Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 09:03 PM

Couple of Dozen usually at the NTA, FTA conventions

Have met you a couple times Tm LOL
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 09:10 PM

Yep, Bog is a memorable person
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 09:14 PM

Over a hundred? Not sure really. All at conventions over the years. Well, mostly all at conventions. I met Jonathan when I sold him some traps once before I left NY.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 09:16 PM

Maybe 20. Most were panhandling on the corner for booze
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 09:22 PM

I have no idea. More than I can remember.
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 09:45 PM

Hi Bogmaster I still remember 1st time I met you and Mr. Dobbins. A bunch of others.
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 09:47 PM

Tom was at a all you can eat buffet at a trapping show and Paul was at a bonfire somewhere out east may be NY?
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 09:58 PM

Dozens of long term members at various NTA, FTA, WVTA, and VTA conventions in the last 20+ years. I always remember Bogmaster as having coffee in his hand or within reach.
Posted By: cotton

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 10:02 PM

A good many, met you at York pa I think.
Posted By: KYBOY

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 10:02 PM

probably 20-30 ish',maybe more... mostly at UTK meets.. Ive always been too tied up to make it to any national meets.. I did meet one just the other day for a trade.. Good guy
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 10:15 PM

Cotton, met you in Indiana I think?
Posted By: cotton

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Cotton, met you in Indiana I think?

Ohio I think didn't make it to Indiana
Posted By: jk

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 10:24 PM

And the young guy from Novia Scotia/New Brunswick, "Hilts"?? Worked on boats commercially fishing, was real interesting and answered all sorts of questions. Some kind of accident 6 - 8 years ago.....jk
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 10:48 PM

Met many members at conventions or small rondies collected many of their T-Man handles as they signed my first issue T=man shirt that I started at a Wisconsin convention.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 10:54 PM

A dozen or more at the Nebraska and Kansas conventions.

Charlie
Posted By: Boco

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 11:34 PM

I'd say about 30 or so.
Posted By: Patrice

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 11:40 PM

Zim and I figured well over a hundred for us by now. Besides meetings and conventions, that comes from being right in the middle of the food. Go TMan Feeds! laugh
Posted By: Northof50

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 11:45 PM

Last 1/2 doz time has always been Tom with a coffee in his hand....anything else different now ?
When fur was profitable was always nice to write off convention travel expenses, but lately well everyone knows what has happened.
Remember when I was too meet Mr Gibb at a bar before a FIC meeting, kept on looking for that "red head firecracker" to no luck as he had silver hair after years of net fighting with Boco.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/18/24 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

X2
Posted By: Drifter

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 12:59 AM

I won't even venture a guess. The campfires and dances were the best parts.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 01:01 AM

One

Maybe it was you.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 01:10 AM

Dozen At Different events

Met ADC at Cumberlands trap store years ago. he had built me Two beaver cages.

Met Racerboy108 when my Gpa. died and I got invited to bear hunt at Racerboys place near Wadena,Mn

Met Waggler At an NTA event ...I sold him Marten traps then Eventually Hunted Nrown Bear with him 5 years later in Alaska.

I've met Paul several times at Conventions.

Met Rick Olson this season and he invited me up North to Get my first Bobcat.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 02:04 AM

Quite a fair number, I reckon. I try to stop and chat with folks if I am traveling through their area. I've met some very good folks on here, the Boss man included.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 05:53 AM

Started selling me units in Ohio when I first got my first model going clear back in 2021, after that and four more conventions in a row, I can't even remember all the members I've met !!

I do have a few that I keep replying to on a regular basis though, been doing that for many years since, great people honor to call them friends.

When I was involved in the First trappers book here I met more keeping track of funds and then mailing the books out, met more then, many not even here any more.

I have three of the signed Stretcher Boards auction off for various funding efforts as well, lots of names that have passed on that are on those stretchers, sorta sad to read them once in awhile to.

Great people here even if most don't know how to paragraph writings or break them long stories up, LOL !!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 10:06 AM

a lot mostly at conventions,
Posted By: Green Bay

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 12:13 PM

Met you at Maribel, WI District Rondy. Met many of you over the years at NTA and FTA.
Posted By: 2poor

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 12:47 PM

Hundreds
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 12:53 PM

Mbcoonman, Boco, Dobbins, thought I might meet Swampy at the NTA convention last year but I don’t think I did. I met
Mbcoonman last year scoping out some back roads like always while at work. Spotted a brand new truck and a guy fooling around near the edge of the road, he was hammering the fall beaver and we started chatting.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 12:58 PM

One , traded him some watermelon seeds for a dressed rabbit that I wanted to pay for but wouldn’t let me
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 02:07 PM

Same here but a bunch I do remember that have become good friends and I look forward to visiting with again.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 02:12 PM

I ate sushi in Dayton with a guy wearing a full coyote head dress once. Which one of yall was that?
Posted By: Jingles

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 02:13 PM

Unfortunately only those that are also members of WSTA and no idea if also members of Tman with exception of 1 that I know for certain and that 1 has been an extremely big help and influence and at least I call a friend. Have had dealings with several but not personally met
Posted By: RdFx

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 02:25 PM

Rondezvous, T-Man feeds, good times
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 02:48 PM

many, In the thousands would not surprise me.
Posted By: gcs

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 03:07 PM

Just y'all on here...
Posted By: Vinke

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Drifter
I won't even venture a guess. The campfires and dances were the best parts.

Thanks,,,,, now I’ve got a picture of Buzzard and Hal pressed tightly together, slow dancing stuck in my head….
sick
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 04:21 PM

I met Trapperkeck when he got some 410 shells for my brother. Met Hal at a convention and some others I never knew for sure who they were.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/19/24 04:44 PM

met a bunch at D9 trappers breakfast
met a few more other ways , rondy , just meeting up to buy something , trade something ect..
Posted By: rags57078

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/20/24 01:23 AM

Over 24 years I have met a lot of them
Posted By: KeithC

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/20/24 01:38 AM

I've had 4 members here and been over to two other member's places. I've talked to a lot of members on the phone, some many times, who I'll probably never see in person, because of distance.

Keith
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/20/24 12:46 PM

ive met most of the ohio guys, keithC probably the only regular poster i havent met. Met most of the ones here that are vendors, either those that had businesses or repressenting other states at NTA conventions and ohio conventions.

Met catthryn at a Sportman's Alliance trailblazer event at the charleston cabelas. That was a bit random.

Pretty muich all the others ive met at an NTA convention as i started going to them at hamburg and have only missed one since.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/20/24 01:20 PM

Undoubtedly, my loss. I'm not very social, to say the least, so I avoid groups. Been to only a very few get-togethers. Met a few fine folks at Livingston, Montana several years ago. Met a few T-man members when I was teaching the Wolf Certification classes in Idaho or Montana.

Jack
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/20/24 06:20 PM

Met a bunch too many to count. As to where, some on the trapline many at the D5 events and more at the fall rondezvous in Wisconsin, fished with some met quite a few at a rondezvous in Powell, WY a couple years ago and some I've met for trades and sales. Haven't met one I don't like yet. Hopefully I get to meet a bunch more before I am on the list of members no longer here.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: How mant T-man members have you met? - 02/20/24 10:37 PM

That about sums it up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums