Home

Cop ran over in Nebraska

Posted By: Gary Benson

Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 06:51 PM

I know this kid and his family. His dad is a pharmacist. Bad decision. Didn't see the warning sign and took a turn for the worse. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 07:27 PM

So they got the wrong guy and he tried to leave and they tried to stop him? Is that kinda what took place?

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 07:33 PM

That's what I gather. Dunno why he had to act like that. Not the brightest bulb in the box obviously.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 07:42 PM

You never know, cops don't have the best reputation for being understanding when deal with the public. A lot have the your guilty till I say other wise mind set.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 07:55 PM

sounds like the guy got nervous they were looking for him and not the actual focus of investigation and used his car as a weapon against the deputy.

this sounds a little like the conversation I was having with my wife las night , she said a bunch of states have now opted to mail you your citation for a number of violations to avoid contacts like expired registration , possibly speeding , headlight out she didn't know the entire list.

I said so they stopped policing

she said no they are avoiding bad contacts

she said no if you don't make a traffic stop you don't get into a situation where you have to shoot someone

like I said they stopped policing
then making my point , so you send the ticket for non registration and miss , the the van full of people being human trafficked , the DUI , the drug dealer who is moving piles of drugs and cash or a whole mess of other things.

it is a bean counter solution to fewer interactions but it comes at the cost of not policing , we see the effects of not policing all over the place in most major cities , the media wants to sell it as better but it is a lie like most everything else they sell.

real policing is a game of interactions getting to know your community and them getting to know you , building trust with your citizens , giving warnings for the little stuff when ever possible but using everything as an opportunity for a contact you can. the down side of that is not all interactions go well.

I expect we will find out that the guy shot who used his car as a weapon had something going on that made him not a good person thus he felt he needed to run over the cop who wasn't looking for him.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 08:12 PM

No reason acceptable to run a LEO over

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 08:19 PM

Pretty sure the kid wasn't innocent or he wouldn't have felt the need to do what he did. 11:00 PM at the south end of the parking lot.. I'm not convinced he wasn't connected to the original report.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

I agree in principal but Not all LEO are good and trust worthy or make good choices. I remember cops opening fire on an suv in california becuse it was an suv. Wrong color and model and people in it the Wrong race and sex when they were hunting that guy thst was shooting cops. They were no threat yet they opend up on it. Luckelly the cops also could not shoot and did not hit anyone.

In that spot I feel running them over would be good to go. Or shooting back.

It will get worse with the ones they are taking for cops these days.
Posted By: Clynn

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

I agree in principal but Not all LEO are good and trust worthy or make good choices. I remember cops opening fire on an suv in california becuse it was an suv. Wrong color and model and people in it the Wrong race and sex when they were hunting that guy thst was shooting cops. They were no threat yet they opend up on it. Luckelly the cops also could not shoot and did not hit anyone.

In that spot I feel running them over would be good to go. Or shooting back.

It will get worse with the ones they are taking for cops these days.

Wow ! Are you seriously off your rocker ?
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
sounds like the guy got nervous they were looking for him and not the actual focus of investigation and used his car as a weapon against the deputy.

this sounds a little like the conversation I was having with my wife las night , she said a bunch of states have now opted to mail you your citation for a number of violations to avoid contacts like expired registration , possibly speeding , headlight out she didn't know the entire list.

she said no they are avoiding bad contacts

she said no if you don't make a traffic stop you don't get into a situation where you have to shoot someone

like I said they stopped policing
then making my point , so you send the ticket for non registration and miss , the the van full of people being human trafficked , the DUI , the drug dealer who is moving piles of drugs and cash or a whole mess of other things.

it is a bean counter solution to fewer interactions but it comes at the cost of not policing , we see the effects of not policing all over the place in most major cities , the media wants to sell it as better but it is a lie like most everything else they sell.

real policing is a game of interactions getting to know your community and them getting to know you , building trust with your citizens , giving warnings for the little stuff when ever possible but using everything as an opportunity for a contact you can. the down side of that is not all interactions go well.

I expect we will find out that the guy shot who used his car as a weapon had something going on that made him not a good person thus he felt he needed to run over the cop who wasn't looking for him.

Pete, you would make a very good investigative reporter! Great analysis.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 11:38 PM

If somebody was trying to run me over I would shoot if at all possible. I bet everybody reading this would too.
Posted By: Clynn

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
If somebody was trying to run me over I would shoot if at all possible. I bet everybody reading this would too.

Oh yea !
Posted By: 160user

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/20/22 11:52 PM

Absolutely correct. Even better he only fired one round and the driver sustained life threatening injuries. Way to save tax dollars on high priced ammo!
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/21/22 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Imagine running over one of those BLM rioters. Then they shoot you.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/21/22 12:04 AM

Generally, people are getting out of control and cops are also people.....
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/21/22 12:12 AM

I'm not a LEO. I've never answered a call to investigate or apprehend or anything like that.

But there is one thing I deal with that may be similar. When I am handed the paperwork for a service call the only info I have is what the boss wrote down... And about half the time the info is sorely lacking. Sometimes it's the bosses fault. Sometimes it's because of what the homeowner told him... And they didn't have a clue.

So a call comes over the radio... Black male in a red hoodie, driving a blue car, threatening to shoot someone. So the cop rolls up to the general area with this info... Turns out it's a white male in a blue hoodie, driving a red car threatening to shoot himself.

If that happens to you a few times you might start to figure that your dispatch info may be wonky from time to time. So you roll up in the general area and start looking at anything that might remotely match what you were told... Keeping in mind that the details are murky at best... So now any guy wearing a sweatshirt and around a car is in your sphere of investigation.

Or even better, the call says a black car... But it's night time and in reality the car is dark blue.

Couple that mix-up with someone whose elevator doesn't go all the way to the top and you may end up in a mess.

I'm not making excuses for the cops or the driver here... But I can see where things can go off the rails pretty quick because of bad intel.

Mike
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/21/22 12:28 AM

Man I'm sick to death of any one trying to make a Leo out as the bad guy any more !! Most have no clue what they go through on a regular basis, and have no right to second guess any actions from them having not been there and even then if not being involved !!

If kids were taught how to respect rules and laws early in life and continued to respect what was taught them, many of these
attempts to blame every officer of foul play would not even be considered.

When a Leo rolls up you don't start being squirrely at night or in a suspicious area, which to a Leo is any where they are called to respond to.

Do what they ask politely and quickly, don't argue the facts, don't ignore the requests, things will work out if your innocent as expressed.

Having been in many of these circumstances I now of what I speak of !

Thinking your going to talk your way out of a arrival of law enforcement in mass is quite literally stupid !!!
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/21/22 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by GritGuy
Man I'm sick to death of any one trying to make a Leo out as the bad guy any more !! Most have no clue what they go through on a regular basis, and have no right to second guess any actions from them having not been there and even then if not being involved !!

If kids were taught how to respect rules and laws early in life and continued to respect what was taught them, many of these

When a Leo rolls up you don't start being squirrely at night or in a suspicious area, which to a Leo is any where they are called to respond to.

Do what they ask politely and quickly, don't argue the facts, don't ignore the requests, things will work out if your innocent as expressed.

Thinking your going to talk your way out of a arrival of law enforcement in mass is quite literally stupid !!!

This works both ways train cops better and to know they aren't gods and respect is earned not given. Too many bullies and picked on cry babies become cops for the power trip.
First rule don't talk to cops. See how you get treated then and thats a rite.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/21/22 01:00 AM

In NY that would be resisting arrest.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Cop ran over in Nebraska - 01/21/22 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by GritGuy

I guess becuse that choose a tough job that makes them do no rong and walk on water. Myself i know they are people and like all population that thay are made up of there arw great ones, good ones, fare, questionable, and down right bad ones.

I have had run in's with them all. Most are above avarage great guys above the % of the general population. But If you have ever run into one on a power trip you may not think that they walk on water. There are always exceptions.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums