on him to change his mind.

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 05:47 PM

I think he'd really look like he'd been bribed if that happens. I don't think he'll flip his position at this point in time.
Posted By: Posco

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 05:53 PM

Who knows what his motivation is but it's a temporary reprieve if nothing else. The government is out of our control and we all know it.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 05:55 PM

Manchin is still a Democrat. As Del Gue said to Jeremiah Johnson in the movie concerning an Indian converted to Christianity. He may be a Christian Indian but he will still scalp you.
Posted By: waggler

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 06:22 PM

I think he got really PO'd at the POTUS and other Dem leaders. I think they threatened him somehow.
A quote from him this morning regarding this; “They know the real reason what happened. They won’t tell you and I’m not going to,”.
Posted By: Posco

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Manchin is still a Democrat. As Del Gue said to Jeremiah Johnson in the movie concerning an Indian converted to Christianity. He may be a Christian Indian but he will still scalp you.

I don't know how one shakes that dust off their feet. Leo Terrel seems to have done a complete about-face, maybe Manchin can.
Posted By: Dan Gooden

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 06:25 PM

If he stays his path on this and the filibuster should make things rather interesting watching the left scramble
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 06:37 PM

I’ve been praying for him to withstand the pressure and deceitful words headed his way. I don’t put anything past Mitt Romney or Mitchell McConnell messing it all up and voting for it.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
I’ve been praying for him to withstand the pressure and deceitful words headed his way. I don’t put anything past Mitt Romney or Mitchell McConnell messing it all up and voting for it.

That’s what I’m worried about too, Brad. Too many rinos still in there that could screw up the works.

Itried calling the number, and got a real long beep. Think his machine is full….prolly hate talk from dems!
Posted By: EdP

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 06:53 PM

I expect JM to be running for POTUS in 2024. He's been setting the stage for it over the past 6 months IMO. In doing so, he may be saving the country by standing fast to his moderate position. I still don't trust him a bit on gun control. He was all in on Obama's "common sense proposals" post Sandy Hook.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 08:50 PM

Trust him or not, he does deserve a huge thank you on this one. I sent him an email awhile back, thanking him for doing the right thing and complementing him for his courage. Go to his website and there is a way to leave him a message. If we are going to criticize Democrats when they do wrong, and theres plenty of opportunity for that, we should also commend when they do the right thing.
Posted By: bodycount

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 10:03 PM

I'll just say DeVine intervention figured into Joe's vote. I believe we will see more help from above in the future.
Posted By: Camohoyt340

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 10:46 PM

It’s funny how there’s always a spoiler in each party. Republicans had their “maverick” McCain and Romney. Democrats have their Joe Manchin. It’s almost like the system is designed so that nobody ever gets what they want. Republicans cheer when manchin blocks the democrats and democrats applaud Romney when he blocks the republicans. It’s a never ending cycle that happens time after time and the people never win. Meanwhile America is being flooded with illegals, China has beaten us in every aspect, cities are recording their highest homicide rates ever and now little Timmy is turned into little Tammy.
Posted By: cathryn

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 11:16 PM

Hes from WV.

NUFF SAID
Posted By: Oleo Acres

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/20/21 11:54 PM

I expect he's waiting for Heather to be appointed head of the F.D.A.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 12:03 AM

As I understand it Manchin has a host of faults. But he has stood up and done more to defend us in the last year than a lot of the worthless "republicans" have.

I'll take a gift horse now even if it turns up lame later on and ends up needing shot.

Mike
Posted By: Dirt

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by cathryn
Hes from WV.

NUFF SAID

"Late on Election Night, with 93 percent of precincts reporting, Trump had 68 percent of West Virginia votes to Biden’s 30 percent."

Biden's not too popular, is he? smile
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by white17
Maybe after the 2022 elections

And not one second before! They know where his grandchildren go to school...
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Camohoyt340
It’s funny how there’s always a spoiler in each party. Republicans had their “maverick” McCain and Romney. Democrats have their Joe Manchin. It’s almost like the system is designed so that nobody ever gets what they want. Republicans cheer when manchin blocks the democrats and democrats applaud Romney when he blocks the republicans. It’s a never ending cycle that happens time after time and the people never win. Meanwhile America is being flooded with illegals, China has beaten us in every aspect, cities are recording their highest homicide rates ever and now little Timmy is turned into little Tammy.

On the other hand, if they actually DO anything, it just makes things worse.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
I think he got really PO'd at the POTUS and other Dem leaders. I think they threatened him somehow.
A quote from him this morning regarding this; “They know the real reason what happened. They won’t tell you and I’m not going to,”.

The woman who lives in Chappaqua , NY hasn't made him an 'offer you can't refuse' yet.

I'll be the first to say it -
Joe Manchin didn't commit suicide.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 01:23 AM

Manchin may be one of a few politicians who understand what causes inflation.

I expect he will go independent shortly unless he has plans to run for president.

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 01:47 AM

Nope.. but we love our joe..mr manchin to the far left.
grin
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 03:01 AM

Hillbilly Democrats like you find in the Southern Appalachian Mountains aren't the same as New England or Left Coast Democrats.

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 06:16 PM

I think hed have a good shot to be elected as President if he decided to run if he stays true to his convictions.

The more heck they give him the firmer he stands by his decisions.

I believe he has the best interests of west Virginians and Americans at heart.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 07:20 PM

Pelosi moved the vote till the new year, Manchin is talking about his own wants in the new bill, Pelosi is listening, I'd not be surprised he is holding out for his additions into the bill, he has the leverage.

I don't trust any life long Democrat, and I'm getting to not trust any Repub's either, Romney is the best waffler there ever was.

Maybe Manchin has been learning ??
Posted By: hippie

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 07:55 PM

Already said he's ready to negotiate when back from vacation. A dem is a dem.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 08:20 PM

We probably won't know Manchin's true colors until after the final vote has been taken. It's the old "I'll believe it, when I see it" adage. As it is now, Manchin is the Democrats version of John McCain.

It would not surprise me in the least if Romney votes for BBB.

I think the Biden administration is/ was hoping for a 50-50 vote so VP Harris could break the tie in favor of the Democrats. They could then crow about what a valuable asset she is to the country and party.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/21/21 08:44 PM

Harris said that last night. She was going to break the tie. Spoiler Alert laugh
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/22/21 12:29 AM

United Mine Workers pres is pressuring Manchin to support the BBB plan. I bet he flips.

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/22/21 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by 8117 Steve R
United Mine Workers pres is pressuring Manchin to support the BBB plan. I bet he flips.

Which is kinda fishy. With all the green energy crap in this plan, the mine workers would be cutting their own throat.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/22/21 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Manchin may be one of a few politicians who understand what causes inflation.

I expect he will go independent shortly unless he has plans to run for president.

I wish all politicians were independent.
Do what they "thinks is right"..
This (party) affiliated thing ain't working!

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/22/21 03:33 AM

Susan Collins now making noises about 'negotiating'
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/22/21 06:41 AM

We need to get rid of these rhino Republican in November 2022 elections at least the ones we can.

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/22/21 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

We need to get rid of these rhino Republican in November 2022 elections at least the ones we can.

Yup
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/22/21 11:14 AM

Who knows what this build back better bill contains? The whitehouse website says higher taxes and more welfare. I understand it is over a thousand pages. What else does it say?
Posted By: Finster

Re: God bless Joe Manchin - 12/22/21 11:30 AM

He did the right thing THIS TIME. I still don't trust the guy though.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums