trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trap Collector Forum
1 hour ago
Hi,
I’m new to everything trap related. Last week I stumbled upon an old trap sticking out of the leaves on our mountain property in California. It was still nailed to the base of an old tree that fell down the hill and landed in a dry stream bed. The tree fell at least 5 years ago, and I’ve walked by it many times, but never saw it. After prying the nail out of the tree, I got the chain loose and took home my new, rusty prize. I’ve spent a couple of hours researching online and I’m pretty positive that it’s a Victor Oneida #2 double long spring. It’s hard to read, but the pan says “No 2, Oneida Community” (I’m almost positive it’s a number 2, but it’s hard to make out). The trap is 14 inches long. There is also the remnants of the letter R, which I’m guessing is the end of the word “Victor.” However, when I look online, all of the other Victor trap pans have a “V” punched into them, and mine doesn’t. Is mine a pre-1911 Victor? Or do I perhaps have the brand wrong? I would love a date range if anyone is knowledgeable in that area. Also, the chain has been repaired and is made up of 3 different chains that have been wired together, which I thought was pretty cool. Thank you for any info you can give!
0 16 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
I like to read a lot. I was at a garage sale and bought a box full of assorted books. When I got home I went through them and found a book on reloading. It's title is: Hornaday Handbook of Cartridge Reloading, Fourth Edition, Volume 2, Tables & Charts.The book is in like new condition. It must be older, as it doesn't list some of the newer calibers such as 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 WSM, etc.

I reload for my 30-06, 244, 357, and shotguns. But, I really don't have any use for it. If one of you would like it, I would be happy to send it to you. PM me if you're interested.
0 57 Read More
Trap Shed
6 hours ago
Two Pro-Factor full choke tubes for Yildiz over&under 20 Guage. New in package.

These were marketed mostly by Academy Sports. Pro-Factor is no longer in business. Mossberg produced this line for a while. Hard to find now.

$30 for both chokes plus shipping.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 80 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 03:11 PM
2---5lbs boxes of Hornady #4 buckshot In Factory sealed boxes $40 TYD
4 Bags Lawrence chilled #2 lead shot $45
1 Bag of Winchester Chilled #2 Leads shot $45
1 Bag Winchester Chilled #BB lead shot $55
1 Bag Phoenix Chilled #BB lead shot $55
308 728 7297 I can text pics
Shipping is extra
0 183 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 03:05 PM
I can text pics 308 728 7297
Heavy weight tss Carlson 410 choke
Its a short invector style
$20 shipped
0 99 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 02:55 PM
I’ll be sending off my donation to the Trapperman discontary fund today and would like to challenge the rest of the men and women young and aged to do the same I think this is a great cause we are all friends on here so let’s get it done everyone have a blessed day and trap on
0 221 Read More
Trap Shed
Yesterday at 02:01 PM
Five (5) Newhouse ATC raised lettering pan #4s for sale, all in ex condition, complete chains w rings. $120 a piece + shipping, buy all 5 for $570 shipped in the lower 48. PM me w cell # for pics. SOLD SOLD SOLD
0 137 Read More
Trapper Talk
Yesterday at 10:56 AM
0 75 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/21/24 10:59 PM
The Ministry of Ungentlmanly Warfare saw it yesterday was interesting for sure , they were some gutsy people
0 388 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/21/24 10:52 PM
I pretty sure we have discussed black lights at some point in time. I also know that technology is constantly changing and getting better. The light I have at this time I'm not sure how old it is. I have had it at least 15 maybe 20 years now? Not really sure anymore. I got it when I was looking for Upper- right?? Spelling I can't??. it's the rocks in Michigan and lakes superior that Florence.
This light I have was ok for the most part. But I was never really impressed with the range. So I been thinking might be time to add another. I also wanting to use it to charge glow in dark fishing lures.
Don't need or want expensive. Just wondering what others might have and if any project much of a beam.

Mine looks like this. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up!"
0 324 Read More
Trap Shed
04/21/24 10:06 PM
I won this several years ago at an NTA Convention and I do not go Turkey hunting. It is brand new, never used. It is printed as follows:

"35th Annual N.T.A. Convention"
"Fond da Lac, Wisconsin"
"Hosted by Wisconsin Trappers Assn"
"August 1994"
"Limited Edition #12"

Signed by Tom Wein

Ashwood(heartwood)
Eastern White Cedar

You won't find another like it. $50.00 plus shipping.

I would also trade for a Sterling MJ-600, a couple Jakes or MB-750's, silver coins, bars, bullion, rounds or old US paper currency.

Thanks for looking.

Jediknight
0 171 Read More
Trap Shed
04/21/24 09:56 PM
Top Lot Camo Hats - $25 apiece to your door.
Brand new Shipping bags - $4 apiece plus shipping
Shipping labels - Free with purchase or trade.

I would also trade for a trap or two, silver coins, bars, bullion, rounds or old US paper currency.

Thanks for looking.

Jediknight
0 153 Read More
Trap Shed
04/21/24 06:44 PM
I have several tripods not being used, these all are in working order. The MeFoto and Leupold have quik release plates.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Leupold tripod, 31” max high 15” folded aluminum 3 leg sections quik clips. Comes with bag. $60

MeFoto Roadtrip S carbon fiber tripod, this is a good glassing rig for backpack hunts. Has arca swiss plate. 4 leg sections. 67” max 14-1/2” folded. Twist lock legs. $100

Hobby Custom , made in the USA Older tripod great for range days. 67” max 25” folded. 1/4x20 threaded for optics or cameras. $15

Bushnell vehicle window mount, 1/4x 20 threaded$10

Kuiu glassing pad, 8-1/2”x 14-1/4” camo $15

All are plus shipping, will look for best price to ship. Thanks for looking.

wws[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 198 Read More
Trap Shed
04/21/24 06:14 PM
Wanting to buy a sew on NWTF patch. Something such as the old logo of the Tom flying over the outline of the N.A. Continent, the 3 Toms walking, etc. Not interested in the yearly Michigan patches given for hunter success.

Let me know what you have, can provide a number if texting pics is easier. Thanks
0 94 Read More
Trap Shed
04/21/24 05:42 PM
Trapping books for sale. Sold in groups only. Price on picture. All in excellent condition except the NTA trapping book with slight wear. Money order only.
0 261 Read More
Trap Shed
04/21/24 05:42 PM
coleman lp gas 2 burner stove $20
coleman focus 5 radiant propane heater 3500-5000 $20
brinkman qbeam bigmax 300,000 spotlight $10
stanley stainless steel cook set for 2 new $10
all plus shipping can send pictures to phone
0 334 Read More
Trap Shed
04/21/24 03:52 PM
6 #3 victor round jaw 4 coiled,laminated with 3 sixteenth square
Stock. They have coyote emprinted on the pan.
90 dollars shipped.also offset.
0 262 Read More
Trap Shed
04/20/24 08:20 PM
Three items for Frontier Raw Fur Corp., all in nice condition.  They were located in New York City.   The large raw fur price list is dated for the 1950-1951 season, it measures 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches and gives prices for Mink, Muskrat, Weasel, Skunk, Opossum, Raccoon, Civit Cat, Beaver and Ginseng.  The postcard price list is dated for January 1949, it gives prices for Muskrat, Mink, Opossum and Raccoon.  The shipping tag is perforated and unused and is in great shape.  

$12.50, I accept personal check, money orders and PayPal.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 61 Read More
Trap Shed
04/20/24 08:13 PM
All 12 issues of Fur Fish Game for the year 2023, all in very nice condition. Some of the articles in this set are; Hunting Pressured Winter Whitetails by Larry Weishuhn, Beaver Under Foot Thick Ice by Pat Donnelly, Pike Under Ice by Phil Goes, Snaring Coyotes on Beaver Ice by Joe Hofer, Trapping At The Duck Club by Larry Edwards, Southern Otter Bonanza by Justin Rogers, Predators Beneath The Ice by Wes David, Beaver Through The Ice by Steve Anderson, Give Gobblers A Reason by Alan Days, Trapping Spring Beaver by Jeff Miller, Gobblers That Taught Me by Bruce Ingrath, Alaska Bear Camp Lessons by Lucas Byker. Brown Trout Are For Fools by Phil Goes, Trapline Fishing Adventure by Brad Welch, Honing Beaver Traps by Pat Donnelly, Summertime Catfish by Luke Clayton, River Rattin' by Phil Goes, Trapping Alaska Lynx by Lucas Byker, Trapping With My Girls by Pat Donnelly, Tricos Catch Big Trout by Vic Atardo, Stay On Top for River Smallmouth by Bob Dankowski, After The Arrow by Jeffrey Miller, Apple Kabob Muskrats by Doug Olson, Two Bulls In Five Days by Joe Cella, New Mexico Mule Deer by Will Bowen, Mudball Coyotes by Mike Schoonveld, Creating Go To Deer Stands by Heath Curtis, Blind Siding Otters by Tony Dutmers, Fall Turkeys by Jason Houser, Close Call Wolf Trapping by Lucas Byker, Late Season Squirrels by Bryce Ingram, Getting It Right For Winter White Weasels by Phil Goes. In addition to the above features there are monthly columns by Hal Sullivan and Tom Parr.

$25.00 SHIPPED. I accept personal checks, money orders and PayPal.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 129 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/20/24 03:30 AM
Noticed I have 2 boxes of these little guys....don't remember buying them anytime recently. Anyone use these on anything? Just gonna load them up for the Grendel because I'm out of 100gr ELDM's and really wanna try and shoot that prairie dog target I got propped up in the pasture laugh
[Linked Image]
0 113 Read More
Trap Shed
04/20/24 02:19 AM
SOLD, SOLD, SOLD
No. 6 shot, 25 lbs. in cloth bag for $40
No. 7 1/2 shot, 25 lbs. in cloth bag for $40
Buy both the No. 6 and The No. 7 1/2 for $70 (50 lbs. total)
Pre-Payment via personal check or USPS Postal money order
Pickup in Northwest Missouri (Cameron or Maysville area) by appointment
0 236 Read More
Trapper Talk
04/20/24 02:13 AM
I challenge you to Google this one. This link is the only one that even hints at this whackadoodle being trans, female pretending to be male. All the rest of the media are playing along.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/rockville-teen-accused-of-planning-school-shooting-denied-bond-in-court
0 230 Read More
Trap Shed
04/19/24 04:35 PM
Id like to acquire 2 copies of "The Trapper" magazine, April 1982 issue.
Contact me for availablity and pricing.
Dave Hastings
0 126 Read More
Trap Shed
04/19/24 03:07 AM
Looking for fully modified #4 LS OS traps. Message with what you have.

Thanks!
0 151 Read More
Trap Shed
04/19/24 02:00 AM
250+ 12 Gauge 3" Shotgun Hulls FS
Once Fired Range Hulls, Various Manufactures, Twice Visually Inspected,
Shipped Via Flat Rate USPS Priority Mail.
Payment Accepted By Personal Check Or USPS Money Order
$50 Shipping Included
0 135 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2