Home

Laziness

Posted By: coonman220

Laziness - 04/18/24 07:50 PM

Have been known to be good worker in years past, no trouble on work days for get out bed to work. But low motivation an low energy at times an have make myself do things or get out bed when no work go on. I lay on couch when nothing to do an hard get up, is this what like when get older for some guys ? Or maybe was from be off work at one job last winter for couple months an put on 10 lbs, I don't like 0 motivation at times an even complain doctor about it when there for other appt,if this is what get older is like it is no fun at all
Posted By: 160user

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:01 PM

I have never "had nothing to do". There is always something to do.
Posted By: houndone

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:17 PM

As you get older you will lose energy plus sitting around not doing anything is not good either. There are many things you can do to help.exercise by walking a mile or 2 a day lift weights join a health club.put a garden in and enjoy the fruits of your labor.go fishing,pick up aluminum cans on shoulders of the road to help clean up your community.just to name a few.
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:25 PM

If one is not motivated by something to keep going, sooner or later one will waste away and pass on from doing nothing !

There is so much in the world to motivate people from going soft it's terribly sad that many cannot see them

Aging without motivation to do things is death knocking on your door !!
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:29 PM

Get a girlfriend.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:30 PM

Sounds like you need some wild wimmins to chase, Dave!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by GritGuy
If one is not motivated by something to keep going, sooner or later one will waste away and pass on from doing nothing !

There is so much in the world to motivate people from going soft it's terribly sad that many cannot see them

Aging without motivation to do things is death knocking on your door !!

Exactly
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:32 PM

Or a Hobby
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:37 PM

Spray some Fluid Film on the frame & undercarriage
of your Colorado to keep the rust down.

Pull your trapping hip boots out of the freezer
and check them for fold creases & dry rot.

Maybe get a belt sander and sand the
mold accumulation off your coon boards.

When you're done with these tasks check back here
and we'll have some more helpful tips to keep busy !!! laugh
Posted By: corky

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 08:38 PM

idle minds are the devil's workshop

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed

Stop being a Richard.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 09:05 PM

My dad told me since I was a kid, if you don’t move you die. Keep moving even when you don’t feel like it. The only thing I’ve noticed as I get a little older is time seems to fly by!!
Posted By: Marty

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 09:24 PM

increase your fitness level particularly your strength and aerobic capacity.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 09:39 PM

Dave, With your bad knee, I know you are going to be limited in your mobility. So whatever you can do to stay active, take it easy at first. 

If nothing else, walk down to the end of your driveway a few times a day. Sit outside in the sun and work on a few traps or trapping gear. Maybe even take a short drive and look for some trapping ground for next season. 

Sometimes it's tough to make yourself get up and get moving, but just by bringing the subject up, that tells me you aren't lazy. 

You can do it; I have confidence in you!
Posted By: Mando

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Get a girlfriend.

The stress from that will kill him even faster. Lol
Posted By: Mando

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
My dad told me since I was a kid, if you don’t move you die. Keep moving even when you don’t feel like it. The only thing I’ve noticed as I get a little older is time seems to fly by!!

The thing about dieing, you won't even know you're dead.
Posted By: Stewie

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 09:55 PM

Do you have a mom and pop cafe or a truck stop nearby that has a morning coffee crew? I know you're not a big people person but maybe just go sit at the counter and listen and throw in your two cents worth and eventually you'll fit in. Gives you a reason to get moving in the morning. I retired from farming after last year and understand your lack of motivation some days.

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 11:03 PM

Don't sound good but like u say, move or rot out or die or start stages of go away, if I can get away with it, I sit down after so many minutes of activity
Posted By: charles

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 11:06 PM

Prepare your tax extension.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 11:22 PM

Low testosterone levels, under producing thyroid, low B12 levels.

As we age...all kinds of stuff changes.

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Don't sound good but like u say, move or rot out or die or start stages of go away, if I can get away with it, I sit down after so many minutes of activity

Pick up a second language in your spare time. It never hurts to learn English.

Re: Laziness - 04/18/24 11:35 PM

Sounds like something a guy wanna talk med doctor about when go, I mention it to psycho doc an told me increase pills for brain health matter,I doubt they help for energy
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 12:01 AM

How many doctors do you have?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 12:12 AM

cut your blood pressure medicine by half
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 12:57 AM

Yes, coonman this is what old age is. One ache replaces the other. I have had a self diagnosed pinched nerve for over a month, luckily god came through and I chainsawed my knee the other day. Now the pinched nerve don't feel so bad. God is good! LOL
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 01:06 AM

There used to be a column in the Oregon Farmer Stockman magazine called: "The Lazy Farmer". He was like a role model for me.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 01:10 AM

Keep driving.Will get better the more you do.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 01:12 AM

I’ve had enough men tell me that a body in motion stays in motion. I believe it. Keep it moving there Coonman!

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 01:13 AM

Go for a walk everyday, Dave. Even if it's just around the block - it will keep you moving and be good for you.

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 01:48 AM

Ya arthritis an 2 months plus of not lots work with lot sit around an put on 10 lbs is what started it probly

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 01:52 AM

Ya arthritis an 2 months plus of not lots work with lot sit around an put on 10 lbs is what started it probly

Back away from the table and as others have said, walk around the block. Increase it to twice a day and then 3-4 times a day, whatever your body can handle. Just stay busy!
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 01:59 AM

Get some of Total T they advertise on TV.

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Colpetzer

And a goat.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 02:14 AM

I got on total T and the wife. It helped.give it a shotithelps.

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by BvrRetriever

I got on total T and the wife. It helped.give it a shotithelps.

Who's wife?
Posted By: K52

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 02:59 AM

Sounds like something a guy wanna talk med doctor about when go, I mention it to psycho doc an told me increase pills for brain health matter,I doubt they help for energy

You might want to ask him about depression. My wife was suffering from a bad hip and depression and didn't want to do anything. Get treated for depression and had a hip replacement and she is a 100 times better but she's still doesn't have the drive to do things like she used to.

Depression is real, it will make your life miserable, and it is treatable. Anyone that doesn't believe that or belittles anyone suffering from depression
doesn't have a clue.
Posted By: Coalcreekkid

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 04:57 AM

I run 1 mile a day so it keeps me from getting lazy. It keeps me out of trouble to! grin
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 09:44 AM

Agree on the walking. It's good for the body and mind.

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 03:52 PM

What is total t?
Posted By: Marty

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 04:04 PM

total t is your total testosterone in your blood measurement.
my last blood work my total t was 901. 67 yoa.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 04:30 PM

Exercise is key. The old men you see walking down the road everyday live a long long time. Lazy is contagious (hard to break everyday habits, its actually an addiction) and gaining weight makes it worse. If you can't walk b/c of a bum leg try to do something that gets your heart rate beating fast for 20 minutes a day, every day. What you eat is important too so lay off the junk and start eating fresh fruit and vegetables. If you eat a grapefruit and and orange everyday by the third week I bet you'd be surprised how much better you feel. You can't eat junk, do nothing, lay around, and then wonder why you feel like junk. You ever sleep too long over a weekend and feel drowsy? The rest of life is like that too. There isn't a secret cure or magic pill. If you want to feel better than you do then you have to change what you do everyday. Your body is a machine and you only get out of it what you put into it. If you filled your truck with junk, itd run like crap too.

If you find that you are out of breath in short walks you should go see a heart dr. When your heart is plugged up your blood doesn't pump well which is how oxygen is delivered throughout the body so when its not pumping well your brain tells your body you are out of breath. It fools you into thinking that you need to sit down and take break and breath heavy. Take care of yourself. No one else is going to. Good luck.

Exercise helps with depression too... and increases T. Eat fruit and exercise and you will feel better in no time. If you are doing all of that already then go get a T count done.

T = Testosterone.

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by OhioBoy
Exercise is key. The old men you see walking down the road everyday live a long long time. Lazy is contagious (hard to break everyday habits, its actually an addiction) and gaining weight makes it worse. If you can't walk b/c of a bum leg try to do something that gets your heart rate beating fast for 20 minutes a day, every day. What you eat is important too so lay off the junk and start eating fresh fruit and vegetables. If you eat a grapefruit and and orange everyday by the third week I bet you'd be surprised how much better you feel. You can't eat junk, do nothing, lay around, and then wonder why you feel like junk. You ever sleep too long over a weekend and feel drowsy? The rest of life is like that too. There isn't a secret cure or magic pill. If you want to feel better than you do then you have to change what you do everyday. Your body is a machine and you only get out of it what you put into it. If you filled your truck with junk, itd run like crap too.

If you find that you are out of breath in short walks you should go see a heart dr. When your heart is plugged up your blood doesn't pump well which is how oxygen is delivered throughout the body so when its not pumping well your brain tells your body you are out of breath. It fools you into thinking that you need to sit down and take break and breath heavy. Take care of yourself. No one else is going to. Good luck.

Exercise helps with depression too... and increases T. Eat fruit and exercise and you will feel better in no time. If you are doing all of that already then go get a T count done.

T = Testosterone.

Sounds exactly right an to change things is not easy. To much sitting around at home with no energy. If not go work. Boring an no reason to get out bed early an just lay in bed for 2 more hrs , unfortunately this stuff can be a killer in not many yrs of time, I recently start on blood pressure pills to lower blood pressure as was doctor for eye trouble an discover high blood pressure
Posted By: slue-foot

Re: Laziness - 04/19/24 11:45 PM

How's your grass growing Dave? Seems like there is always work to be done on a lawn after street improvement.

Re: Laziness - 04/20/24 12:13 AM

Just gonna cut grass for first time of season on Sunday. Where lawn was torn out it is spotty , they seeded it twice but didn't grow good because weather even with water it every day
Posted By: run

Re: Laziness - 04/20/24 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed

You win! You're doing it right!
Posted By: waggler

Re: Laziness - 04/20/24 12:43 AM

Write a to-do list the night before. In the morning start on the list. You'll be amazed at how much you can get done when you have a list.

Re: Laziness - 04/20/24 01:58 AM

A knee replacement would be great if could get over it in 6 wks time an be able walk long distances with no trouble or do lots more heavy work at job but that not way it works, good ole days are over is another matter, not lot look forward to, I pay my dish bill a couple weeks ago an got restored with more channels added an over half the time I can't find something get interested in or just no good, all reruns of course, u got spend more money to get better channels. Probly Cinemax an hbo. I recently got showtime ad on along with stars an encore I already have, showtime is not fantastic at all
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Laziness - 04/20/24 02:08 AM

I pay my dish bill a couple weeks ago an got restored with more channels added an over half the time I can't find something get interested in or just no good, all reruns of course, u got spend more money to get better channels. Probly Cinemax an hbo. I recently got showtime ad on along with stars an encore I already have, showtime is not fantastic at all

There's your problem, coonman !!!

Too much television, dude !!!

Get off the Boob-Tube & get active.

How can you afford that luxury when
you are already scraping to get by ?

Read a book, man !!!

Re: Laziness - 04/20/24 04:06 AM

I only watch it at nite or try
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Laziness - 04/20/24 04:59 AM

Look to see if you have the series called "Justified". Great show.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Laziness - 04/20/24 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
Write a to-do list the night before. In the morning start on the list. You'll be amazed at how much you can get done when you have a list.

This is what I do. Works for me Dave
© 2024 Trapperman Forums